Another Bradford Article!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Personally I am really tired of hearing about Sam's potential, and all the BS surrounding the haters as well as the rabid Bradford underwear sniffers. Best thing about this upcoming season is we're going to know if Sam can get it done. If he struggles or cannot stay healthy, Fisher's steadfast support will wither quickly.

So hopefully we'll see him kill it and get rewarded with a big contract. If not, he's just another guy who didn't live up to his potential in this league. No big story there, as there are more of them than there are those who do live up to their potential. In that event the Rams will be able to draft another QB who will be set up with an ideal situation to succeed.
Except there AREN'T ANY "rabid Bradford underwear sniffers". There just aren't.

There are those who look only at the TEAM'S record and decide that Bradford as an individual must suck, and those who look at the situation as a whole before assigning blame.

One doesn't have to be an "underwear sniffer" to understand that we haven't historically given Bradford what ANY QB would need to succeed.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
If Russell Wilson can get to the playoffs, none to mention a super bowl, then Sam can.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Personally I am really tired of hearing about Sam's potential, and all the BS surrounding the haters as well as the rabid Bradford underwear sniffers. Best thing about this upcoming season is we're going to know if Sam can get it done. If he struggles or cannot stay healthy, Fisher's steadfast support will wither quickly.

So hopefully we'll see him kill it and get rewarded with a big contract. If not, he's just another guy who didn't live up to his potential in this league. No big story there, as there are more of them than there are those who do live up to their potential. In that event the Rams will be able to draft another QB who will be set up with an ideal situation to succeed.
Or they just keep him and sign him to a contract that reflects his performance.

It's that simple to me, who's better that's available and at what cost? Is that cost justified? Then replace him, if not improve the team in other ways.

Once they have the rest of the team mostly in place, and I don't think they do right now, a newly drafted or traded QB inherits a great team.

But this team isn't great yet. Our secondary is inexperienced and our wide receivers are a question mark.

ED_29

I should probably state that at no point in this conversation was I in a tizzy. Probably comfortably on my couch having a normal everyday football conversation. I disagree with you.
So happens I think it's happened at least 3,787 times in my life. You are just 3,786. So not to worry :rolleyes:

Ok fair enough! :censored:

ED_29

A tizzy? lol.

What would be the point of talking about Flacco's playoff achievements if the purpose of the article is to show that both Flacco and Bradford had nearly identical numbers during the regular 16-game season when you isolate them as QBs? Bradford doesn't have to play in a playoff game for the article to convey its points. It's not saying one is better than the other on the whole. It's just an article demonstrating that team strength, SOS, and other variables are helpful in even getting to the next level. Maybe you just took it too personal because it didn't say Bradford is a poor-man's Flacco? I dunno. But it seems you're making a mountain out of this particular mole-hill.

Tizzy, lather, worked up.... I probably said that given the amount of attention my dissenting opinion of the article attracted. In any case I thought I was very clear on why the comparison doesn't work. I mean the only reason the writer makes the comparison is because Flacco and the Ravens won the SB right? So therefore it seem pretty vacuous IMO to talk about the seasons being similar and leave off the fact that Flacco was killer in both the 2011 and 2012 playoffs.

I mean in the 2012 playoffs alone he had the following QB ratings:

Vs. Colts - 125.6
@ Denver - 116.2
@ NE - 106.3
vs. 49ers - 124.2

Sorry X we just don't agree on this but... IMO the article comes up short

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry X we just don't agree on this but... IMO the article comes up short
Well this aggression will not stand, man.

014.jpg

ED_29

I wish I knew how to post pictures using this freaking iPad. Lol. I'm too lazy to grab my laptop out of the car lmao!

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well this aggression will not stand, man.

014.jpg

"Ahhhhh fu ck it..."

On a side note, the writer was at a 1000 word limit. That was as much depth that could be permitted due to length restrictions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 Please take care of this arguement over Bradford please

Which argument am I taking care of? :LOL:

What Flacco did in those playoff runs is impressive. What Eli did in both Giants SB Championships is impressive. Lets see Sam get the Rams to the playoffs before we make the comparison let along actually beat the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, or Colts shall we? Can we just see that first?

Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. Mark Sanchez's career playoff QB Rating is higher than Tom Brady's. Are we not allowed to say Bradford is better than Sanchez or Dilfer?

Bradford hasn't been to the playoffs, none of us know how he'd do. What we can ACTUALLY compare is Flacco and Bradford based on what they've done on the field. And when you look at the past two years, Bradford has been the better QB.

And to make matters worse, Flacco looked DREADFUL with the type of supporting cast in 2013 that Bradford has had throughout his career.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
show me.... Wilson has done it. When Sam does I will be elated

No, Wilson hasn't done it. The SEAHAWKS did it. This is a team sport. You really think if Bradford were on the 49ers or Seahawks, they wouldn't be in the playoffs? Come on now. Teams win and teams lose.

ED_29

No, Wilson hasn't done it. The SEAHAWKS did it. This is a team sport. You really think if Bradford were on the 49ers or Seahawks, they wouldn't be in the playoffs? Come on now. Teams win and teams lose.

I don't get this. You're a good poster Jrry.... I really enjoy reading you but I'm not sure how you can make this argument. The Seahawks don't do it without Wilson. Rookie QBs don't just come in and have 100+ QB ratings in back to back years, throw 26 tds each season, and lead their teams to the divisional playoffs their first year and SB win the next season. I also suspect that if Wilson was Bradford your not making that argument.

Everyone knows it's a team sport but we disagree strongly on this. Russell Wilson on 4th and goal in the NFC Champ threw the game winning TD sending his team to the SB. The guy makes plays and clutch ones. He has thrown an nfl record 52 tds in his fist two seasons. No one has ever done that. Not Manning, not Warner, it's never been done.... And we know how explosive the Hawks passing game is with those great WRs :whistle: I won't even mention that great oline lol.

So no I'm not at all certain that Bradford leads the Hawks to the playoffs. Most of you complained about the Rams oline protection and their line was the 14th ranked pass blocking line in the NFL. Exactly what would he do is Seattle behind the NFLs worst line and WRs no better than the Rams?

Sorry dude

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever changed their opinion on Bradford based on a debate on the internet?
I doubt it!!!!! When he takes the Rams to the playoffs the doubters will say it was something else! Like it's a team sport or something! :sneaky: