Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, should really be interesting. New OL coach......(disagreement with old OL coach?).....I guess we'll see WHO was the one high on Blythe, Allen, Noteboom, Demby, etc.

This was where my thoughts went. The Rams held their cards on Hudson. They have other ideas in mind.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think if you take a step back and look at the Rams and the other NFC heavyweights so far in FA....

Green Bay has lost 3 players including starting center, signed no one.

Tampa resigned Gronk & Barrett, added no one.

New Orleans lost their HOF QB to retirement, lost 5 other players.

Seattle is having QB drama, lost 3 guys including Griffin, added a CB

SF has resigned T.Williams, added Mack, Ekubam. Lost Bourne, Witherspoon and Thomas. They have questions at QB.

Its early and a lot of bad or middling teams have been very active per usual. Niners are doing nice things up front but we have gotten better at the most important position and retained our two best defensive FA's.

Rams, Bucs and Packers are still looking stacked to me. No reason to make a big splash really. No money either. lol.
R-E-L-A-X

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think if you take a step back and look at the Rams and the other NFC heavyweights so far in FA....

SF has resigned T.Williams, added Mack, Ekubam. Lost Bourne, Witherspoon and Thomas. They have questions at QB.

Its early and a lot of bad or middling teams have been very active per usual. Niners are doing nice things up front but we have gotten better at the most important position and retained our two best defensive FA's.

Rams, Bucs and Packers are still looking stacked to me. No reason to make a big splash really. No money either. lol.
R-E-L-A-X

Is that you, Snead?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Is that you, Snead?
Hey! I actually have something to say. Snead talks but never says anything.

Fans want what they want, i get it, me included...but having and wanting a consistent winning team, pro bowlers all over the roster AND cap room to add more is simply unrealistic and myopic.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The Rams approach for the past four years has been unconventional but the results suggest it works. It baffles me that folks arent willing to give the benefit of the doubt to this FO more often.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Honestly, I know we can't get everyone.. but I'm getting pissed that players of need are slipping through our hands right into division foes.

And that's what pisses me off. The fact that we can't be aggressive and counter these moves.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
4 winning years into a regime that has delivered pretty much consistently and STILL the fans arent happy.

What do you guys want? A separate side pot for the Rams out with the salary cap?

Hudson cost the Cards a 3rd rounder. He is a 31 year old centre. Half the folks here would be tearing their hair out if we had made that move.

You win games in September, not in fucking March.

It’s just that there are two glaring needs and the biggest elephant in the room is Center. It’s frustrating to see the same turnstile year in and year out. Hopefully they finally address Center in the draft. It’s overdue. So I understand the frustration

Otherwise they’ve done great.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we were 7-9 last year after being 4-12 the previous two or three seasons then yeah...i'd be banging the table for better & more expensive toys right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Fans want what they want, i get it, me included...but having and wanting a consistent winning team, pro bowlers all over the roster AND cap room to add more is simply unrealistic and myopic.

This one felt doable. I do believe however the Rams see something and have a plan... evident they could have probably got Hudson if they wanted him.

I‘m in with you @ScotsRam to let these guys do their thing.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
This one felt doable. I do believe however the Rams see something and have a plan... evident they could have probably got Hudson if they wanted him.

Well the plan they had at C, ILB and EDGE opposite Floyd/Fowler the last 3 years hasn't work and still they don't aggressively pursue improving it.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Honestly, I know we can't get everyone.. but I'm getting pissed that players of need are slipping through our hands right into division foes.

And that's what pisses me off. The fact that we can't be aggressive and counter these moves.

As long as the Cards have Kyler Murray we have nothing to worry about. That dude has wheels and nothing else.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
As long as the Cards have Kyler Murray we have nothing to worry about. That dude has wheels and nothing else.
The dude throws a beautiful ball. Once they get things figured out around him, he's gonna ball.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It’s just that there are two glaring needs and the biggest elephant in the room is Center. It’s frustrating to see the same turnstile year in and year out. Hopefully they finally address Center in the draft. It’s overdue.
I'm kinda with you guys on the Center position, BUT i will say(hopefully without starting a fire) that our QB play in the pocket hasn't been pretty for more than 2 years now. Was Sullivan really that good? Is Blythe really that bad? Idk.

I suspect that it won't take long for all of us to get our answers once Stafford gets in there. I know what i believe.

nighttrain

Legend

I JUST DON'T WANT BLYTHE..........................................
train

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The dude throws a beautiful ball. Once they get things figured out around him, he's gonna ball.

You mean when the high school coach running the high school offense gets run out of town? And they need to realise they have to play D too. They're trying to catch up to us remember, not the other way round - they HAVE to be aggressive.

I guess I just dont feel the need to be worried at the moment. I feel we stack up well with anyone in the league and actually with the Hawks and Saints probably on the downward swing we should be quite content with where we are sitting.

If the biggest worry is we dont have a centre yet 6 months from opening day, I can live with that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I simply don't think they want to tie up valuable cap in a Center or a Guard. Same goes for ILB and Safety.

IMO they decided long ago where that money needs to be. QB, pass rush, CB and WR. Fans can disagree but i think that's really where they're at philosophy-wise.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

R-E-L-A-X
Add in keeping David and Godwin for Tampa. Probably bigger than the other two you listed. Rams according to most of us need to address the OL and in spite of retaining Floyd need more at LB.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
FIFY
Jokes aside you win this game by sacking their QB and preventing yours from being sacked. Looks like two of our division rivals get it, lets see what McVay does to help Stafford.

To be brutally honest....you win----by scoring more points then the team you are playing.