Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
@thirteen28
Yeah, lot of smokers here, but numbers seemed to have lessened...i think.
A lot of restaurants are non-smoking, same with cafes and bars.
Some adopted smoking areas and smoking rooms.
Smoking on the streets is punishable by a fine, unless in a designated area.

I dont smoke myself, but it does seem better than a few years ago.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not gonna lie: I cried over this video, over how heartwarming it is. Check it out for yourselves:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
@thirteen28
Yeah, lot of smokers here, but numbers seemed to have lessened...i think.
A lot of restaurants are non-smoking, same with cafes and bars.
Some adopted smoking areas and smoking rooms.
Smoking on the streets is punishable by a fine, unless in a designated area.

I dont smoke myself, but it does seem better than a few years ago.

Thanks for the update - stay safe!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Cheers, man.

Whiskey as a treatment for Coronavirus? Now there’s a solution we all can agree on.

As usual, you bring up many (aggravating) points which I probably can’t resist responding to. Moving forward, I’ll probably PM you from here on out, since our exchanges seem to be lengthy and I’d rather not *completely* hijack this thread.

Yeah, remind me to get u that article about S Korea, very interesting to see them successful while using a different approach.

In the meantime... keep it cordial, motherfucker!:D

Go Rams

Maybe if we meet up at a ROD get-together we'll tip a whisky.

To you and all the others I've debated here, as vigorous and heated as it got sometimes, it's nothing personal, just a difference of opinion. Stay safe and peace out on this one, for now anyways ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
Okay my girlfriend and I arrived in lovely Tucson last week. Just in Time for the state shut down preventing us from getting a place to live. So we're staying with my brother and nephew in their lovely house South of Tucson. Definitely possibilities when things turn around as there's a brand new development going up across the street with houses starting about $220,000 for a 3-bedroom 1400 square foot home and new homes going up right next door to my brother which are twice the the size and start a $350,000. Okay enough of that part. Onto what this posting is all about.

I have always believed and still do that although this is an extremely serious pandemic that it was certainly a manageable one if handled competently. But the evening of our arrival in Tucson while unpacking the car I witnessed and example of why this thing has gotten totally out of control. The people who live in this neighborhood are a mixture of professionals and military. Standing in the middle of the street talking in close proximity i.e. not practicing social distancing, where a group of six or seven neighbors. Among them were 3 military and four nurses. What were they talking about? The Governor had just ordered basically a shutdown of the state. Yet these people were planning a block party. I was dumbfounded of all people the nurses should know better. The American public has not been able to wrap their heads around this situation and do what is necessary which is to exercise self-control and common sense. These people were all in their thirties and forties they were not teenagers, they should know better but they don't. So with parents like these is it no wonder that the idiot kids are partying on the beach?

There is no question in my mind that this whole situation has been exacerbated by a lack of political leadership and personal responsibility on the part of individuals. What's so striking is that these people live in beautiful homes with adequate money to provide for the necessities. They will have jobs to go back to. What is so hard about sitting in your own backyard drinking iced coffee like we are, while listening to good music and taking in the beautiful weather?
So when it proves out that the death rate is below 1%....which has already started, how will you feel then?
The anti body testing in Germany and now in So Cal are pointing to this very strongly.
This should be expanded and confirmed.
Will a manipulated press report it?
Will soft headed people accept it?
People love being a afraid and manipulated.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even if the death rate is confirmed at 1%, my wife and my mother have significant health issues that would significantly increase their risk.
I wouldn't want to roll a 99 sided dice on their lives ending in the next few months, that has nothing to do with me being "softheaded" or in love with being manipulated or a sheeple or any of that stupid shit.
It seems the desire to jump right back in the viral pool is purely political and is split down party lines due to party messaging.
I think that's pretty lame.

If some European countries are handling this outbreak much better than us, I don't care about their leaders "agendas", I want to know why ours isn't as successful and what we can learn from them.

The live production industry (concerts/festivals/events) was the first hit and will be the last to recover. It's the only work I know, only career I have ever had. I want this nonsense over as much as anyone, more than most, but not before its safer for my family or others. And it needs to be cureable or vaccinated for... not just "worked around" or live shows and sporting events simply won't be able to recover before the risk is much less than it is now.

Just venting. I hate this virus, I hate the 2 parties, I hate this administration, but I love my country, love my fellow Americans, even all the stupid ones, except 9er fans, and I love my Ram-Fam. Take care of yourselves!

fearsomefour

Legend
Even if the death rate is confirmed at 1%, my wife and my mother have significant health issues that would significantly increase their risk.
I wouldn't want to roll a 99 sided dice on their lives ending in the next few months, that has nothing to do with me being "softheaded" or in love with being manipulated or a sheeple or any of that stupid shit.
It seems the desire to jump right back in the viral pool is purely political and is split down party lines due to party messaging.
I think that's pretty lame.

If some European countries are handling this outbreak much better than us, I don't care about their leaders "agendas", I want to know why ours isn't as successful and what we can learn from them.

The live production industry (concerts/festivals/events) was the first hit and will be the last to recover. It's the only work I know, only career I have ever had. I want this nonsense over as much as anyone, more than most, but not before its safer for my family or others. And it needs to be cureable or vaccinated for... not just "worked around" or live shows and sporting events simply won't be able to recover before the risk is much less than it is now.

Just venting. I hate this virus, I hate the 2 parties, I hate this administration, but I love my country, love my fellow Americans, even all the stupid ones, except 9er fans, and I love my Ram-Fam. Take care of yourselves!
Common sense should apply in all things.
That is what I was posting about.
Individual risk was not ever questioned.
But individual risk has very little to do with shutting down the economy.
One would be a fool to not take precautions, esp if someone is at risk.
But, that is nothing different really?
Is it?
If someone is compromised medically they should be taking a lot of these risks during flu/pneumonia season anyway.
To not do so would be foolish.
My mother has COPD.
She takes most of these precautions during flu season already.
I think she already had this late last year. Spent a day and a half on a ventilator and recovered.
As for live events if it is proven out to be a very low death rate things should progress as normal.
Buyer beware.
If you are susceptible to illness or respiratory disease, stay home or take precautions.
The idea that everything stops forever for this is diluted in my opinion.
No government is really prepared for something like this because it can come from different places at different times. We (the US) have not had to deal with widespread disease for decades. It used to be a fact of life up into the 1950s. So governments and organizations are always relatively unprepared. This magnifies with size and distance. I don’t think the response has perfect by any means but it wasn’t terrible.
The most vile response to me has been the fear mongering press, as always, foaming at the mouth for dead bodies.
Impacts can vary region to region as well of course.
Where I live hospital beds reached 50% capacity at the peak with more cases of regular ol pneumonia than Covid.
Other places, obviously, it’s much worse.
It’s always a fallacy to apply individual cases to a general issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.