Best Soda You've Discovered Recently

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Favorite Cane Sugar Soda Pop

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just finisheed my first bottle of Cheerwine soda and I'm in love. To be clear as a diabetic, I have no business drinking this, but thank God it's insanely expensive at Cracker Barrel and it's not available in stores near me. I saw it featured on a funny YouTube channel as being the best regional soda in the South and I now believe it. I bet there is a corn syrip version in southern supermarkets, but this version I had was made with cane sugar and is the best cherry soda I have ever had. Cane sugar drinks are the best, but are more expensive to make. I love cane sugar coca cola and my favorite drink as a kid was the long neck solid glass bottle of Dr Pepper. I now am in a quandry that this empty bottle of Cheerwine is a nice example of a glass bottle that you rarely see anymore. Do I throw it away? So which is your favorite recent discovery of a soda pop? The poll is about your favorite cane sugar soda.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I grew up with Royal Crown (RC cola) as my favorite. I really liked the deeper darker taste, if I recall how I described it as a favorite even then.

These days, I love a glass of A&W root beer. In the frosty mug from their shops is great. But a bottle is awesome too, IMO.

AW355G.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I grew up with Royal Crown (RC cola) as my favorite. I really liked the deeper darker taste, if I recall how I described it as a favorite even then.

These days, I love a glass of A&W root beer. In the frosty mug from their shops is great. But a bottle is awesome too, IMO.

AW355G.png
Dude, let me Pimp Cheerwine for a sec. You can find it in Cracker Barrel restaurants around the US, but don’t know about about Canuck-ia ..As for A&W, I forget about it sometimes because I haven’t been to one in 10+ years, but the ice cold glass mugs make it great!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just finisheed my first bottle of Cheerwine soda and I'm in love. To be clear as a diabetic, I have no business drinking this, but thank God it's insanely expensive at Cracker Barrel and it's not available in stores near me. I saw it featured on a funny YouTube channel as being the best regional soda in the South and I now believe it. I bet there is a corn syrip version in southern supermarkets, but this version I had was made with cane sugar and is the best cherry soda I have ever had. Cane sugar drinks are the best, but are more expensive to make. I love cane sugar coca cola and my favorite drink as a kid was the long neck solid glass bottle of Dr Pepper. I now am in a quandry that this empty bottle of Cheerwine is a nice example of a glass bottle that you rarely see anymore. Do I throw it away? So which is your favorite recent discovery of a soda pop? The poll is about your favorite cane sugar soda.

i have a cheerwine sponsored diecast in my collection somewhere. morgan shepherd was the driver i believe.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"Soda pop" lol. Reminds me of my 2nd grade teacher from Mississippi.

Pepsi is my go to. Love that nectar. I remember in the 2000s they came with all sorts of concepts. Pepsi Twist (with lemon), vanilla, blue, ONE, etc on top of the regular cherry flavor. Now you only get the regular and cherry, sometimes they release vanilla.

Has there been a new soda lately? I don't really recall a brand new one other than throwing cherry or some other fruit flavor in existing ones.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I absolutely hate soda. Sorry, I can't stand the fizz, the taste, etc. Then again, I only really like water, so I guess I'm just weird.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wanna know how the sweet nectar of the gods isn't on this list....Mountain Dew!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Pepsi is my go to. Love that nectar. I remember in the 2000s they came with all sorts of concepts. Pepsi Twist (with lemon), vanilla, blue, ONE, etc on top of the regular cherry flavor. Now you only get the regular and cherry, sometimes they release vanilla.

Has there been a new soda lately? I don't really recall a brand new one other than throwing cherry or some other fruit flavor in existing ones.
Crystal Pepsi?
images.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I prefer Coca Cola and RC.
I do miss the cain sugar and the tall, glass bottles.

Pepsi is ok, but doesn't seem to have the same cola flavor. I even prefer Shasta Cola over Pepsi.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That was a gimmick a few years ago. I'm talking like a brand new one to test out the market. Think Surge, Sierra Mist, etc.
It was out in the early 90s and had a full campaign pushing it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Bubble Up ?

do they even make Bubble Up any more

I looked for it a while back and couldn't find any around here , couldn't even find anyplace on line that tells me where they sell it

they changed the formula of 7UP like 15 years ago , to where now 7UP basically taste like Sprite , which is nothing compared what 7UP used to taste like , it had so much carbonation it was almost like drinking Alka Seltzer.......................lol

and I always seemed to remember Bubble Up tasted similar to 7UP , so I looked for some Bubble Up ( not even sure they even made it anymore ) , but never found any

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmqJ_EzwAp4

I goggled it , apparently Bubble Up is still made by dad's Root Beer , still no idea if there is any place close to where I live that actually sells it though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I work for Coca Cola so I’m biased. That said I only have our sparkling flavored water in my fridge.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bubble Up ?

do they even make Bubble Up any more

I looked for it a while back and couldn't find any around here , couldn't even find anyplace on line that tells me where they sell it

they changed the formula of 7UP like 15 years ago , to where now 7UP basically taste like Sprite , which is nothing compared what 7UP used to taste like , it had so much carbonation it was almost like drinking Alka Seltzer.......................lol

and I always seemed to remember Bubble Up tasted similar to 7UP , so I looked for some Bubble Up ( not even sure they even made it anymore ) , but never found any

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmqJ_EzwAp4

I goggled it , apparently Bubble Up is still made by dad's Root Beer , still no idea if there is any place close to where I live that actually sells it though

I saw regular Bubble Up at the Cracker Barrel yesterday, in the same section of other pure cane sugar sodas in old style glass bottles...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The meaning was "new to you." I have never had Cheerwine before, but it was first manufactured in 1917. Also "new to you" could mean that you are not old enough to remember/have real cane sugar sodas before. I'm pretty sure that replacing cane sugar with corn syrup in soda is an idea straight from the pit of hell..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I work for Coca Cola so I’m biased. That said I only have our sparkling flavored water in my fridge.
Hopefully you make those Mexican Coca Colas....Get the US to get the old glass bottles with real cane sugar! Make Coke great again!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully you make those Mexican Coca Colas....Get the US to get the old glass bottles with real cane sugar! Make Coke great again!
We actally import them from Mexico we don’t even have a phone number to call I think it’s just fax in an order. But there’s very little better than a Coke or Fanta in an ice cold glass bottle.