An Update From Buffalo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whenever we play the Patriots they will have Tom Brady back...

You're not actually under the impression Brady wouldn't have made a significant difference in that game are you ?

Oh, woe-is-you. We've played Tom Brady 2 times a year since 2001. We've played him 22 times while you've only had to play him at most 4 times. The AFC East has the least amount of playoff teams in the NFL because of Brady. We all understand his importance. No one said he didn't matter. However, the team was 3-0 in his absence and was balling out on defense.

You just don't win at Gillette, it doesn't happen.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have, we've played the Jets, Cardinals (although seemingly having down years), and Patriots (whose defense has destroyed teams before us - they shut out Houston, crushed Miami, and handled the Cardinals). Our Offense is one built on misdirections and creative run style plays. If you don't hold contain, its going to be a long day. If you blitz at us, our RBs will make a TON of catches.

Interested to see your defense.
After the way Rob Ryan Coached in New Orleans and Dallas, I wouldn't be afraid of his "D" at all!
And the Coliseum, can get Really, Really Load! the "New L.A. Fans" have already proven it!
But, we are still working on perfecting our Tailgate Party!:D It should be a Full-Go by the time your "Buffalo-Hot-Wings" get to town!!(y);):D

He what up Kev? Welcome to ROD! I enjoy hearing from fans of other teams and sorry for the certain kool aid drinking homer to rake you over the coals! lol

My best friend is a life long Bills fan and we been talking about this game last night at his house and hes hesitant to say anything positive towards a win but TBH I've been confident over our 4 games this year but I expect a let down this week TBH. We historically don't play well out our NFC West and get blown out after big wins with Fisher. However this year could prove to be otherwise with us winning 3 in a row and first time since 2006 and the feel of this young team is they are starting to believe which is a powerful thing.

I'm pretty familiar with your team ala my best friend so I see this game matching up pretty well but thinking we lose somewhere like 17-10 or 24-13 ish. In particular I'm relieved Watkins is out for the game but very worried about shady running and catching the ball and historically we don't handle good, versatile backs that well especially at key moments. If you guys get the lead on us 10+ points early I see that as the ballgame with your D vs. our O.

As far attendance so far in LA we had like 110k+ vs Dallas in the preseason and 91k+ when I went to LA vs. the seagulls and it was loud as crap! there was quite a few Hawks fan in the stadium ( 15-20k maybe?) so it was a bit noisy when we were one O but don't expect that many Bills fans to be in attendance this Sunday. It will be loud and with the Collesium being over packed will be deafening once again. It'll be hot, sunny, and hostile.

My question is how will Tyrod react in that type of enviroment... I know you guys go to Miami to play but I don't picture Miami being that hostile and across the country like LA will be. I'm very curious to see how Fisher and OC play this game since I been absolutely livid about their predictable Madden 98 play calling.

He'll handle it. Although we don't go as far as LA, traveling to Miami every year from Buffalo is no joke, but fortunately for all us, their fans suck. There is more Bills fans in that stadium every year. Miami is like a free home game that players love, especially with the weather. Tyrod actually plays pretty well on the road, remember he played a TON of big games at VT, that's not his kryptonite. He actually might struggle a bit more at home with our outdoor stadium and brutal winds.

This is a completely different game in Buffalo in Nov/Dec, so I hope you know that. Actually, one in which Tyrod could struggle more in. Just because we are more used to elements, doesn't mean that players can play in them. We are good for 4-5 terrible condition weather games a year.

I'm actually very interested in this West Coast litmus test.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Hello All,

I hope your transition to LA has been ok for your fan base. We know first hand how that could have gone. Luckily, we had a billionaire invest a ton of money into our sports/city.

As you know, we shut out the Patriots on the road, the first team since 1993 to do so.

This is after totally dismantling the Cardinals on every phase. The Bills are clicking on all cylinders and are getting healthy. We get Marcell Dareus and Seantrel Henderson (6th OL/swing tackle) back against the Rams.

Our only injuries heading into the game are Sammy Watkins (IR), Reggie Ragland our second round pick (IR), and first round pick Shaq Lawson (back week 7). We expect the entirety of our roster to play except those three.

Outside of the Thursday Night explosion by the Jets (played their super bowl as Rex as tauanted Ryan Fitzpatrick for like 10 years), we have only allowed 10.6 points per game, and those three opponents are 7-5 (with two of those loses being from us).

Rex will ALWAYS play well against inexperienced or low level starting QBs. Case Keenum has to perform. The Bills will always be top 8 in stopping the run, so they better have a game plan outside of just Todd Gurley. we didn't have any problems with David Johnson, outside of some garbage time production.

If there is anything I can answer about the team, fire at me. I know we only play at each others places every 8 years.

Enjoy watching Tyrod Taylor / LeSean McCoy in person. They both make awe-inspiring cuts/jukes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Ct3ER6TWAAAiKjF.mp4
Congrats on beating the Cheaters.

After the way Rob Ryan Coached in New Orleans and Dallas, I wouldn't be afraid of his "D" at all!
And the Coliseum, can get Really, Really Load! the "New L.A. Fans" have already proven it!
But, we are still working on perfecting our Tailgate Party!:D It should be a Full-Go by the time your "Buffalo-Hot-Wings" get to town!!(y);):D

The Defense has nothing to do with Rob Ryan. He coaches our LBs. He helps with communication.

This is Rex Ryan and Dennis Thurman's defense.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, woe-is-you. We've played Tom Brady 2 times a year since 2001. We've played him 22 times while you've only had to play him at most 4 times. The AFC East has the least amount of playoff teams in the NFL because of Brady. We all understand his importance. No one said he didn't matter. However, the team was 3-0 in his absence and was balling out on defense.

You just don't win at Gillette, it doesn't happen.
You're the one who brought up us playing bRady now you're trying to flip it on me for responding lol...

Either way you leading your statement with we just shut out the patriots on the road the first team since 1993 to do so is a very mis leading statement. While true it doesn't paint the whole picture. A HUGE resonan you were able to accomplish this is because of Bradys absence not because your team is so overwhelmingly good they were able to accomplish some amazing feat. In fact you faced their 3rd string qb. Pointing out he already won 1 game is irrelevant .

My original post was addressing the fact that you intentionaly used a misleading fact to paint a skewed picture and that you seem to be all aboard the kool-aid train as far as your team goes. You're happy you are having early success...cool. but reading through your original post you would think the bills are superior to most teams in every facet of the game. I don't think that's close to true. I don't think you're more than a middle of the pack at best team with a sometimes dominant D.

Now that being said I expect you guys to beat the rams. Not because you're So.dominant. Rather because we just aren't that good.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@KevinBuffalo
Welcome. Your input and fandom is welcome here, just as long as your able and willing to take a little friendly abuse in addition to X's and O's discussion. :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Defense has nothing to do with Rob Ryan. He coaches our LBs. He helps with communication.

This is Rex Ryan and Dennis Thurman's defense.
Correct me IF I'm wrong, But prior to the Ryan's coming to Buffalo, the Bill's where a sack-happy lot, #1 in sacks, the year before Ryan came to town! Then they went down hill fast!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
We have 13 total team sacks, good for third in the NFL, which is almost double what the Rams have. I'd give the Bills the pass rushing advantage.

I suspect you might be in for a big surprise then. The Rams always start slow on D but their pass rush is fantastic.

When Buffalo is on offense = Not concerned. They'll get yards on us. Most teams do. It's about points. I doubt they'll be completely prepared to face a defense as aggressive, fast AND physical as they'll see in LA.

Sounds to me they aren't aware of what the Rams can bring to the game.

Last edited:

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I think the Bills are going to be a big challenge up front. But the Bills haven't faced a defensive front like the Rams this year. Richie Incognito is good but he's no match for Donald. If Quinn is 100% or close to it he's going to cause some problems on passing downs. It's important to keep Shady in check, especially since Watkins is out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats tough. I've actually watched 3 of your 4 games (SF/ARI/SEA), as well as hard knocks.

I think our team is better today without bias, and would have no problem at New Era Field in Buffalo. However, with us traveling to LA, the Rams playing well, It's going to be a good one.

