Back up offense lineman?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah - right now Williams is getting a lot of first team reps still. I’ve seen him on the right side as well though.

Noteboom will get his time though once training camp starts.Full lads might to the biggest difference.
MLucas is just a huge dude.

And my humblest apologies for starting a new thread....So let's get this thread to the top, again sorry @BonifayRam anyway Darrell Williams is still young and might have some upside, however, I don't think he can play RT. He's more of a natural LT and against the 49ers was not very good and that's being kind.

Williams has had his moments in Preseason, however, was out played by none other than Pace Murphy a few years ago...Cornelius Lucas showed very well at RT, so we shall see how he plays at LT, but @BonifayRam is correct, he did not show well in Detroit. Overall I still believe they will keep 2 tackles and could go with 10, however, if Lucas does not show well and Williams continues to struggle, they might try Demby at RT to see how he handles it for depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And my humblest apologies for starting a new thread....So let's get this thread to the top, again sorry @BonifayRam anyway Darrell Williams is still young and might have some upside, however, I don't think he can play RT. He's more of a natural LT and against the 49ers was not very good and that's being kind.

Williams has had his moments in Preseason, however, was out played by none other than Pace Murphy a few years ago...Cornelius Lucas showed very well at RT, so we shall see how he plays at LT, but @BonifayRam is correct, he did not show well in Detroit. Overall I still believe they will keep 2 tackles and could go with 10, however, if Lucas does not show well and Williams continues to struggle, they might try Demby at RT to see how he handles it for depth.

Wow - that is really thinking ahead ??

I don’t see it that way at all, & mainly on the believe Kromer seems to have with Williams.
Noteboom is the key!! I could see Noteboom even playing a little guard ? That is just going by how The Rams are practicing & how it seems Kromer is not afraid to think outside the box.

My biggest question is why is Williams eating up so many first team Reps ?

Noteboom is not really standing out.He might be also play a little guard ? Neary is getting a lot of LG reps. Demby has moved over to the RG spot. Inthink Noteboom might have taken a couple reps at RG but total guess right now.

Lucas is the wild card for me.He is being moved around & also was 1st team LT early.
Why he is still not there & Williams is getting those reps ?

This is just keeping an update. Training camp & pads have not even come out, so have at it.I do think Kromer is big on technique & teaching.

Coach your an excellent poster, I guess I just have a hard on with the O”line. So the Williams thing I continue to see different than most. To go back to Murphy, I believe Williams might have been hurt? Why Kromer kept Williams as the only Tackle reserve was scary, but says volumes in his believe(maybe in Brown,Saffold & Hav). I also think Williams is only 24 still ? That is very young for years of experience.

I’m not a big fan of Williams play, but just going off the organization thinking. Did not watch the Niners game.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

A thread is thread. Yours makes more sense now. This was more about how The Rams would fill there squad.

I like the draft & I think the back ups have another training camp to get better & prove themselves. It will be interesting how it all plays out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to come clean & straighten my crap up!!

Kromers is changing stuff up !! I think in the end things will work out in an excellent way.

Austin Blythe was getting first team Reps. It looks like Sullivan was not on the grass.

A different look today of

LT ?? Maybe Dunn ??
LG - Allen, C Eldrenkamp, RG - Kolone, RT- Demby !!

It’s 3rd team, but players need to cross train.You sort of can tell when players are cross training up a group though of there value. IMO

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't read to much into guys running with the ones. Kromer has to see what level they are all at. He has to make his list of "best to worst". He basicly can only see how good they are technique wise. Gotta wait til they put the pads on and make contact.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't read to much into guys running with the ones. Kromer has to see what level they are all at. He has to make his list of "best to worst". He basicly can only see how good they are technique wise. Gotta wait til they put the pads on and make contact.

This is how I see it. I would imagine that OTA's have a ton of confusion involved @ first ...to most all planned practices because of the amount of rookies & new players to the Rams family. I am also sure would try to get some element of smoothness injected into the fray & do that by placing in players who have been here like Williams & Blythe. I would not prefer to run my Whitworth's Saffold's & Sullivan's out there to get a ton of OTA reps......

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to come clean & straighten my crap up!!

Kromers is changing stuff up !! I think in the end things will work out in an excellent way.

Austin Blythe was getting first team Reps. It looks like Sullivan was not on the grass.

A different look today of

LT ?? Maybe Dunn ??
LG - Allen, C Eldrenkamp, RG - Kolone, RT- Demby !!

It’s 3rd team, but players need to cross train.You sort of can tell when players are cross training up a group though of there value. IMO

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m just throwing this all in a post for references.It will be all about the backup offensive lineman.
This might come up in 2021 as Andrew Whitworth is all about winning.Will see what the New OL brings to the table.-Carberry

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but what's the point of bumping threads from 3 years ago So Ram. Kind of fucking stupid tbh to have people read a bunch of outdated shit just so they can enjoy your 150 posts in this thread.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sorry but what's the point of bumping threads from 3 years ago So Ram. Kind of fucking stupid tbh to have people read a bunch of outdated shit just so they can enjoy your 150 posts in this thread.
Normally I would agree but I went back and read the original post from three years ago; and found it interesting. Well written, thoughtful and organized, with proper spacing plus good grammar and spelling.

So what the hell happened to So Ram?!?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
+1

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I’ll say why I bring up an old post like this for.

The Rams under Sean Mcvay has went a full circle in a sense .

We all know The Rams have a bunch of Free Agents from the Offensive Line in 2022 so this year more than most show’s the DEPTH of past years.
Now The Rams will have to start making hard choices in the future during & after the season.

My believe is Joesph Noteboom will earn a nice contract with The Rams.
I’ll put that on the record.He is more than likely LT of the future moving forward?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Normally I would agree but I went back and read the original post from three years ago; and found it interesting. Well written, thoughtful and organized, with proper spacing plus good grammar and spelling.

So what the hell happened to So Ram?!?

Life happens people change.I actually wish I could go back in time & be with the woman I’m in love now with.
—The cool thing is I’ll get her to be a Rams Fan & want to party with crazier Nephews all ex-military.
Right now you made me look it up.The LA MARATHON is NOVEMBER 7,2021. I’m 10#’s(25’ fat) over weight.
So if this post,I’m 50/50 on if I’ll run it. I think if the sisters get together on Cinco de Mayo & I cater to them I’ll make the announcement that I’m thinking about it. — Another words a Shout Out to the family I’m in if they are. —I’m a Free Spirit & The Rams have always been apart of my Life.
—Cheers

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll say why I bring up an old post like this for.

The Rams under Sean Mcvay has went a full circle in a sense .

We all know The Rams have a bunch of Free Agents from the Offensive Line in 2022 so this year more than most show’s the DEPTH of past years.
Now The Rams will have to start making hard choices in the future during & after the season.

I’ll put that on the record.He is more than likely LT of the future moving forward?
It’s more conducive to a good conversation to make a thread for a particular topic rather than trying to make a few all encompassing threads that span years and have hundreds of posts. We don’t want a singular offensive line thread a singular coaching thread a singular les Snead thread that we have to search through pages to even find out what’s going on and you seem to bump each of your threads daily whether or not they’re active. Which I mean you can do what you want just explaining why myself and other posters are reacting this way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He'll have to prove the ability to stay healthy, so if he can do that this year, I would agree.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s more conducive to a good conversation to make a thread for a particular topic rather than trying to make a few all encompassing threads that span years and have hundreds of posts. We don’t want a singular offensive line thread a singular coaching thread a singular les Snead thread that we have to search through pages to even find out what’s going on and you seem to bump each of your threads daily whether or not they’re active. Which I mean you can do what you want just explaining why myself and other posters are reacting this way.

Thanks for the sincere post.I get what your saying. The reason for this post heading into the draft is finding out what Ram Fans are saying about the Offensive Line.

I think the big picture is 2021 Offensive Line thread then.

If you start it,I’ll just add to it . That would be cool to look back from the start. We still don’t know what The Rams are thinking at Center ?