Another Bradford Article!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ED_29

0MYGMcd.gif
don't hurt yourself :whistle:

ED_29

Don't forget the influence of Jim Caldwell
true although he was not there when the Ravens made their 2011 run... should have beaten the Pats in the AFC Championship game but the WR dropped the winning td in the closing seconds thrown by Flacco

ED_29

Oh yeah, Flacco and his 73.1 QB Rating are just completely untouchable. o_O
What Flacco did in those playoff runs is impressive. What Eli did in both Giants SB Championships is impressive. Lets see Sam get the Rams to the playoffs before we make the comparison let along actually beat the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, or Colts shall we? Can we just see that first?

FRO

Legend
Funny how Flacco got bad without Bolden and Pitta and how Brady didn't post great numbers when Gronk was out. Almost makes me think supporting casts have a hand in QB production, but I watch ESPN so I know differently.

ED_29

Funny how Flacco got bad without Bolden and Pitta and how Brady didn't post great numbers when Gronk was out. Almost makes me think supporting casts have a hand in QB production, but I watch ESPN so I know differently.
No its not funny... its relevant. However, just don't assume that Bradford does what Flacco did ...thats all.

Also Tom Brady passed for over 4,300+ yards and 25tds... throwing to 0 receivers. Remember the article Bernie wrote about Brady experiecing what Bradford experienced with his bad receivers? The problem with the analogy is that Brady was still very productive even without good WRs and without Gronk and Hernandez. He lead his team to a 12-4 record and the AFC Championship game.

Just stop comparing Bradford to to QBs that have been difference makers and lead their teams to playoff victories and SB wins. When he does what they have done then great. I'm anxious to see it... but IMO it seems crazy to compare him to those QBs when he hasn't come close to their accomplishments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
No its not funny... its relevant. However, just don't assume that Bradford does what Flacco did ...thats all.

Also Tom Brady passed for over 4,300+ yards and 25tds... throwing to 0 receivers. Remember the article Bernie wrote about Brady experiecing what Bradford experienced with his bad receivers? The problem with the analogy is that Brady was still very production even without good WRs and without Gronk and Hernandez. He lead his team to a 12-4 record and the AFC Championship game.

Just stop comparing Bradford to to QBs that have been difference makers and lead their teams to playoff victories and SB wins. When he does what they have done then great. I'm anxious to see it... but IMO it seems crazy to compare him to those QBs when he hasn't come close to their accomplishments.
I think using Bernie to prove one's point violates Godwin's Law now... ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Why even go here... IMO Sam is not nor has he ever played at Flacco's level. Flacco two years running was just killer in the playoffs when it counted the most. It can be argued that in 2011 the Ravens should have been in the SB but for the WR that dropped the winning TD that was right on the money in the closing munutes again the Patriots. Also in the 2012 playoffs he was on fire. He beat the 11-5 Colts, and then the Broncos and Patriots on the road and the cherry on top was leading the Ravens over the favored 49ers in the SB. Putting up 34 points on them. In fact during the Ravens playoff run it was Flacco and their passing game not their defense or run game that lead the way. When Sam does that then lets compare him to Flacco.

He didn't drop it, it was stripped. And some people, me among them, think it should have been a TD because the WR caught the ball, then came down with both feet. The play should have been over right there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may not be the biggest Bradford supporter here, but I wouldnt trade Bradford for Flacco straight up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I may not be the biggest Bradford supporter here, but I wouldnt trade Bradford for Flacco straight up.
I wouldn't either mainly though because I think the connection between what we want to do on offense and Bradford should be completely ingrained,I think this team is going to be basically what we did with Clemmons last year with Sams arm to reach the guys intermediate to deep that were there but Clemmons had to wind up and throw with all he had and still couldn't get it there. Sam stood on the sidelines all that time last year absorbing the potential that offense left on the field ,add in Tre Mason ,some better run blocking and it would be IMO a mistake to have anyone but Sam out there.

FRO

Legend
With Gronk
TD-13
INT- 5
Yards- 2,205
Comp %- 64
YPA-7.7

Projected over 16 games
TD- 30
INT- 11
Yards- 5,040

Without Gronk
TD- 12
INT- 6
Yards- 2138
Comp%- 64
YPA- 6.2

Projected over 16 games
TD- 21
INT- 11
Yards- 3,801

This proves my point 100%. Bradford has his best supporting cast in 2013, was in the same offense back to back years, and his numbers were pretty good and he looked solid. That being said he support cast wasn't great. I would say average to below average. The only concern I have with Sam is injury history. Sam has talent, works hard, gets along with teammates. Once the support cast gets better, and it most certainly has, you will see more production. Even the elites struggle with bad support casts. We will see how Newton does this year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What Flacco did in those playoff runs is impressive. What Eli did in both Giants SB Championships is impressive. Lets see Sam get the Rams to the playoffs before we make the comparison let along actually beat the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, or Colts shall we? Can we just see that first?