I have the Bills winning 20-13, with a ST/DEF td for us (we have 2).

Though, I would not be shocked at a flipped result. We get SF at home following you, and I know the Bills are hoping to stack 4 in a row.

You're a Bills fan. You can't claim without bias. You're naturally biased. I'm naturally biased for the Rams. Truth is that these are two pretty evenly matched teams. Game could go either ways (regardless of whether it's at LA or Buffalo).

The thing none of us know is which team will come out prepared and energized. Rex and Fisher both have a tendency to come out flat after a big win over a division rival.

We've only turned the ball of twice in 4 games, and 1 of those being a ridiculous 1 handed interception out of bounds on a punt type of 3rd down play against Patrick Peterson. Tyrod has only thrown 8 picks in his 18 games. Hopefully for your sake it doesn't come down to that.

Though if we happen to turn the ball over, It will be VERY hard for us to overcome it. We don't have Andrew Luck back there waiting to be down 17 like he is every single game.

We're #9 in the NFL in interceptions and #1 in the NFL in fumbles recovered (tied for #2 in fumbles forced). Hopefully, for your sake, it doesn't come down to that. ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When Buffalo is on offense = Not concerned. They'll get yards on us. Most teams do. It's about points. I doubt they'll be completely prepared to face a defense as aggressive, fast AND physical as they'll see in LA. They face a tough D in practice every week but that's practice. Doesn't mean squat.
I'll ask the question i do every week....Who's the backup QB in Buffalo?

When Buffalo is on defense = a challenge. They'll get after Keenum, get physical with our receivers and probably try to force the Rams into giving up on the run.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
When Buffalo is on offense = Not concerned. They'll get yards on us. Most teams do. It's about points. I doubt they'll be completely prepared to face a defense as aggressive, fast AND physical as they'll see in LA. They face a tough D in practice every week but that's practice. Doesn't mean squat.
I'll ask the question i do every week....Who's the backup QB in Buffalo?

When Buffalo is on defense = a challenge. They'll get after Keenum, get physical with our receivers and probably try to force the Rams into giving up on the run.
EJ Manuel

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
As many have stated, the teams are very similar. But I think the difference in the game will be, you guys just played your "super bowl" last week. And while it's true our team has the same tendencies of let down after defeating a rival, getting back to a very loud and boistrious LA won't allow that "normal" dropoff to happen. Either way, it won't be a pretty game, it will be a smack you in the mouth type. And these days, that's the only way we can play.
But Good Luck going forward.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
EJ Manuel
200.gif

EJ better start warming up.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never knew Buffalo football was that big. I grew up in NY but never really been up there. I thought they just had a lot of cows.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
This dude is on here to rattle some cages and I'm not interested in his condescending tone.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This dude is on here to rattle some cages and I'm not interested in his condescending tone.

Agree @GcBean Trolling other Teams boards for attention is a turn off.... Of course the Bills have a chance to win and both teams are playing well right now..

Bottom line though.... dude should go seek attention from his fellow Bills fans on their own board.

This is ROD HOME OF THE RAMS which means act like a guest without the condescending remarks. Even if they are instigated by Rams fans here, this dude is a privileged guest and condescending remarks should not be tolerated imo...

________________________________ROD "HOME OF THE"
NoeNavarro1.png.27e3116a499ecee5bcbdb3ee8b002a03.png

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
In the last three games the Bills have given up 100 rushing yards on average and Rams have given up 90. Rams allowed 16 points and Bills allowed 18.3. Bills allowed 22 first downs, Rams allowed 24.3. Bills have passed 213.3 yards and rams have passed 216.3. Bills have allowed over 30 less passing yards per game than the Rams, but as we all know, Fisher doesn't care about yards, he cares about points, so our style of defense skews those numbers.

Where the Bills shine is rushing yards. 142.7 to 80.7. That's a big deal. They need to get Gurley and Tavon going but, as Rams fans, we know what they're capable of. You can't keep those two contained forever IF the coaching makes the necessary changes to unleash them.

This is going to be a brawl.

Last edited: