Austin Pettis..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
So far this year, Pettis is never even mentioned. Last year at this time he was getting more praises than the rest of the receiving corps combined. It seems the coaching staff really like Blake and TJ Moe. Moe might be able to go to the practice squad. I don't believe Blake is eligible w/out going through waivers. It would not surprise me one iota if the Rams try to showcase Pettis or Givens in search of a possible trade.

To be fair, I haven't heard much of anything about Moe or Blake either this offseason. Im pretty sure its us that keeps hyping Moe. But doesnt seem like Ive heard a single time where he made a great play or anything. Blake made a nice catch last week and a couple in practice. But I wouldnt say they're ahead of Pettis in the eyes of the coaches.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I know, I just meant he was in Philly for so long through Terrell Owens, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, etc but still remained as the reliable player.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And? You said Pettis wouldn't start for 31 other teams, and I said I heard the same thing said about Gibson when he was here. Gibson signed a pretty big free agent deal with the Dolphins almost immediately. How does some B/R writer's speculative article about his future there invalidate my opinion?
Really, I'll agree with you on this X, I was of the opinion if one of the wrs should go, it should be Danny A. I wanted Gibson to stay. Seems like he was trending up. But if he was cut, it would validate my opinion, that even a player better than Pettis has trouble sticking on a 53 man roster, much less considered a starter.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like Pettis better than Givens right now. He fits the mold of a possession receiver with his hands. Pretty much catches anything he gets his hands on. But he does have more limitations than others. His speed, or lack of, isn't as big a deal because he isn't expected to be a big play guy. But he does have difficulty separating from defenders. His cuts aren't very sharp because he seems to round them. If I had to choose between Pettis or Givens I would choose Pettis because of his ability to move the chains. I think they have a couple big play guys already. A possession receiver can find holes in the defense with all the attention to guys like Austin, Cook and Britt.

Ramathon

Didn't Givens prove him self his rookie year? If Quick or Britt open things up He can tear the top off of defenses like he did his rookie year. I would rather keep Givens if I had to pick 1.

IMO, Givens is the most overrated WR by Rams fans. If it weren't for that one outstanding streak of 50+ yd catches in 5 straight games, he would be fighting for a spot. And might be anyway.

At this point, I'd take Pettis over Givens any day.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I guess that would depend on who takes his spot. If someone takes his spot, and wastes it. I personally would miss Pettis.
I feel ya...38 catches for 400 yards..4 TD's & spot punt return duty..lets see....I'd rather Sam use Britt or Quick or Austin or Bailey with his targets...Just me...

reggae

To be fair, I haven't heard much of anything about Moe or Blake either this offseason. Im pretty sure its us that keeps hyping Moe. But doesnt seem like Ive heard a single time where he made a great play or anything. Blake made a nice catch last week and a couple in practice. But I wouldnt say they're ahead of Pettis in the eyes of the coaches.
Well, considering I'm not from Missouri. W ouldn't know the first thing about TJ Moe if I hadn't read it in camp reports. Ironically, it was Fisher's kid singing his praises.

Athos

Legend
Disappears way too often in games to be our most "reliable" guy. 8 games last year, 8 receptions.

Plays stiff and really isn't athletic. Britt and Quick living up to hype makes him completely and utterly irrelevant. Rather have Moe as a slot guy.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We're the youngest team in football and people keep wanting to replace young veterans who have shown they can be valued role players with unproven rookies. I don't understand it, we've struggled to get young WRs up to speed for 3-4 yrs, yet people think these ready-out-of-the-gate rookie WRs are just hanging around waiting to play. Sure, he runs a 4.3 and Pettis doesn't, but he's running a 4.3 in the wrong direction. He's holding in the run game, he's running for YAC before the ball's put away. I don't really want to watch that anymore. We have plenty of fast talent at WR, I want reliability out of the #4 WR. Right now, that's Pettis. There's a draft every year to rebuild if need be.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I really hope the Rams hold on to Pettis. He's good in the redzone and probably still has the best hands on the team. Problem is, can the Rams justify his salary as the #5 or 6 WR? If I'm not mistaken, he's set to make more in base salary than everyone, but Austin.