Alaric Jackson suspended 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus fuck. Still hoping we get a fast start in the standings this year but there is always some bullshit isn't there.

jjab360

Legend
Isn't this extremely strange that the reason isn't already public knowledge? If it was an arrest, there would be public record and we would know. If it was drugs/PEDs/gambling they would just say that was the reason. If it was something small, it would likely be handled internally.

What the heck is going on here???

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Correct on Boom’s defects but we were rescued by Jackson who has looked bonified just not at a probowl level. It’s a blow but far from reviverablev
retrievable :) yes I was smashed when I typed that but it didn’t help when the battery died lol

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The thing with OL injuries is it seems to have a domino effect; players try to overcompensate from plays getting blown up. I think fewer injuries occur when plays go as scripted.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Isn't this extremely strange that the reason isn't already public knowledge? If it was an arrest, there would be public record and we would know. If it was drugs/PEDs/gambling they would just say that was the reason. If it was something small, it would likely be handled internally.

What the heck is going on here???
A minor gambling incident?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm really curious as to what it was. Going back to Iowa, he was always a great kid and person. I can't see it being anything domestic related.

Looks like at least one, and I believe a few others got suspended for this stuff yesterday too in the NFL.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Two games means it is probably not a serious infraction. It is strange that the infraction has not been explained. Makes me wonder if he violated some obscure NFL PC policy.

If Boom plays well enough maybe he holds onto the LT the spot (at least until he gets hurt again). Boom is a FA next year, so he is playing for his next contract. If Boom somehow starts the full year at LT and finally lives up to the Rams original aspirations that is a good thing. If that happens they may decide extend him instead of Jackson.

It opens up a temporary roster spot for sure. AJ Arcuri or Dedich may now have spot on the OL for at least the first two games or the Rams decide to stash another position on the roster for the fist two games to protect them from getting poached.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
how could the rams whiff on securing a left tackle when they knew it was a need. I have to assume the team knew about his issues and chose to go with the we can fix him routine. or they were blindsided. see what I did there? Go rams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
how could the rams whiff on securing a left tackle when they knew it was a need. I have to assume the team knew about his issues and chose to go with the we can fix him routine. or they were blindsided. see what I did there? Go rams.
I don’t know.

Jackson started 15 games at LT last season, on a playoff team that was 8th best in scoring offense.

He was relatively cheap to retain under a second round restricted free agent tender offer; and the Rams re-worked Noteboom’s contract to keep him around as the backup LT.

Not sure they could have done much better. At #19 in Round One, the top-rated OTs still on the board were Troy Fautanu, Jordan Morgan and Tyler Guyton. If the Rams had selected one, no Jared Verse. If they had moved up, no Verse and no Braden Fiske.

Don’t know that Free Agency offered a clear improvement; and then there is the cost and cap implications.

As far as Jackson’s ‘issues’, we don’t know what they are.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I concur here, Jackson missed a game last year because of personal reasons, however, when Jackson has played and has played well. Overall, it is an opportunity for Noteboom and Boom needs to showcase he can hold up as Boom's biggest issue has always been reliability.

A.J. Arcuri has been solid in preseason and now offers depth at that position. Again, it is an opportunity for Noteboom as the Rams will have to make a decision at LT next season.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Not a boom fan. He’s made of glass and he’s soft. Poor technique. Flashbacks to week one against Von Miller couple years back and he got destroyed on a bull rush 1-1 with poor footwork. And he had 60 pounds and length on Miller. Soft.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not a boom fan. He’s made of glass and he’s soft.

I don't know man ... Mr. Glass was one Bad-Ass Mother-F'er in Unbreakable.

1724514280171.png

Tano

Legend
I don’t know.

Jackson started 15 games at LT last season, on a playoff team that was 8th best in scoring offense.

He was relatively cheap to retain under a second round restricted free agent tender offer; and the Rams re-worked Noteboom’s contract to keep him around as the backup LT.

Not sure they could have done much better. At #19 in Round One, the top-rated OTs still on the board were Troy Fautanu, Jordan Morgan and Tyler Guyton. If the Rams had selected one, no Jared Verse. If they had moved up, no Verse and no Braden Fiske.

Don’t know that Free Agency offered a clear improvement; and then there is the cost and cap implications.

I would go OT hard next year in the 1st round. Trade up if they have to.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not a boom fan. He’s made of glass and he’s soft. Poor technique. Flashbacks to week one against Von Miller couple years back and he got destroyed on a bull rush 1-1 with poor footwork. And he had 60 pounds and length on Miller. Soft.
Yeah this Detroit game has a reasonable chance to be the same thing because they have some power off that edge.

Hopefully Boom kicks ass. But if not there's a good chance we're 1-1 going into shitter week which is not that bad IF we have AJ back and he's ready to go. Beat those fucks and we're ahead of them in the standings if we're 2-1.

I do have hope that our defense is good enough to make week one a hideous defensive struggle. If that happens then of course I like our chances to be 2-0. And I'm not overlooking Arizona, either, I think they'll be tougher this year but I do think we have a strong chance to win week two.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
With what I saw in preseason if the starters can play together like the 2nd string tried to do which was due to our great coaching staff then I believe we can win against Detroit with the run, pass. Karty might get an important opportunity or 2. Lots of pieces to fit together Go rams!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The lions’ hutchinson has been an excellent player since he arrived. He’s entering his prime now. He’s gonna be a problem for every OT assigned to him this season. Regardless of who starts at the OT spots for the Rams, I would not be at all surprised if they struggle with him. Neutralizing hutchinson is gonna be a challenge I hope the Rams’ OL can meet.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Jesus fuck. Still hoping we get a fast start in the standings this year but there is always some bullshit isn't there.
I am hoping for the same because the Rams don’t have the luxury they had last year with a schedule backloaded with conference/division games. Five straight conference/division games. Theoretically, if the Rams went 5-0, they could endure a slump at some point and still make the playoffs playing .500 ball.

As much as I want that win opening night, the next two games are more important, IMO.

This is not the year to go in limping.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I can see the Rams going with a lot more heavy (12 personnel) in the first 2 games. Then again, that is only if McVay can bring himself to do it.....he loves that 11P so much, haha...