Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be brutally honest....you win----by scoring more points then the team you are playing.
And to be even more brutally honest as we saw with the Super Bowl you out score the opponent in todays NFL by keeping your QB clean and getting the other QB dirty. KC got their asses kicked hit Brady twice got 1 sack. Meanwhile Mahomes was hit 10 times and sacked 3. It's not a complicated formula.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think if you take a step back and look at the Rams and the other NFC heavyweights so far in FA....

Green Bay has lost 3 players including starting center, signed no one.

Tampa resigned Gronk & Barrett, added no one.

New Orleans lost their HOF QB to retirement, lost 5 other players.

Seattle is having QB drama, lost 3 guys including Griffin, added a CB

SF has resigned T.Williams, added Mack, Ekubam. Lost Bourne, Witherspoon and Thomas. They have questions at QB.

Its early and a lot of bad or middling teams have been very active per usual. Niners are doing nice things up front but we have gotten better at the most important position and retained our two best defensive FA's.

Rams, Bucs and Packers are still looking stacked to me. No reason to make a big splash really. No money either. lol.
R-E-L-A-X

Telling people to RELAX often elicits the opposite reaction.
Personally, I care little for what teams are up to outside my own division, winning the NFC WEST is what gets us to the play-offs. It's true that the Rams have done quite well by retaining Floyd & Williams, but it's also equally true that another dozen of our players may be lost to free agency. The Rams have improved at QB imo, although whether that alone is enough to get us over the hump of being a one and out during the play-offs again is certainly debatable. Sure, it's early in this pre-season process, but what may be most frustrating of all is just not knowing where we stand following all the restructures, and after essentially making Brockers a CAP casualty, we have at least temporarily ignored improving what many are concerned about as our worst hole in the OL.
I'm too old to sweat this crap, although i'm young enough at heart to appreciate why folks express a degree of displeasure when accurate news is delayed.
On this note, it's likely the Rams are far from done if they were honest about being 'all-in' on getting us to the next level, ... I can understand asking for patience, but telling us to RELAX, no, no, no, we are ROD, we are some of the biggest Rams fans in existence, and we don't relax unless we are holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm kinda with you guys on the Center position, BUT i will say(hopefully without starting a fire) that our QB play in the pocket hasn't been pretty for more than 2 years now. Was Sullivan really that good? Is Blythe really that bad? Idk.

I suspect that it won't take long for all of us to get our answers once Stafford gets in there. I know what i believe.

Sullivan was toast by seasons end. He was as bad as Blythe in the Super Bowl and against a few other teams near seasons end. It’s what happens with age

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'd be looking into the bargain bin of vet minimums or low contracts on the following players:

Blythe
Trent Murphy
Rex Burkhead
Matt Skura
Quinton Spain
Margus Hunt
Avery Williamson
Justin Houston
Dede Westbrook
Kpassagnon
Reiter (will cost us)
Devonta Freeman
Fackrell
Rudolph
Todd Davis
Alex anzalone

Just a few

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Telling people to RELAX often elicits the opposite reaction.
Personally, I care little for what teams are up to outside my own division, winning the NFC WEST is what gets us to the play-offs. It's true that the Rams have done quite well by retaining Floyd & Williams, but it's also equally true that another dozen of our players may be lost to free agency. The Rams have improved at QB imo, although whether that alone is enough to get us over the hump of being a one and out during the play-offs again is certainly debatable. Sure, it's early in this pre-season process, but what may be most frustrating of all is just not knowing where we stand following all the restructures, and after essentially making Brockers a CAP casualty, we have at least temporarily ignored improving what many are concerned about as our worst hole in the OL.
I'm too old to sweat this crap, although i'm young enough at heart to appreciate why folks express a degree of displeasure when accurate news is delayed.
On this note, it's likely the Rams are far from done if they were honest about being 'all-in' on getting us to the next level, ... I can understand asking for patience, but telling us to RELAX, no, no, no, we are ROD, we are some of the biggest Rams fans in existence, and we don't relax unless we are holding the Lombardi Trophy.
It's true that telling folks to calm down usually riles them up, and folks panicking usually elicits other folks to tell them to relax. Lol.

The Oline conversation is definitely a hot point. I don't think anyone really knows how bad or good it is because Goff's all-around game has regressed going back quite awhile. I happen to think that's a fact but whatever, rather not get into that here.

Cheers dude. One more thing though, one and done in the playoffs? Whats the definition of one and done? Getting in and losing first game is what i thought that meant. ?

By my definition the Rams haven't been one and done since McV's first year in '17.
My definition could be wrong. Anyone?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We'd love to sign every top free agent available. But that ain't happening. Our roster is in good enough shape where our top priority is keeping our best edge rusher. If we go into to the season as is, I think we're a pretty good team. We really don't need to get involved in the first signing frenzy. Sure seems to me most teams that make these multiple splash signings aren't as good as the teams who show restraint.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well the plan they had at C, ILB and EDGE opposite Floyd/Fowler the last 3 years hasn't work and still they don't aggressively pursue improving it.
Were you a fan before McVay and Snead? Because what they have done has worked WAY better than most of the 20 year prior to them taking over.

There were years where we didn’t sniff the playoffs and by game 6 we were looking forward to the next draft.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm not worried Colemen Shelton could be the man to take over the pivot this coming season.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I know every position can't be a sure thing. I also know there is no such thing as a perfect team. I also know though you can't trade for and older qb than what you had and not fortify certain positions to make sure his injury risk is minimised. Blythe does not cut it for me....again pressure up the middle and Havenstein being beat frequently by speed rushers makes for trouble and I don't mean like Goff trouble what's fair is fair any qb be with time is going to be better Goff had to deal with it too the difference and what scare me though is yes Stafford is way quicker read and react qb but he isn't gumby. It just takes one hit and seasons in trouble or done. I don't want to depend on maybes possiblies and hopefullies on a season where it's supposed to be Superbowl or bust.

I also want someone to pummel Deebo Samuel just saying!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I also want someone to pummel Deebo Samuel just saying!
Hill will probably leave in FA so yeah there is a good chance they scoop a corner. Slot types are cheap so FA is possible or they can draft it. You can get the good slot types a little later than the good outside the hash types.

dang

Legend
So all teams had to be under the cap by 1 pm PT. When the F will the Rams restructured contracts to get under the cap be posted. I want to see who got restructured and who did not.

LOURam85

Rookie
So all teams had to be under the cap by 1 pm PT. When the F will the Rams restructured contracts to get under the cap be posted. I want to see who got restructured and who did not.
They said coop ,woods, Donald, Ramsey,, and Whitworth, Brockers didn’t want to so he got traded

Ellard80

Legend
Kyle Rudolph would be nice.. but prob too pricey still.

we basically can only buy at the thrift shop atm.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to go on record as saying very rarely do these big free agent signings pan out, Whitworth is the exception not the rule.