Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
HALO

Watched the first episode on Paramount Plus

I'm probably not the right person to give it a critique review

I've played the game some , years ago when my sisters kids were still at home

but I don't really know the story of HALO all that well , the basics maybe , but the game has been around for like 20 years now

so the story evolved and has gotten pretty massive

so my quick thoughts would probably be the same as people who watch Marvel movies , but never read any of the comics

and from what I've gathered , this new HALO TV show has been getting lukewarm reviews

people who know the game well , seem to be down on the series , not sure how much the show differs from the game

for one thing , I know some people are having a problem with , is that you get to see Master Chief's face

but for me , I though the first episode was pretty cool

I'm on board with it :cool:

I'll give it 8/10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KZ3MKraNKY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4doITNi2RE

Last edited:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I am late to the party. I just got finished watching Band of Brothers on HBO. Freaking incredible series. If you guys haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and dig in. It follows Easy Company through WWII. Those guys did some amazing stuff and they were in most of the European campaigns biggest battles.

Q729

Legend
I know I am late to the party. I just got finished watching Band of Brothers on HBO. Freaking incredible series. If you guys haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and dig in. It follows Easy Company through WWII. Those guys did some amazing stuff and they were in most of the European campaigns biggest battles.
Watched it back in the day around when it came out. Same with it's companion series The Pacific. Bought both blu-ray sets during lock-down and binged them all again. Band of Brothers is the better of the two, but I liked both.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Definitely, it gives you a great sense of the shit those guys went through. The stuff during the winter siege of Bastogne was incredible and really drove home the impact of the sacrifices those guys made.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Another on HBO - Peacemaker

Very good show. I was skeptical because Cena is limited but he's well cast as the bumbling super hero with emotional baggage. The references to Batman and other dc heroes gives it some validity. It is written and directed by Peter Gunn, who I believe worked with MCU on Guardians of the Galaxy.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4-2Qi_J_8

StarTrek2.jpg

header-snw-cowboy-poster-1.jpg

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the last episode of Top Boy last night and it was incredible.

One of the finest pieces of UK drama I have ever seen and if you liked The Wire or Gomorrah, you'll really like this, because it's similar in vein and similar in quality.

Dialogue can be mumbly and I had to look up a lot of the urban slang as I'm an old fuck, but seriously guys it's incredible.

A dark and violent look at gang warfare and food (drug) selling in London.

It's a bit confusing as Channel 4 made the first 2 seasons (only 4 in each). It then went dormant for 10 years and Netflix bought the rights and made two more seasons (8 in each).

To try and avoid confusion they renamed the first two seasons Top Boy Summerhouse and then the two Netflix seasons were just called Top Boy.

You can dive into Top Boy Season 1 on Netflix, but as all are now on Netflix, I'd start with Top Boy Summerhouse.

You're probably going to need subtitles.

Not sure if this trailer will work for you guys but you'll be able to find one on YouTube

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpHEe9HS2_A

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If already posted, my apologies
This show is so g-damned good. I had no interest in it, because I thought it was a documentary type thing. As a die hard Celtic fan, I wouldn’t watch. After being told it wasn’t documentary, and it opened with a beautiful set of tiddies, I knew I was in!!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Loyal , @dieterbrock found a show you can at least watch the first minutes of.
I won't watch a minute of it. The biggest part of a non-documentary is the suspension of disbelief and those guys in the poster look like bad imposters. Although it was a favorite time of being a Lakers fan during Showtime, the lack of authenticity is a huge turn off.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't watch a minute of it. The biggest part of a non-documentary is the suspension of disbelief and those guys in the poster look like bad imposters. Although it was a favorite time of being a Lakers fan during Showtime, the lack of authenticity is a huge turn off.
So you’re saying the action in the first few minutes dieterbrock mentioned are likely fake too…lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you’re saying the action in the first few minutes dieterbrock mentioned are likely fake too…lol
He won't watch it it because he's a Larry Bird lover, until he actually saw the legit beauty of Showtime, if that's the first few minutes?....which, I wouldn't know , ya bastid....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He won't watch it it because he's a Larry Bird lover, until he actually saw the legit beauty of Showtime, if that's the first few minutes?....which, I wouldn't know , ya bastid....
100% Larry Bird lover, hated losing to the Lake-show. But you are correct, Showtime was pure beauty and as much as I hated losing to them, it was like rooting against Tiger Woods, knowing that you lost to pure brilliance.
Back on track, I actually think the casting is pretty good and its easy to suspend the disbelief because the cinematography is spot on, and its more satire than reality. More Ted Lasso than the Kurt Warner Underdog stuff.
Lastly, it's about time John C Reilly gets a leading man role, the ultimate side kick kills it as the hero.
Guaranteed that if you watch the first 10 minutes, you'll be hooked

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If already posted, my apologies
This show is so g-damned good. I had no interest in it, because I thought it was a documentary type thing. As a die hard Celtic fan, I wouldn’t watch. After being told it wasn’t documentary, and it opened with a beautiful set of tiddies, I knew I was in!!
One of the best series I have seen. I was a Laker fan during the Showtime era and remember HATING the Celtics so much. I can't wait to see the rest. I love the way they cast this thing. It's fucking BRILLIANT!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion