Alliance of American Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big fan of this and was a big fan of what I saw at the weekend.

Let’s get the Fleet under our wing.
Especially since we have a Rams radio station in San Diego. Let’s link up!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Looks like the Steelers are buying in to the AAF. I guess it's up to whatever individual teams want.

It's probably more along the lines of "yeah we're cutting 'em, but we'll let you talk to 'em first."

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...ffiliates-for-the-birmingham-iron-of-the-aaf/
The explanation looked more like it was how the AAF treats the players than how the AAF interacts with the NFL. It basically said that players don't get a choice about their team unless they didn't pay college ball near an AAF team and never posted on the NFL. Otherwise they get assigned, their term not mine, to an AAF team based on the college or NFL they played for.

If the Steelers cut a guy they can't control who the guy talks to. But the AAF can say that since the player just left the Steelers he can only talk to the Iron until they pass on him.

Ram65

Legend
Surprise by all the excitement. I think it's a great idea and should help some players make it to the NFL. This article states they will get 250K for 3 years. Health insurance too. Good money for short season. Also, get some education stipend to any player who completes a year in the league.

Watched some of Martz' team. Not real good football but, it's early. It's nice that pro football in in cities that don't currently have the NFL. Prices should be good for families. The NFL is really getting crazy with game day costs. I hope it does well. I'll watch some now and then.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...an-football-players-get-3-year-250k-contracts

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everywhere I read in St Louis is that they don't want another NFL team....So don't think so.
Not true. The land for the stadium that was going to get built is still empty waiting on another team what StLouis has been saying is that when we do get another team it has to be a deal that’s good for the nfl and the city. Stan was paying the city 25k a year and he got almost all concessions and tickets from the dome from every game and very other venue that happened in the dome and he was only paying 1 dollar a month in rent for the Rams park in earth city.

nighttrain

Legend
Not true. The land for the stadium that was going to get built is still empty waiting on another team what StLouis has been saying is that when we do get another team it has to be a deal that’s good for the nfl and the city. Stan was paying the city 25k a year and he got almost all concessions and tickets from the dome from every game and very other venue that happened in the dome and he was only paying 1 dollar a month in rent for the Rams park in earth city.
Stan inherited sweetheart deal from the crown witch(Geogia)
train

Are dual contracts allowed?

For example, could we sign Luiz Perez back to a NFL contract. Hopefully he would never play for us but could be a big part of training camp, practices and be active on game day as our backup.

Due the lack of game time you would expect him still to be fresh enough to play in the AAF and gain experience and playing time there.

Only negative I could see would be lack of practice with the AAF team as the end of the NFL season and start of the AAF season is so close.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know more than I do about recent conversation about that land, but I distinctly remember rising opposition from non-football people back in 2015 about resources going for a stadium. No matter that out of towners were going to pay a really high tax on hotel rooms, if memory serves, to go toward construction. I said nothing about the deal Stan Kroenke had, because you and I both know he didn't care about the deal he was getting for the dome. Being good for the city would mean a large NFL owner buy in, correct? There is nothing wrong with that, and I would agree to the same if I was a St Louis resident. I hope St Louis gets an NFL team again if they truly want one, but you are the first I have heard say that since the relocation deal went down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are dual contracts allowed?

For example, could we sign Luiz Perez back to a NFL contract. Hopefully he would never play for us but could be a big part of training camp, practices and be active on game day as our backup.

Due the lack of game time you would expect him still to be fresh enough to play in the AAF and gain experience and playing time there.

Only negative I could see would be lack of practice with the AAF team as the end of the NFL season and start of the AAF season is so close.
Interesting to see what Josh Johnson does. He was “drafted” by the Fleet as the 1st QB. But after signing with the Skins, he didn’t sign with the Fleet. Sounds like he can still join them if he wants but also could wait out free agency. Not sure what the rules are if an NFL team wants to sign a current AAF player.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...turns-to-aff-after-redskins-season/ar-BBRsTyO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting to see what Josh Johnson does. He was “drafted” by the Fleet as the 1st QB. But after signing with the Skins, he didn’t sign with the Fleet. Sounds like he can still join them if he wants but also could wait out free agency. Not sure what the rules are if an NFL team wants to sign a current AAF player.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...turns-to-aff-after-redskins-season/ar-BBRsTyO
I heard that AAF players are signed for three year deals, to prevent talent from going to the new XFL next year, and the only exception is if the player is taken by an NFL team. Since the AAF plays during the NFL offseason, there would be little conflict of going from one league to the next.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard that AAF players are signed for three year deals, to prevent talent from going to the new XFL next year, and the only exception is if the player is taken by an NFL team. Since the AAF plays during the NFL offseason, there would be little conflict of going from one league to the next.
That’s understood, the question was whether they could be signed by both NFL and AAF. Could an nfl team sign a player right now to a futures contract, and let them still play in the AAF
As for the 3 year deals, not sure if they are guaranteed either.

Q729

Legend
That’s understood, the question was whether they could be signed by both NFL and AAF. Could an nfl team sign a player right now to a futures contract, and let them still play in the AAF
As for the 3 year deals, not sure if they are guaranteed either.
The only issue I see is whether or not the NFL team would want their player to be subject to injury. I mean if they have no issue with it, I see nothing different than allocating to NFL Europe. C'mon, NFL. Just sanction it and put NFL team patches on uniforms already.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only issue I see is whether or not the NFL team would want their player to be subject to injury. I mean if they have no issue with it, I see nothing different than allocating to NFL Europe. C'mon, NFL. Just sanction it and put NFL team patches on uniforms already.
An NFL futures contract was what I referred to, its merely an invitation to camp, a chance to make the 90. Surely a player on any type of an active/guaranteed contract wouldn't be eligible

Q729

Legend
Those Memphis unis don't look half bad. I like how Billick said Hackenberg was "betrayed". lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those Memphis unis don't look half bad. I like how Billick said Hackenberg was "betrayed". lol
I don't know man...I'm not a huge fan of metallic, non glossy helmets/unis...Gives me flashbacks to our old blah gold accents. I like glossy yellow and royal blue!

Q729

Legend
I like the color combination. I'm with you, though. I prefer gloss to matte finish.