Bernie HATIN'..!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I used to post on STLTODAY a long ass time ago. I can't stand that forum or the reporters from there. Especially Bernie. I remember him bashing fans for thinking the Rams were going to LA.
He banned me because I posted this at Old Larry.

giphy.gif

FRO

Legend
He brings up a point with Demoff's record running the show. I don't think Demoff should still be in that role. He has done a very poor job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He brings up a point with Demoff's record running the show. I don't think Demoff should still be in that role. He has done a very poor job.
I mean, what could he do differently? He hired two of the more sought after head coaches, gave them some rope, then fired them when they didn't deliver. He's also managed the cap fairly well considering all the high picks we've had. If anything, I think he needs to revisit the high salaries he affords players the coaches want to sign or retain at all costs. He might be a little too generous in that regard.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?

giphy.gif
I remember that! Old Larry was so fun to hate. He helped build THE ED if you didn't know.
I think you posted another one of the old man looking in a window and then looking back.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember that! Old Larry was so fun to hate. He helped build THE ED if you didn't know.
I think you posted another one of the old man looking in a window and then looking back.
Yeah, that's the one. I can't seem to find it though.
Either way, yeah. He tattled on me and Bernie came to his rescue.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that's the one. I can't seem to find it though.
Either way, yeah. He tattled on me and Bernie came to his rescue.
But X, I remember a different time after you agonizing about getting drawn back to the PD in a addictive sort of way, you created a profane last eff you letter to the board, with pictures of cuss words used so their program wouldn't remove the words from view. You were sure of a permanent ban after that...That final message was pure poetry..it was fukking literature!
XwtlPqD.png

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I mean, what could he do differently? He hired two of the more sought after head coaches, gave them some rope, then fired them when they didn't deliver. He's also managed the cap fairly well considering all the high picks we've had. If anything, I think he needs to revisit the high salaries he affords players the coaches want to sign or retain at all costs. He might be a little too generous in that regard.
Can't exactly be tight on the cash when trying to bring in fresh blood to this organization. I mean, not exactly a destination for the past decade.
:(

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Bernie may want to recheck his facts, but I know he won't. Kroenke wasn't the principal owner until the summer of 2010 meaning Linehan wasn't hired or fired under Kroenke/Demoff and Spags wasn't hired under them either, but was in fact fired by them. In fact, the only hire they made was Jeff Fisher, the most coveted coach in the market in 2012. Did Fisher fail? Yes. Was it because of Demoff/Kroenke? Probably not.

The Rams have had 4 winning years in 27 seasons. Their issues go way beyond the Kroenke/Demoff era. But we appreciate the ass hurt Bernie, we really do.

As a side note, would love a McVay/Wade Phillips pairing here.

FRO

Legend
We don't judge draft picks on how we thought of the moves at the time, but on the result of the moves 3-5 years down the road. Demoff should be treated in kind. It's a results driven industry and the results have been bad. As to the cap, which teams are in bad cap situations? The only team that comes to mind are the Saints. If he is a cap genius, then demote him to cap guy. The results haven't been there with the guy running the show.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oh, I feel like we all pay every time we waste time reading his stuff.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Dude has a point though. I appreciate his pragmatic view on most things to be honest.

Bernie's view is that is doesn't matter who the Rams hire as HC or who they have at QB, they are doomed to failure as long as Demoff and Kroenke are there. Not sure how pragmatic that really is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We don't judge draft picks on how we thought of the moves at the time, but on the result of the moves 3-5 years down the road. Demoff should be treated in kind. It's a results driven industry and the results have been bad. As to the cap, which teams are in bad cap situations? The only team that comes to mind are the Saints. If he is a cap genius, then demote him to cap guy. The results haven't been there with the guy running the show.
That doesn't really answer my question though, FRO. I asked what he could have done differently. Saying "results" doesn't address that. I said he hired two of the top coaching candidates when they became available, gave them some rope, and then let them go when they didn't produce. What, beyond that, should he have done differently? He's not the GM, he doesn't make draft picks, doesn't design game plans, and doesn't build the roster. That's the responsibility of the HC and GM. I didn't suggest that because he's a good cap manager that he's beyond reproach. I only suggested that he turned that whole situation around and has done a good job with it ever since.

So again I ask; what - specifically - should he have done beyond what he's already done?

JRobinson

MiLB
Bernie's view is that is doesn't matter who the Rams hire as HC or who they have at QB, they are doomed to failure as long as Demoff and Kroenke are there. Not sure how pragmatic that really is.

Actually it's only pragmatic because of the fact that the record is what it is since Demoff and Kronke have been in control. However it's more of a opinion based thought

FRO

Legend
That doesn't really answer my question though, FRO. I asked what he could have done differently. Saying "results" doesn't address that. I said he hired two of the top coaching candidates when they became available, gave them some rope, and then let them go when they didn't produce. What, beyond that, should he have done differently? He's not the GM, he doesn't make draft picks, doesn't design game plans, and doesn't build the roster. That's the responsibility of the HC and GM. I didn't suggest that because he's a good cap manager that he's beyond reproach. I only suggested that he turned that whole situation around and has done a good job with it ever since.

So again I ask; what - specifically - should he have done beyond what he's already done?
He gave Fisher and Snead far too much rope. He could/should have stepped in after Schotty left and forced a legitimate offensive coordinator on Fisher and forced a different offensive approach. The results do matter though. Like the draft just because your pick was praised at the time, it depends on if it works or not. Same with the coach and GM. Many teams have been able to turn their respective teams around in the same time frame.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He gave Fisher and Snead far too much rope. He could/should have stepped in after Schotty left and forced a legitimate offensive coordinator on Fisher and forced a different offensive approach. The results do matter though. Like the draft just because your pick was praised at the time, it depends on if it works or not. Same with the coach and GM. Many teams have been able to turn their respective teams around in the same time frame.
Well, okay, but that's really not something I wanna see the COO doing. Picking coordinators and dictating the way a head coach coaches while stepping on the GM to do it. If that's your preferred method of how a hierarchy should work, you might not attract too many legitimate candidates in either role. Nobody wants to take a job as GM or HC knowing that the COO has the power to supersede anything you wanna do. Especially after interviewing and getting hired on the basis of how *you* wanna build and run the team. I think this is just a case of shit rolling uphill. We get rid of players - not enough. Get rid of coaches - not enough. Get rid of the COO? Yeah, that should do it. If not, get rid of the Owner. If that doesn't work, get rid of homo sapiens as a whole. lol.

Zero

Pro Bowler

giphy.gif
Guess Bernie has no sense of humor.That's a freakin classic!
I guess if I were Bernard I probably wouldn't have one either.
Debating whether I should post a link to this thread in his comment section.
Just to let him know he is loved at ROD.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

giphy.gif
Did you caption that, or was the photo just enough on its own?
Too effing funny.
I often wonder how OL made out, if he thought Sam Bradford was bad, I cant imagine how man strokes he must have had watching the QB follies since #8 left the field