Around the League: State of the 2022 Detroit Lions - Will the team break through?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way Goff was playing at the end of the year with Brown as the Slot Receiver and Reynolds as the number 1, he was definitely on his way to turning things around.

But they still need a much better number 1 than Reynolds. Can the new guy be it? And once the Rookie is able to play, they might just have 4 decent receivers with a very good TE.

And their OL will hopefully be healthy this year.

Losing a very good LT and a pro bowl center will hurt any team.

I will definitely be rooting for them as my number 3 team - Rams first by overwhelming feelings, Buffalo second (wife's team) and then Detroit
Week One:
Go Bills! ~ Tano

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's about what I expect. But if that new QB is a draft pick then you're talking .500 ball at best for the next season. Seems to me like the head coach is feeling a bit more secure than he should be.

If Goff turns things around then he'll be good. But boy has he thrown himself at the mercy of his QB. Hope for his sake he gets the needed production at QB, it would make that division a lot more fun to watch.
Yeah I think Campbell has done a nice job but it’s a gamble to believe he’s the guy who can lead a team into elite success and win playoff games.

It wouldn’t be crazy if DET got better this season and bring in a new QB as well as bring in a vet HC depending upon who becomes available.

brucebruce

Rookie
many here are more optimistic about goff than i am. i cant even imagine how frustrating the rams' offense would be if he was still here.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I was on the Detroit Rams band wagon last year and as I’ve stated many times here, huge fan of Dan Campbell.

I like Holmes to and would love nothing more than seeing them do so damage in that division, stealing one or two from the Pack! Lol

Honestly, I called their wins last year, this year I see 6-7 wins and next year I really see some real movement being made with them if they continue to build correctly as they have been.

Tano

Legend
I was on the Detroit Rams band wagon last year and as I’ve stated many times here, huge fan of Dan Campbell.

I like Holmes to and would love nothing more than seeing them do so damage in that division, stealing one or two from the Pack! Lol

Honestly, I called their wins last year, this year I see 6-7 wins and next year I really see some real movement being made with them if they continue to build correctly as they have been.
I completely agree with you as long as they are patient with Dan

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm surprised the Lions bet on Goff like they did.

after the lions signed josh reynolds, yes josh reynolds, goff went 11 tds and 2 ints in his last 5 games for the lions.

the lions were 3 and 2 with goff as the starter during that period.

i didn't watch any games to see how he actually played but i'm guessing it was much better than the first 9 games of the season for them when they didn't win a game and had no wrs worth a damn. btw, he went 8 tds and 6 ints in the first 9 games.

this season he starts with chark, an up to speed st brown and josh reynolds. then jameson williams will be added to the mix when he's healthy enough to take the field.

now the lions can really judge goff's play. i'm betting they don't draft a qb next season.

Tano

Legend
after the lions signed josh reynolds, yes josh reynolds, goff went 11 tds and 2 ints in his last 5 games for the lions.

the lions were 3 and 2 with goff as the starter during that period.

i didn't watch any games to see how he actually played but i'm guessing it was much better than the first 9 games of the season for them when they didn't win a game and had no wrs worth a damn. btw, he went 8 tds and 6 ints in the first 9 games.

this season he starts with chark, an up to speed st brown and josh reynolds. then jameson williams will be added to the mix when he's healthy enough to take the field.

now the lions can really judge goff's play. i'm betting they don't draft a qb next season.

That's exactly what I wanted to say too

nighttrain

Legend
Also want to add that there were GMs out there that stated the Lions had one of the worst personnel that they had ever seen.
Lions roster had talent, just very young and inexperienced, especially early in the season.
train

Tano

Legend
Lions roster had talent, just very young and inexperienced, especially early in the season.
train
I agree but at the start of the season, it was one of the worst personnel because they didn't have that experience and it showed in the games

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is still a top 20-25 QB, and with the pieces they added Lions should have a pretty good offense. Defensively? They ham and egged it last year for sure, but this is what will make or break Detroit record.
Will be pulling for them for sure, pretty much any game they win could benefit the Rams

Tano

Legend
Goff is still a top 20-25 QB, and with the pieces they added Lions should have a pretty good offense. Defensively? They ham and egged it last year for sure, but this is what will make or break Detroit record.
Will be pulling for them for sure, pretty much any game they win could benefit the Rams
I would put him in the 15 - 20 range but otherwise I agree with you

Tano

Legend
at least top 15, going to the SB is worth that much
train
I have gone thru the QB list and there are quite a few that I would be saying

Well I wouldn't take him over Goff but then again I wouldn't want to trade him to get Goff - you're basically getting the same quality QB

Prescott - way too inconsistent
Tannehill - has accuracy issues
Cousins - can't win the bigger games
Carr - just not that impressed with him as other people

And Goff has pressure issues that he can't overcome without a good line

And Murray - I would take Goff over Murray because Murray is only an 8 game QB

I would take Murray the first 8 games and then Goff the rest of the year including playoffs

So you could put Goff in the top 15 as a tie with a lot of other QBs

nighttrain

Legend
I have gone thru the QB list and there are quite a few that I would be saying

And Goff has pressure issues that he can't overcome without a good line
if you look back with Sullivan at center JG was ok, stayed in the pocket and went thru his progressions, all changed with when we went to Blythe, he's a turnstile, and Goff was forced to move left or right as there was no pocket, and JG is a quintessential pocket passer. If you have doubts about my claim about Blythe look at clips of Cam Akers rookie year, and also observe that Coach McVay made sure that Stafford was not exposed by Blythe, he's gone to KC, where he's a non starter.
train