Best Soda You've Discovered Recently

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Favorite Cane Sugar Soda Pop

• Total voters

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
A and W was the bomb back in the day .

Get a Chili burger and a Gallon of Root Beer in the Jug to take home.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bubble Up ?

do they even make Bubble Up any more

I looked for it a while back and couldn't find any around here , couldn't even find anyplace on line that tells me where they sell it

they changed the formula of 7UP like 15 years ago , to where now 7UP basically taste like Sprite , which is nothing compared what 7UP used to taste like , it had so much carbonation it was almost like drinking Alka Seltzer.......................lol

and I always seemed to remember Bubble Up tasted similar to 7UP , so I looked for some Bubble Up ( not even sure they even made it anymore ) , but never found any

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmqJ_EzwAp4

I goggled it , apparently Bubble Up is still made by dad's Root Beer , still no idea if there is any place close to where I live that actually sells it though

My Grandmother always had Bubble-Up in the fridge.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Grapefruit Crush. More grapefruity than Squirt.

…..

Legend
AW355G.png
Back in the late 70’s, early 80’s I was cutting an old mans grass for my 5 bucks roller rink money. His name was Willie and he was portugese which is why I deveoped such a taste for Linguica. But anyway, Willie would always give me an extra two dollars and Id ride my bike with an empty gallon jug the 3 or 4 miles to the local A&W. For $1.92 they’d fill me full of Root Beer and it was the smoothest, butteryest root beer in the whole universe.

Then since he was a bachelor and needed company, he’d cook breakfast of Linguica and eggs, I’d wash it all down with ice cold root beer. We’d watch the Rams game on an old tv, And THEN I’d cut the grass.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Original Mountain Dew with cane sugar

mmmmmmmmmm, so good.

I never see it for sale any more, but when I see it, I grab a 12 pack box and savor it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Also

Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer
iu

SOOO Good!!!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have a particular brand in mind but every once and a while I enjoy a Ginger Beer.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
index29.png
This isn't a recent discovery but in fact an old family favorite. It comes from the area where my parents grew up and at one time you could only get it there. I believe they have branched out some now. Has and interesting taste nothing like any other soda. At least to me. The name is kinda neat to. Most call it Ale8 but really its name is A late 1.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I heard of some candy shop while I was in Georgia that has some awesome sodas, never went and don't know the name.

Maybe someone, heard they had a bunch of stores.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
View attachment 42531
This isn't a recent discovery but in fact an old family favorite. It comes from the area where my parents grew up and at one time you could only get it there. I believe they have branched out some now. Has and interesting taste nothing like any other soda. At least to me. The name is kinda neat to. Most call it Ale8 but really its name is A late 1.

I have never heard of this, and cool story.

What family of soda describes it? Cola? Cream soda?

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have never heard of this, and cool story.

What family of soda describes it? Cola? Cream soda?
Its has a ginger,citrus flavor with less carbonation than most sodas or as my cousins say pop.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... I’m looking in the corner of my local grocery store and I see this;

Boylan-Bottleworks-Birch-Beer.png

Cane sugar, Birch Beer (soda) probably similar to yours, Mac:

Also

Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer
iu

SOOO Good!!!
View attachment 42531This isn't a recent discovery but in fact an old family favorite. It comes from the area where my parents grew up and at one time you could only get it there. I believe they have branched out some now. Has and interesting taste nothing like any other soda. At least to me. The name is kinda neat to. Most call it Ale8 but really its name is A late 1.

And... to me... it tastes how you describe, @ozarkram. Probably not exactly the same, but maybe closer than most. They describe it on their web site as;

“Distinctively minty and sharp, with strong notes of sweet birch and wintergreen oil.”

The Birch beer, never heard of it... now Dang this stuff is good. This Boylans Company seems to have some interesting cane sodas.