Beirut Explosion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think it was an assumption that those were windows and that the lady wasn't vacuuming a carpeted outdoor patio... Which apparently she was.
Obviously an assumption and a very poor one, we all have our trades in this world, mine is the window business, that was an open deck with no glass, which is a real good thing for the little girl, had there been glass theres a decent chance it would have been tempered glass (which would have shattered into many small pieces)

Anyone familiar with James Bond movies, just relate it to Die Another Day, all those diamonds in the North Koreans face

Rex Chapman is a total attention whore jack wagon, or just dumb...little disappointed this found its way here, I’m sure many truly heroic deeds came about during those moments, why do the embellished ones get attention

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Obviously an assumption and a very poor one, we all have our trades in this world, mine is the window business, that was an open deck with no glass, which is a real good thing for the little girl, had there been glass theres a decent chance it would have been tempered glass (which would have shattered into many small pieces)

Anyone familiar with James Bond movies, just relate it to Die Another Day, all those diamonds in the North Koreans face

Rex Chapman is a total attention whore jack wagon, or just dumb...little disappointed this found its way here, I’m sure many truly heroic deeds came about during those moments, why do the embellished ones get attention
That is literally the point of embellishing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Some of the reports I heard were that there was ALSO fireworks being stored near by. If you watch some of the video, you will see red flashes going off in somewhat of a row before the big blast. It actually looks a lot like when they demo a big building. Sorry, but I'm also not buying the oopsie daisy story.

And yes, grain dust is very volatile. We had a couple silos burn and blow out their tops near where I lived.

But again.... Not buying the "accidental" story.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not seeing shattered glass at all...Rex... why do people feel the need to embellish?

But good job by the adult to get the little girl out of harms way as quickly as she could
And my first thought was, is “migrant worker” really necessary? But I thought better to let it go.
Then I watched the clip...
good on that woman, didn’t hesitate a second. The rest of dialogue? Meh...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There’s some chatter now from explosives experts who question the giant red ball of flame in connection to ammonium nitrate.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
There’s some chatter now from explosives experts who question the giant red ball of flame in connection to ammonium nitrate.

I’m seeing a ton of explosives experts on twitter today - many of whom also happened to be experts in epidemiology.

I think those of you who counseled withholding judgment on this until more facts are available are taking a wise approach. I, too, am too quick to want answers.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wow! That changed everybody’s day. Corona took a backseat real quick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2020 has the power to do that.

Me: "Yo... this pandemic is really something"

2020: "Hold my beer"

Me: "Did you just blow up Beirut?"

2020: "Not all of it..."

Me: "I didn't realize a year could give me PTSD."

2020: "I'm here for you. Also... I'm not done, yet."

Me: "I feel like you're gonna postpone the end of the year or something."

2020: "Do you really think it's a good idea to give me ideas like that?"

Me: "I'm not sure of much of anything, anymore."

2020: "You're welcome."

Let's just hope 2021 comes in like: "I'm soooo sorry about 2020. Let's see what we can do to clean this mess up, shall we?"

As opposed to 2021 being like: "hey bitches. I see you met my weaker older brother. Well, buckle up, cuz we're REALLY gonna go for a ride..."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I’m seeing a ton of explosives experts on twitter today - many of whom also happened to be experts in epidemiology.

I think those of you who counseled withholding judgment on this until more facts are available are taking a wise approach. I, too, am too quick to want answers.
I’m not suggesting foul play at all. Just relaying information.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hard to say willful disregard is not foul play as well.

I did read one report that the warehouse which allegedly stored 2500 tons or so of amonium nitrate was "unsecured". Yeah, that makes my spidey sense tingle just a bit. Either that report is very wrong, or someone screwed up in a major way in leaving a warehouse full of explosive material "unsecured".

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
My mind instantly went to an act of war yesterday morning. Now I’m more in the line of gross negligence. But the facts really aren’t fully available yet. I need to train my brain to wait and withhold judgment. Easy to talk about - even easier to tell other people to withhold theirs - tough for me to practice what I preach.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gross neglect wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's amazing how often things, be they inherently dangerous or even just mission critical to a business, are dealt with sloppily.

When I got a job for a studio on the lot, they had one server... plugged directly into the wall... sitting on the carpet. They kept their financials on zip disks... it was head-shakingly bad.

I've had occasion to be on a couple of hard hat sites. One was super strict and tight on all things OSHA. The other... holy shit. I made a note to never go there as I was sure the building would collapse.

I've seen tanker truck guys delivering gas and doing it with a lit cigarette. Multiple times, actually.

So gross negligence? Oh yeah. I can believe that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1596669176432.png

1596669214300.png

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Another angle from NASA
bomb.jpg

It'd be nice if the true cause ever gets reported publicly and accurately but i doubt it.
All i know is....This was no boating accident.
200w.gif