BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
O-line isn't the Rams' only problem.
True, but it is the top one. We now have money to resign Barksdale and get a FA guard too. We needed this trade.
Check my history, I'm a big Sammy fan but this was the right move for the future of this franchise

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Les was apart of the crippling Falcons trade for Julio Jones was he not?. Maybe he isn't as smart as we thought? Or more reckless than we thought. I don't know.

I just cannot fathom trading 1sts with the possible talent that could be in your laps at #10. And to THROW IN a 2nd? Um, what?

Sorry if I'm not "respecting Foles" but maybe it's that I don't trust a players stats that comes from a Chip Kelly offense.

I think Snisher are on their last year with the Rams. I moaned about aggression in another thread, this is desperation!

Irish

Starter
I guess on the value chart the difference between pick 10 and pick 20 is about 13 million dollars and a working anterior cruciate ligament

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Again, one year of being in bad cap space is better than giving away your future for an average to below average player.

Trust me, if Foles was any good, the Eagles would not be trading him. You just don't trade good QBs in this league

Well same can be said for Bradford - if he is so good why is he gone?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

imagine if they gave that up for a 1 year rental.

where's that head exploding gif?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well same can be said for Bradford - if he is so good why is he gone?
Because he's injury prone, not because he's a bad QB. At the very least I'd rather have a bad QB and my draft picks than an average QB and no draft picks

This is one of the worst trades I've seen the Rams ever do

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that would've been who?

The 'competent QB' tab didn't have many names on hit this offseason.

Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Mike Glennon
Matt Moore

And you can add every other fucking NFL QB on that list if the deal is swapping 1sts, a future 2nd, and Bradford.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Again, one year of being in bad cap space is better than giving away your future for an average to below average player.

Trust me, if Foles was any good, the Eagles would not be trading him. You just don't trade good QBs in this league
You say that as we trade Sam...just sayin. Sometimes it happens

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
How so?we just dumped a crippling contract for an injury prone qb...good move no matter how you account for the potential that SB has/had. We are built to win now, we need stability at the qb and Foles offers us that.
I'm good with it.
So true. Everyone acts like Sam was always on the field contributing to wins or something. I think this fits our situation with cap issues and at least adds a healthier solution to the QB spot. I also would mention that if it's true that Sam wouldn't take a cut to help the team, then he's perhaps not a team guy either.

Athos

Legend
our top priority is o-line for now, we can still get a top 5 talent at 20, trust the front office man. They have done a solid job this far. Not to mention we were gonna have to pay through the nose next year if SB did have a good year.
It was just time to move on

Not after that trade.

Scherff and Peat will be gone. La'el Collins is probably gone. Clemmings and Flowers could be gone. You've just priced yourself out of a draft class, while deep in o-line, is slim in very good o-line talent.

I can see it now.

"trade down for some good ole' quantity over quality."

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Mike Glennon
Matt Moore

And you can add every other freaking NFL QB on that list if the deal is swapping 1sts, a future 2nd, and Bradford.

Mariota and Winston? Yeah, that wouldn't have cost us a lot.

Couldn't give two shits about Moore.

Like Glennon but was he even available?