Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Looks like our CB depth might look something like this?? Hill has played nickel for us at times, no?? Though I could see Hill backing up the Peters spot and some combo of Shields/Webster backing up the other spot. Between Shields and Webster, we've got one functional corner there.

CB1 Peters/Shields
CB2 Talib/Webster
Slot Nickel-Robey?/Hill

jap

Legend
I love the talent but hate the attitudes that the Rams now have in the secondary. I hope these guys can keep their emotions in check and stay out of trouble. Please bring back NRC. He was the best of he bunch last year IMO.

Here's a thought: I bet Wade will task Aqib with mentoring young Marcus, who Wade probably regards as a young Aqib. Is there anything more sobering than having to guide a younger version of yourself?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Here's a thought: I bet Wade will task Aqib with mentoring young Marcus, who Wade probably regards as a young Aqib. Is there anything more sobering than having to guide a younger version of yourself?

Mentioned that in previous Peters thread when I made bold Talib trade prediction. Such an underrated benefit!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
For those that are concerned about MP and Talib being knuckleheads...

Both players are excitable, but they give it 100% on the field.

I get the impression that they sometimes lose composure because they care so much. They both love winning and hate losing. The Rams can work with that.

Much better than players that are druggies and schizo, you know? Wife beater types?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
For those that are concerned about MP and Talib being knuckleheads...

Both players are excitable, but they give it 100% on the field.

I get the impression that they sometimes lose composure because they care so much. They both love winning and hate losing. The Rams can work with that.

Much better than players that are druggies and schizo, you know? Wife beater types?
You have to have confidence to be a professional athlete and with that comes the alpha/arrogant personalities.

Both of these players on the same team will be great. I'm sure both of them think they're the #1 cb on the team and I can see them competing against each other to prove it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You could have just said Jeff fisher stench no need to drag us here in the Midwest into it

Your right , but hopefully it’s the end of a era .

—Gurley was a big piece of St. Louis & becoming rookie of the year. The torch is still lit.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Last off-season, McSnead recognised that the WR group needed an overhaul and went and did something about it, turning it into a strength in the process.

They obviously felt that the CB group this off-season, while not as weak to begin with talent-wise, needed a similar overhaul and they’ve only gone and done it again. And all before the start of the league year!

You have to love the decisive way in which this front office and coaching staff identify a weakness and are proactive in fixing it. It’s hard not to imagine CB being a strength in 2018 with Peters and now Talib.

I’d like to see NRC re-signed and for Troy Hill to still get plenty of snaps.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Also, paying Talib and Peters less than what Tru made on his own last year puts this into perspective for me.

On top of that, this now gives Donald even more time to get to the QB and he doesn’t need that much time anyway! It’s frightening how much these players could all make each other even more effective.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love it!!! Wanted this to happen so bad! Now re-sign NRC and boom, elite secondary!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Also, paying Talib and Peters less than what Tru made on his own last year puts this into perspective for me.

On top of that, this now gives Donald even more time to get to the QB and he doesn’t need that much time anyway! It’s frightening how much these players could all make each other even more effective.

This is such a big deal for opposing QBs - they can't just throw that ball in the air anymore, they'll have to hold onto it a second or two longer and thats enough time for AD to get to him...

Love it!!! Wanted this to happen so bad! Now re-sign NRC and boom, elite secondary!

Damn Talib, Peters and NRC would be a CB group of dreams... with backups including Shields & Webster - I think there is only one option for McVay, Phillips & Snead this year - and that's living the Lombardi.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Actually i have to give some props to the fisher and snead combo. The seeds were planted during fisher's tenure but he wasn't the man to take advantage. If nothing else the drafting of Donald, Gurley and Goff have provided an outstanding nucleus for a great team. A platform for the current regime to make the moves they're making. These players don't grow on trees. Props to them for taking the chance on them. Especially the bold trade for goff, a franchise saviour just about (When paired with a hc like mcvay).

So while there was no hope when fisher was coach, him and snead laid the platform for a better coach to come in and take advantage of having these 3 great players on the team.

fisher would be on the phone to Cortland finnegan trying to get him out of retirement

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think Webster will be on IR for most or possibly all of the season . The recovery time for Achilles tears is said to be at least a year. So Webster could be back in December at the earliest.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/rams-moves-have-done-trumaine-johnson-a-favor/

Rams’ moves have done Trumaine Johnson a favor
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2018

gettyimages-902017410-e1520605579613.jpg

Getty Images

Trumaine Johnson is entering free agency as the top cornerback available. His old team, the Rams, has made it clear that they’re moving on by trading for cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters, and signing cornerback Sam Shields.

That might seem like it’s a bad sign for Johnson, that the Rams are moving on. But by taking three cornerbacks off the market, they’ve actually done Johnson a favor.

Good cornerbacks are hard to come by in the NFL, and a good cornerback like Johnson is always going to make a lot of money in free agency. But if other cornerback-needy teams had acquired Talib, Peters or Shields, that might have made them less likely in entering the bidding war for Johnson.

With the Rams hoarding cornerbacks, there’s an even smaller supply for the rest of the league. The next-best cornerback on the board is Kyle Fuller, but he has the transition tag, which means the Bears can match any offer for him.

Teams that need a cornerback would likely rather make a big push for Johnson immediately than sign Fuller and then wait to see whether the Bears match the offer. After Fuller, the next-best cornerback available is Malcolm Butler, but after the Patriots benched him in the Super Bowl for reasons that remain unclear, teams may hesitate to make him a big-money offer as well.

The bottom line is that Johnson is by far the best option among the available cornerbacks, and the Rams have taken away three potential fallback options for any team that doesn’t get Johnson. That means multiple teams will want to make Johnson a very rich man — a good position for Johnson to be in when free agency opens next week.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971924759985512449