Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well said
Sam chose to sign that deal, and it was ludicrous when he signed it. But Philly was desperate and Bradford had the upper hand. What comes around goes around

tempests

Hall of Fame

to all of you saying that sam should stay there and stick it out, a question.

what do you think's gonna happen after every incompletion, a completion short of the sticks on 3rd down, every interception? the crowd is gonna start chanting wentz/goff's name, that's what. how is a team supposed to function like that?

look at what happened to the broncos when tebow was in town on the bench. what qb would want to be put in that position? there's no winning there.

Definition of a defeatist attitude. I know that's what I want out of my starting QB.

Most QBs would like absolute job security. Few have it. That's life.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If I were his agent I'd push him to duke it out with the kid with the Eagles, win the job, and play well. Re-establish his brand as a top QB that route, instead of allowing him to take the easy way out.

Re-establish?

LOL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definition of a defeatist attitude. I know that's what I want out of my starting QB.

Most QBs would like absolute job security. Few have it. That's life.

Defeatist? Whatever.

He has no future in Philly. They made their decision.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I kinda get that sam is miffed

He coulda signed with other teams (Browns Broncos etc) rather than the Eagles in FA if this the route they wanted to go ... (Granted the Eagles FO probbaly didn't think this would happen)

But I remember when bulger was our QB and someone asked him if the Rams drafted a QB (cutler maybe?? ) .. He said they can draft any rookie QB they want I'll just beat him out in camp .. That's what I'd like to see from Sam (but maybe it goes back to his perceived lack of fight and fire )

I'm not reading anything about teams contacting the Eagles for Bradford, so he would be wise to shut up and play. If he pouts and sits out not a lot of teams are going to want him after he gets cut at the end of the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This guy is as fragile mentally as he is physically. Yeah, go home and pout, Sam.

Imagine if Warner had done this when the Cards drafted Leinart.
-- Warner complained & was pissed off Matt Leinart was the starter. Why did the Giants get rid of Warner ?? It wasn't the money $$
---Worst thing Bradford did was quit on The Rams for money. He could have reestablished his career with the organization. The Rams were not low balling him & wanted to get a fair deal done.
--The Rams & Bradford have the record for paying a rookie ever.THIS RECORD WILL take a decade at the very least to break.
The Rams put trust & lossing seasons in because of there believe.He came out & said he wasn't going to give them a discount !! He has always been about the $$$$.
--- Looking back at the history of this organization,& I still think The Rams biggest mistake was holding out SJ39 & resigning Bulger late .Trading back there draft pick,& not drafting Jay Cutler for a fair value rookie contract for a QB. The Rams still had Holt & Bruuuce !!
They could have kept Bruuuce , but let him go to the 9ers to save $$ 2 million in cap space.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Defeatist? Whatever.

Their decision was to take more than one swing at the QB piñata.

At 28 and smack in the middle of his prime, Sam still could've make his case. There's a future for any QB that can play well.

tempests

Hall of Fame
-- Warner complained & was pissed off Matt Leinart was the starter. Why did the Giants get rid of Warner ?? It wasn't the money $$

KW got jerked around as much any QB in recent memory, yet he never stopped being a pro or believing in himself, and his chance came again.

It wouldn't have if he stomped off the team in a huff.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
KW got jerked around as much any QB in recent memory, yet he never stopped being a pro or believing in himself, and his chance came again.

It wouldn't have if he stomped off the team in a huff.
--- Very true & Warner earned everything he got !!! I think he was & is very professional , but the last preseason game the Cards had.He was ask a question about his situation live on the sideline.
He said something in the regards as he is a starter in the NFL he is sure a team needs a player like him.He does not want to sit.He has done to much in this league to not be given a chance.
I took that as cockeyness,believe in his game.I also know he was put in another situation to sit behind another franchise QB without a fair competition.
-- Why didnThe Rams get rid of Warner ?? I think Martz thought he owed it to him.Bulger was the starter.I think Martz did him a disservice by not protecting him.
--I think Leinart got hurt that game with his shoulder & the rest was history. Warner proved himself & earned his chance.
--I'm not sure how long Kurt Warner was going to keep quiet though. I don't think he had much respect for Matt Lienart !! Eli was a different story , but then again Tom Cofflin is a stand up coach.He did the right thing by letting Warner go.
-- Just the way I remember it--

nighttrain

Legend
Warner did have a broken thumb, happened with Rams and didn't truly heal till he got to Zona
train

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He wasn't laid off. In fact he just cashed an $11 million check.

Not wanted, he's making 18 million this year.

You're not getting it then. That's ok. I was laid off in January after 22 years at a job. Younger, less money.
I made good money and it wasn't about results. Bradford makes a lot of money and when the new young guy comes in making less money he'll likely hit the bench. It's the same basic principal man. Sure, I'd rather get a $10M severance but it's all relative.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's very simple. They've made a sizable investment in him-to start, not sit on the bench.

If he plays well and leads them to a playoff berth they will want him back for 2017. If he does it in 2017 they will want him back for 2018 and beyond.

If he behaves like a child they won't want him back at all.

They are not trading all those picks to draft a QB at #2 to let him sit, IMO. It wouldn't make sense. Nothing they did makes sense. Why pay Sam and Daniels all that money to ride the pine?
You don't like what he's doing, I get it and that's cool. But if you read what he's actually saying he just believes he's a starter (for many years) and doesn't want to just be a stop gap for Wentz or Goff. Everyone keeps saying he's made all this money and to shut up.
He's still an athlete who wants to compete, start and win. And everything the Eagles are doing is telling him he's not the guy anymore.

Doesn't seem that hard to understand his side of it, really.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Defeatist? Whatever.

He had no future when he signed a two year deal that allows him to be cut after one year for very little cap hit.

And he did it days before he could have become a free agent.

Takes two to tango!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Maybe there's a future in coaching for Bradford...

Jim-Harbaugh.gif

...big freakin' baby!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are teams contacted the Eagles about Sam and they're asking for more than just a 2nd.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Bradford is like a spoiled little brat

I've never cared for Bradford since day one

giphy.gif

RAMBUSH

Starter
If Sam would have been more accommodating with the Rams in his contract extension efforts things would have looked a lot different. I don't think he understood how tough it is for a QB that is non-elite to get into the type of position he was in with the Rams, where they still believed in him even after he had two consecutive injury shortened seasons. At the time I felt he was going to regret not signing a fair contract with the Rams and I still believe that.

Even if he goes to Denver, which is a great destination for a QB, he's going to have to deal with competition and maybe even a high end draft pick next year. Elway's expectations are extremely high. No matter how you slice it, competition is what happens when you transition from being the top drafted QB with all those expectations to a guy who is getting longer in the tooth but has still not lived up to your draft spot.

If I were his agent I'd push him to duke it out with the kid with the Eagles, win the job, and play well. Re-establish his brand as a top QB that route, instead of allowing him to take the easy way out.
I always liked Sam , and believe if he was a ram last year we would have made the playoffs if he stayed healthy . I know that a big if , but i never understood the thought that foles would work out better then sam. I mean imagine Sam Bradford with Gurley , Austin a healthy quick and a offensive line that gave him more then 2 seconds to make his reads. The man is accurate and makes good decisions in my opinion. I can't blame him for getting his money, who can? This league will dump you quick and pay you squat if it could so good for him. Anyway I wish him luck and wish he was wearing horns.