Beer musing here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh... and fresh hopped beers tend to be best drank shortly after they are conditioned. The hops are generally added in the end of the boil and during fermentation so very little bittering qualities (acts as a preservative) are released by the hops - even if they are technically bittering hops. You are going after the floral qualities which can fade quickly. They also can make for an amazing nitro.

I totally agree....I prefer to enjoy my chilled Hamms within 10 years of its brewing, or it's not The Beer Refreshing...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Love the pale ales, if it is hot outside, there is nothing like a lighter beer ice cold. It usually goes down in about 2 gulps.

Regardless of alcohol content it is funny how sometimes you can drink one beer and get an instant buzz, and other times drink four and feel nothing.

Of course drinking on an empty stomach plays a role. :)

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Do you use the Untappd app?
I've only been using it since the end of September but have (apparently) tried 236 different beers in that time.

My best rated beer in that time is Neutron Star by Atom Beers (fairly local to me here in East Yorkshire), it was a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, simply divine. The best before date was something like September 2030.

Cool. Just downloaded.

I’ll set up my account tomorrow as I’m a pint deep into a maple. A little sweet, so I’m cutting it with a red. But pretty good!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@RamFan503 funny you mention the sessions. When those gained popularity around 2014, brewers were not initially cutting the IBUs in half. Bitter beer face.

On session level beers, prefer a mild, saison or berlinerweisse.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, you guys and your foo foo beers!

One beer that is massed produced that I like is Budeiser Copper Lager, aged within Jim Beam whiskey barrels and it's over 6% alc content. I really like the taste!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

One beer that is massed produced that I like is Budeiser Copper Lager, aged within Jim Beam whiskey barrels and it's over 6% alc content. I really like the taste!

And you used to buy Playboy magazine for the articles.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

lol...but no lie, I hate beers that taste like alcohol, and this one had a unique taste that wasn't boozy.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I totally agree....I prefer to enjoy my chilled Hamms within 10 years of its brewing, or it's not The Beer Refreshing...
When it is hot outside and I'm tired and beat a cold Hamms sounds great. Even a 10 year old Hamms! If I can't find anything else. I like many macro beers which is why lagers now rule the world.:mrburnsevil:
:love:Give me a Bud!:love:

View: https://youtu.be/imUWHcmtDhQ

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
lol...but no lie, I hate beers that taste like alcohol, and this one had a unique taste that wasn't boozy.
While you're reading Playboy try a Natty Daddy (8% alc).(y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While you're reading Playboy try a Natty Daddy (8% alc).(y)
I paid 10 bucks for a Vanilla porter ale kind of thing that was 12% alc...I actually grabbed the bottle not knowing the price (shyte!).
Worst damn beer/ale I ever drank

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@RamFan503 funny you mention the sessions. When those gained popularity around 2014, brewers were not initially cutting the IBUs in half. Bitter beer face.

On session level beers, prefer a mild, saison or berlinerweisse.
I'm not much into saisons but I'm there with you on the berlinerweisse. Grant's Weisse Beer was a really good clean one - Grant's was a small Washington brewery. But ole Bert got pissed at his sons for selling the company out from underneath him and took the recipe to his grave. I've been looking for a good replacement ever since.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That rarely works out well.
It was featured atop a whole range of specialty foo foo beers. @RamFan503 would have been stoked by it!

I was looking at the outside wrapper, which was appetizing, and then when it was rung up I was too proud to back out! lol

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
It was featured atop a whole range of specialty foo foo beers. @RamsFan503 would have been stoked by it!

I was looking at the outside wrapper, which was appetizing, and then when it was rung up I was too proud to back out! lol
I've done that too.:(

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Funny you mention that particular beer. Awhile back Michelob had a seasonal winter cask ale and it had like a caramel after taste it was super refreshing. Unfortunately they discontinued that beer but that Budweiser Copper has a similar after taste.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'm not much into saisons but I'm there with you on the berlinerweisse. Grant's Weisse Beer was a really good clean one - Grant's was a small Washington brewery. But ole Bert got ticked at his sons for selling the company out from underneath him and took the recipe to his grave. I've been looking for a good replacement ever since.

Some guy on our side of the Sierras came out your way last year and opened a new micro- brewery in Sparks, I believe. Can’t remember the name right now...(n)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some guy on our side of the Sierras came out your way last year and opened a new micro- brewery in Sparks, I believe. Can’t remember the name right now...(n)
Jeremy, Revision

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seriously, I was housesitting an old farmhouse right after college (free rent, and lowpaying starting job) and they had box after box in one of the barns of almost every year of Playboy up to that point. And while I appreciated the pictures - the articles were killer. Playboy paid way above the usual rate for excerpts from top writers, for great feature articles, for interviews with big names, etc - because that provided the cover for their photospreads. By the '80s the photospreads were tame - but the interview of the month was usually great, great fiction, excellent other articles. And they let many writers do their thing while supporting themselves with Playboy stories or articles as a small part of their time spent writing.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Funny you mention that particular beer. Awhile back Michelob had a seasonal winter cask ale and it had like a caramel after taste it was super refreshing. Unfortunately they discontinued that beer but that Budweiser Copper has a similar after taste.
If you really liked it call your AB distributor and tell them. They decide what they distribute. They also relay consumer info back to St. Louis. Huge corporation but much more responsive than people think. Hopefully that beer will be available this winter so I can try it!(y)