Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I don't know?

We don't know what he was told when he signed. Why would he be upset unless this move contradicted what he was told?

I can assure you no GM said to him.. "Sam you sign on and the job is yours"

Is he getting sulking techniques from tre mason?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Again. Making an argument for what he's been paid? Don't get this approach, at all.

It's not his fault he was offered all that money. Only a fool would reject it. But there's only so much cap space to sign other players when so much of it is used up by one player. Again, that's not his fault but that may be the perception by some.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If it's stability Bradford wants, then he needs to win the starting job this year in Phiily and play well. Without injury.
There is certainly the stigma that Bradford will get hurt.

If he plays well and stays healthy, teams will come knocking.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'd be pissed too. It's the same at any job. If someone hires you to do a job, and then hires another guy to learn and take it from you, would you be happy?
If I was getting $12 million guaranteed I could care less. Maybe if he performed a little better they would not be drafting the guy. also how does baby Bradford know they are not going to draft Wentz and have him sit on the bench the first couple years? A number of people have said that Wentz should sit a couple years before starting.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-about-sam-bradford-but-price-was-too-high/

Report: Broncos called about Sam Bradford, but price was too high
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2016

At one level, Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford going public (through his agent) with a desire to be traded could make it harder to force a deal, since it reduces Philly’s leverage by making the whole thing a mess. At a deeper level, perhaps Bradford’s agent has decided that taking a public stand is the best way to soften things up for a trade.

Case in point: The Eagles apparently have opened negotiations by taking a hard line.

Mike Klis of 9News.com reports, citing a prominent NFL source” (I won’t speculate on who that may be, but I can’t stop the audience from doing it) that the Broncos reached out to the Eagles about a trade for Bradford, and that the asking price was too high.

It’s important to note that the Eagles didn’t laugh and hang up the phone. They articulated a price. It was just too much.

So what’s the best way to force the price down? Back Philly into a corner by taking the fight public, perhaps.

The high road sometimes doesn’t get to the preferred destination. Eventually, the low road becomes the only option. That’s quite possibly why Condon has decided to tell the world that Bradford wants out — and it’s quite possibly why Bradford is now committed to staying away from voluntary workouts.

The question becomes whether the Eagles will stay on the high road, or whether they’ll resort to the low road, too. It may not be the smoothest way to head into the 2016 season, but it may be the best way to remind everyone in the locker room that the days of getting a one-way ticket out of town by not “buying in” are over.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

to all of you saying that sam should stay there and stick it out, a question.

what do you think's gonna happen after every incompletion, a completion short of the sticks on 3rd down, every interception? the crowd is gonna start chanting wentz/goff's name, that's what. how is a team supposed to function like that?

look at what happened to the broncos when tebow was in town on the bench. what qb would want to be put in that position? there's no winning there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Pretty pussy/punk move....Esp. from a vet. player, named the starter on an entirely new coaching staff...Makes me want to apologize to all the guys I gave lip service to, when they questioned his leadership abilities...Spoiled is how I describe his ass now...
how does baby Bradford know they are not going to draft Wentz and have him sit on the bench the first couple years?
Because, the brat knows this kid would beat him out in pre-season...so will Goff.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Let me rephrase that to better convey my thoughts.

It wasn't really about how much he got paid. What irked me was that he got paid that much money for not playing for 1.5 seasons. Sure someone else could've gotten paid that money, but they may have a bigger impact because they would probably play more than Bradford.

I think he should've given the Rams a break when the stuck through his injuries.

And he was supposed to control that part? When he got his knee torn apart trying to make a play? He could've been hurt day 1 and still would've gotten paid.

When it's the team cutting a guy or manipulating the market by suggesting he might be cut/trade bait etc - it's just business. But when a player doesn't like it - it's not business anymore, it's the guy being selfish/greedy whatever.

So when you get mistreated at your job and go to a company that doesn't, is that being selfish/greedy too?

No but he did sign it under the impression of being the starting QB. Not being replaced by Jared Goff/Carson Wentz and being a stop gap. Dude isn't some 30 year old backup.

If I was getting $12 million guaranteed I could care less.

Thankfully Sam Bradford doesn't have that mentality.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

to all of you saying that sam should stay there and stick it out, a question.

what do you think's gonna happen after every incompletion, a completion short of the sticks on 3rd down, every interception? the crowd is gonna start chanting wentz/goff's name, that's what. how is a team supposed to function like that?

look at what happened to the broncos when tebow was in town on the bench. what qb would want to be put in that position? there's no winning there.

Sam has never had a legitimate challenger in camp. The only thing better than a great qb is two great qbs. Some say the second most important position on the team is the backup qb. Sam hasn't played 16 games since..... Idfk. He has to realize the position needs insurance behind him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam has never had a legitimate challenger in camp. The only thing better than a great qb is two great qbs. Some say the second most important position on the team is the backup qb. Sam hasn't played 16 games since..... Idfk. He has to realize the position needs insurance behind him.

But he's not a challenger, he's the qb the Eagles traded a ton of draft picks for to be the future of the team. Look what happened to kurt in new York and Arizona. Eli didn't win the job yet he got thrown in there after 9 games and lost the rest of them bar the last game. Leinart didn't win the job and got thrown in there after about 5 games and lost the rest of them bar one or two.

C'mon man. The rookie is gonna start sooner or later. You rarely get a situation like brees who had been there for 2 years and knew the system.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's not that black and white and you know it. The Eagles would be thrilled if they could trade him for fair value. They don't want him there anymore. Why would they, they gonna draft their qb.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
But he's not a challenger, he's the qb the Eagles traded a ton of draft picks for to be the future of the team. Look what happened to kurt in new York and Arizona. Eli didn't win the job yet he got thrown in there after 9 games and lost the rest of them bar the last game. Leinart didn't win the job and got thrown in there after about 5 games and lost the rest of them bar one or two.

C'mon man. The rookie is gonna start sooner or later. You rarely get a situation like brees who had been there for 2 years and knew the system.

Bradford needs to stay healthy, win the job, kick ass, and take names. He's one of the best practice field qb's of all time. I'm anxious to see if REAL competition can little a fire under him. I want to see him shut people up on the field and be a leader of men. I want to see sustained high performance when it matters. I'm Suh camp and ashamed of it. Bradford can atone my shame.
CblrXN0VAAAkGse.jpg

lockdnram21

Legend
No but he did sign it under the impression of being the starting QB. Not being replaced by Jared Goff/Carson Wentz and being a stop gap. Dude isn't some 30 year old backup.
well his play hasn't been that well or his health of staying on the field. Glad he's not our problem