Beer Me!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IPAs everywhere.....
Any Lager suggestions?
I know @Dieter the Brock absolutely loves Jack's Abby, makers of some fine-ass lagers (no ales to be found in the entire brewery). Also Night Shift here in Boston makes a gorgeous Pilsener called Pfaffenheck.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Biweekly, yeah. Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont gets them pretty much every other Wednesday, but they sell fast. I recommend going to Wegmans in Burlington and asking someone in the liquor department, they don't make announcements and keep their Sip behind the cooler so it's available longer.

My wife goes to Wegmans, I will have to have her pick some up. Have you tried it?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
My wife goes to Wegmans, I will have to have her pick some up. Have you tried it?
Oh yeah. It's good. More similar to Heady than to any of the latest crop of ultra-juicy haze bombs, it's got back end bitterness that's very nice. It's my wife's favorite beer, other than Julius from Tree House, and she generally doesn't like hoppy beers.

I actually met the brewer, Sean Lawson, at that Belmont bottle shop a couple months ago. Nice guy.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
QOVdwqW.png

Saved this one for my birthday. Thanks @Dieter the Brock - love me some Jester King.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
QOVdwqW.png

Saved this one for my birthday. Thanks @Dieter the Brock - love me some Jester King.

I've been collecting some of my favorites to send you out another box. Some good stuff from Last Stand which is literally 4 miles down my country road - 2 miles closer than Jester King. They are doing some fun stuff. A Special Release "Driftwood" Wandering Barrel Aged Belgian style Pale Ale, their Smash IPA which I live on, the Action special release from Austin Beerwoks - and odds and ends .... But

image.jpeg

But before I can send this out, I need to pick up the grand prizes!

SPON Blueberry & Pitaya and the SPON Albariño & Blanc du Bois

They're out this Friday. I am going to camp early for these. I think you might dig these

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-spon-blueberry-pitaya-and-spon-albarino-blanc-du-bois

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Dieter love Atrial Rubicite. Probably my favorite sour.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I've been collecting some of my favorites to send you out another box. Some good stuff from Last Stand which is literally 4 miles down my country road - 2 miles closer than Jester King. They are doing some fun stuff. A Special Release "Driftwood" Wandering Barrel Aged Belgian style Pale Ale, their Smash IPA which I live on, the Action special release from Austin Beerwoks - and odds and ends .... But

View attachment 20411

But before I can send this out, I need to pick up the grand prizes!

SPON Blueberry & Pitaya and the SPON Albariño & Blanc du Bois

They're out this Friday. I am going to camp early for these. I think you might dig these

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-spon-blueberry-pitaya-and-spon-albarino-blanc-du-bois

View attachment 20412
View attachment 20413
Oh you magnificent bastard

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
@Dieter love Atrial Rubicite. Probably my favorite sour.

Yes!
Me and my buddy traded 2 Atrial Rubicite's for 4 six packs of the Soul Doubt IPA's and two 4 packs of the Yellow Rose IPA from Lone Pint.

He had already purchased his alottment of 2 for the day and was desperate for more -- so he hit me and my buddy up -- I went all Beer Snead hahahahah

Thought i got a good return

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
beer.jpg

I spent the weekend in Maine visiting my wife. By sheer dumb luck I booked a motel right across the street from Maine Beer Company. Both were really well made and tasted great, I preferred Another One. I'm going back up in about 4 weeks so I'll get to try the other beers.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
View attachment 20514
I spent the weekend in Maine visiting my wife. By sheer dumb luck I booked a motel right across the street from Maine Beer Company. Both were really well made and tasted great, I preferred Another One. I'm going back up in about 4 weeks so I'll get to try the other beers.
Nice! Love Freeport, and love love love MBC. Another One is their best beer (other than Dinner, which only comes out like three times a year).

When you're back, try Mo, a tiny beautiful something and Lunch. The first two are my other favorites, and Lunch is their most hyped beer (other than Dinner, again).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I definitely need a Tall Cold one right now! We have been dealing with Temps up to 110 Degree's for two weeks now, and it's supposed to stay this way for at least the rest of this week!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Nice! Love Freeport, and love love love MBC. Another One is their best beer (other than Dinner, which only comes out like three times a year).

When you're back, try Mo, a tiny beautiful something and Lunch. The first two are my other favorites, and Lunch is their most hyped beer (other than Dinner, again).
Thanks for the info, I'll have to try those. I'll have more time to spend up there so I'll probably go in for a full tasting.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Thanks for the info, I'll have to try those. I'll have more time to spend up there so I'll probably go in for a full tasting.
Also, go to Portland and go to Bissell Brothers. There's also a little beer mecca in another section of Portland - the Allagash brewery is right next door to a little industrial park that has Foundation Brewing, Austin Street Brewing and Battery Steele Brewing.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Also, go to Portland and go to Bissell Brothers. There's also a little beer mecca in another section of Portland - the Allagash brewery is right next door to a little industrial park that has Foundation Brewing, Austin Street Brewing and Battery Steele Brewing.
Awesome. I've been to Portland a few times, great place, but never long enough to go booze hunting. Thanks, I'll definitely have to check those places out. I'm pretty familiar with Allagash.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jt5mioe.png

As always, @Dieter the Brock comes through with the Texas magnificence! It's perfect season for a nice tart saison, and Jester King always rocks my boat.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
epic-tart-n-juicy.jpg
Really digging the sours these days. Goses and others are really taking off now. This one is especially delish...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Jt5mioe.png

As always, @Dieter the Brock comes through with the Texas magnificence! It's perfect season for a nice tart saison, and Jester King always rocks my boat.

Lemme know what you think of the Last Stand beers - of course i drank your Smash IPA haha but the Coffee Porter and the Special release I think are rather fun