How about the Rams let the Rams get into the playoffs. There were a myriad of problems that went beyond QB.

Those teams you mentioned were complete. Had good defense and good offense plus health.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Ok sure you can make that argument but that's not what happened. Also I think its a huge leap that Bradford would do what Flacco did in either of those playoff runs in 2011 or 2012. I mean what did Ray Rice do in those playoff runs? What about the Ravens defense? What Phil Simms did in those Giants playoff runs and Flacco and Brady did pre Welker and Moss we should not assume that Bradford would do with the same teams... when he has yet to establish that he is that kind of competitor.

I'm not assuming anything. You are assuming because Joe Flacco had one good postseason (which I'm not arguing) that he is a better QB. But what I and others have said in this thread is that statistically Bradford has had equal #'s in the regular season and I don't think you would argue he has had less to work with?

None of us know what Bradford would or wouldn't do if given the opportunity in the playoffs. But I have a feeling we're going to find out soon.

ED_29

I'm not assuming anything. You are assuming because Joe Flacco had one good postseason (which I'm not arguing) that he is a better QB. But what I and others have said in this thread is that statistically Bradford has had equal #'s in the regular season and I don't think you would argue he has had less to work with?

None of us know what Bradford would or wouldn't do if given the opportunity in the playoffs. But I have a feeling we're going to find out soon.
I never said you assumed I said the writer does that. Some of you get worked up into a tizzy over this stuff. I think the writer does a disservice to Flacco and Bradford for narrowly focussing on regular season stats and not the impressive playoff record and stats of Flacco in both 2011 and 2012.

Period...when Sam shows he can do that then we say it not before. And I know this if Sam was Flacco and the. Rams were the Ravens not one of us would stand for the comparison without Flacco having put in that kind of work

nighttrain

Legend
Why even go here... IMO Sam is not nor has he ever played at Flacco's level. Flacco two years running was just killer in the playoffs when it counted the most. It can be argued that in 2011 the Ravens should have been in the SB but for the WR that dropped the winning TD that was right on the money in the closing munutes again the Patriots. Also in the 2012 playoffs he was on fire. He beat the 11-5 Colts, and then the Broncos and Patriots on the road and the cherry on top was leading the Ravens over the favored 49ers in the SB. Putting up 34 points on them. In fact during the Ravens playoff run it was Flacco and their passing game not their defense or run game that lead the way. When Sam does that then lets compare him to Flacco.
because it's a team game, and before last season we had a lousy OL & undependable receivers
train

nighttrain

Legend
I wouldn't either mainly though because I think the connection between what we want to do on offense and Bradford should be completely ingrained,I think this team is going to be basically what we did with Clemmons last year with Sams arm to reach the guys intermediate to deep that were there but Clemmons had to wind up and throw with all he had and still couldn't get it there. Sam stood on the sidelines all that time last year absorbing the potential that offense left on the field ,add in Tre Mason ,some better run blocking and it would be IMO a mistake to have anyone but Sam out there.
agreed Thor, you got it
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I never said you assumed I said the writer does that. Some of you get worked up into a tizzy over this stuff. I think the writer does a disservice to Flacco and Bradford for narrowly focussing on regular season stats and not the impressive playoff record and stats of Flacco in both 2011 and 2012.

Period...when Sam shows he can do that then we say it not before. And I know this if Sam was Flacco and the. Rams were the Ravens not one of us would stand for the comparison without Flacco having put in that kind of work
A tizzy? lol.

What would be the point of talking about Flacco's playoff achievements if the purpose of the article is to show that both Flacco and Bradford had nearly identical numbers during the regular 16-game season when you isolate them as QBs? Bradford doesn't have to play in a playoff game for the article to convey its points. It's not saying one is better than the other on the whole. It's just an article demonstrating that team strength, SOS, and other variables are helpful in even getting to the next level. Maybe you just took it too personal because it didn't say Bradford is a poor-man's Flacco? I dunno. But it seems you're making a mountain out of this particular mole-hill.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I am really tired of hearing about Sam's potential, and all the BS surrounding the haters as well as the rabid Bradford underwear sniffers. Best thing about this upcoming season is we're going to know if Sam can get it done. If he struggles or cannot stay healthy, Fisher's steadfast support will wither quickly.

So hopefully we'll see him kill it and get rewarded with a big contract. If not, he's just another guy who didn't live up to his potential in this league. No big story there, as there are more of them than there are those who do live up to their potential. In that event the Rams will be able to draft another QB who will be set up with an ideal situation to succeed.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I should probably state that at no point in this conversation was I in a tizzy. Probably comfortably on my couch having a normal everyday football conversation. I disagree with you.
So happens I think it's happened at least 3,787 times in my life. You are just 3,786. So not to worry :rolleyes: