Anyone into the AFFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Arizona Wranglers had Greg Landry at QB I think

Landry Quarterbacked the Arizona Wranglers in 1984 to the USFL Championship Game at 38 years of age and after the Philadelphia Starts defeated the Wranglers 23-3 I remember stating to some of my Air Force Comrades, he played like he was 38. Even with the USFL George Herbert Allen came up short.

FWIW the game in 84 I was in basic training at the time and a bunch of us watched the game in the Day Room and yes @LoyalRam us fly boys had it made even in basic training.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did you see the KFC commercial that was making fun of Neymar?

Hilarious stuff!
No I haven’t. We don’t watch much regular TV so I hardly ever see the latest commercials. It seems to happen weekly that someone asks me if I’ve seen some commercial. I feel so out of the loop.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Landry Quarterbacked the Arizona Wranglers in 1984 to the USFL Championship Game at 38 years of age and after the Philadelphia Starts defeated the Wranglers 23-3 I remember stating to some of my Air Force Comrades, he played like he was 38. Even with the USFL George Herbert Allen came up short.

FWIW the game in 84 I was in basic training at the time and a bunch of us watched the game in the Day Room and yes @LoyalRam us fly boys had it made even in basic training.
WHAT THE FREAK IS A DAY ROOM IN BASIC TRAINING! :fuelfire::wtf::redcard:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
WHAT THE FREAK IS A DAY ROOM IN BASIC TRAINING! :fuelfire::wtf::redcard:

It's where we went to mediate. They had upgraded Lackland AFB back then with new basic training dormitories, in which, they were five or six floors and every floor included bunks, latrine, showers and meeting room (day room)...Very much different from the older barracks that were just one floor sleeping quarters with latrines, they still had them and utilized them, but guess I was fortunate to be in the upgraded facility.

Keep in mind this was 1984 so you have to factor that in, but we did have a day room with a television, which occasionally they would let us watch and in this case the DI's did. Also during our 8 weeks of basic, we were given weekend passes, in which, I watched a minor baseball game as the San Antonio team was a Los Angeles Dodger affiliate.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's where we went to mediate. They had upgraded Lackland AFB back then with new basic training dormitories, in which, they were five or six floors and every floor included bunks, latrine, showers and meeting room (day room)...Very much different from the older barracks that were just sleeping quarters with latrines.

Keep in mind this was 1984 so you have to factor that in, but we did have a day room with a television, which occasionally they would let us watch and in this case the DI's did. Also during our 8 weeks of basic, we were given weekend passes, in which, I watched a minor baseball game as the San Antonio team was a Los Angeles Dodger affiliate.
:headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion:

It was in 1983 at Recruit Training Center-Great Lakes, IL....We had snow outside between January and March, below zero weather OFTEN. I spent service week chipping ice for only 15 minutes at a time, because it was 20 below zero consistently that week. We had open bay barracks and heat was optional, and heads (showers & shitters)

"Don't LET SHARKS BITE YOUR @SS! _Phillipino Company Commode during a specific swimming exercise.

We watched the Super Bowl with a rolled in rabbit eared TV because we didn't fukk up too much that week, and Burger King. Best tasting Whopper in HISTORY! Otherwise, there was no leave, are you kidding me?

They didn't pay you for that summer camp, did they?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They didn't pay you for that summer camp, did they?

Actually we did get paid, keep in mind, it was very hot, so running 6 miles a day in the humid Texas weather was a challenge, but being in Texas, then Mississippi to technical training and closing out at Jump School in Oklahoma, I never dealt with Ice or snow, but I guess it did get me ready for being in a desert on horse with no name.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually we did get paid, keep in mind, it was very hot, so running 6 miles a day in the humid Texas weather was a challenge, but being in Texas, then Mississippi to technical training and closing out at Jump School in Oklahoma, I never dealt with Ice or snow, but I guess it did get me ready for being in a desert on horse with no name.
I'm sure they had crushed ice and tents every half mile of that 6 mile run...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they at least make you run in formation for those six miles? BTW...our cushy RTC and NTC was built in 1911.....haha!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they at least make you run in formation for those six miles? BTW...our cushy RTC and NTC was built in 1911.....haha!
The .45 was a new fangled gun in 1911..lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Den, no joke, non-military people don't know what its like to adjust your stride in just marching (especially if you are short or tall), let alone running in formation...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den, no joke, non-military people don't know what its like to adjust your stride in just marching (especially if you are short or tall), let alone running in formation...

So true,plus my one leg was slightly (very slight) shorter than the other so I had to adjust so not giving the appearance of bouncing while marching, running was much easier.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So true,plus my one leg was slightly (very slight) shorter than the other so I had to adjust so not giving the appearance of bouncing while marching, running was much easier.
I was a short bastid, and got a boondocker in my @ss if I screwed up in stride...lol

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
It's where we went to mediate. They had upgraded Lackland AFB back then with new basic training dormitories, in which, they were five or six floors and every floor included bunks, latrine, showers and meeting room (day room)...Very much different from the older barracks that were just one floor sleeping quarters with latrines, they still had them and utilized them, but guess I was fortunate to be in the upgraded facility.

Wow! I got screwed. Lackland, June, July 1984. Old barracks. 25 beds each side. Communal showers. One big meeting room. No chairs, tables or TV's.

Middle of the night, 0230, week 2. Some guys starts screaming about a rat. "look at the size of that F**king Rat!" 10 of us up with flashlights looking for this rat. The guy screams it again. Bastard was sound asleep having a dream about rats.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I'm intrigued, and freakin' desperate for football.....I mean, for a football that isn't round and is only kicked around...:fuelfire:
I have a recording of each W and pretty much know the games by heart. At least there were 11 wins last year to chose from. The best game hands down was the game in Seattle. Sending all those bitches to the exits by halftime is a bucket list occasion. :ROFLMAO::rolllaugh::rimshot: