Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams could, understandably, run it back with the group they have.
Depth at tackle… experienced backup center.. and a young swing guy.. plus guys on PS.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Jackson can be on the field, every game, he'd solve the LT "problem"
Ergo, *ifs and buts*

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Jackson can be on the field, every game, he'd solve the LT "problem"
Ergo, *ifs and buts*
Missed... one game for injury? Or was it two?
Second miss was the personal thing?

Looked like he solved it *well enough* this season.. and will still be a relative bargain next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Missed... one game for injury? Or was it two?
Second miss was the personal thing?

Looked like he solved it *well enough* this season.. and will still be a relative bargain next year.
Missed a bunch in '22 as well
I'm all in on the guy, he's our OLT as far as I'm concerned. Doesnt mean there isnt a shroud of doubt about his availability though

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Missed a bunch in '22 as well
I'm all in on the guy, he's our OLT as far as I'm concerned. Doesnt mean there isnt a shroud of doubt about his availability though
Wasn’t injured, had a medical condition that’s treatable. I think there’s a significant difference.

I agree that depth is critical.. they have the luxury of keeping Boom if they want.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn’t injured, had a medical condition that’s treatable. I think there’s a significant difference.

I agree that depth is critical.. they have the luxury of keeping Boom if they want.
I didnt say he was injured, I said he missed time
Working hard to find an argument here? Jesus
When given opportunity, he missed time, its a fact. But as said repeatedly, if he doesnt miss time, he's our OLT

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Boom needs to be moved, if nothing else he is hurt all the time and is making too much money.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think Jackson is the LT next year. He’s not perfect but he’s young and solid. They can focus elsewhere and use their top picks on CB/EDGE/DL

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't really remember a game where Jackson really struggled too badly with anyone. He should get better being that next year is his third season...? So with that said, if they can restructure boom that's great but I don't really think they move him if he doesn't, while they're paying him a ton of money to ride the bench he is serviceable at every spot on the Oline except center. So it creates a lot of flexibility on Sundays active roster. Additionally they don't save much by cutting him and creates a lot of dead money and the vacant spot for a proven backup. I dunno, it's a tough call.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I bet they would have to restructure ... if he wants to remain a Ram
You’d think.
But my point is that it’s a situation under their control.. they don’t have to bring someone in. Not the best financial fit.. but quality depth.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The 1st round is lousy up and down with tackle talent. And by lousy I mean amazing. And by amazing I mean outstanding.

I guess the good thing is that all that talent will push other guys down the board. I suspect 5-7 tackle prospects could go in the 1st.

I'm loathe to lose Dotson but there's a world (chances prob aren't high) where we don't pay him, draft a pretty damn good tackle in the 1st and have them and AJ battle it out with the loser taking an interior position ala this years TC battle between AJ and Boom.

We also may end up with a white cornerback this year... #Dejeanwatch2024

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Boom needs to be moved, if nothing else he is hurt all the time and is making too much money.
He is a great resource though as a back up to fill in anywhere. Yes, if he starts he eventually gets hurt, but if you need him for a week or two, here and there, you don't lose much. And that's important when you consider how important it is to keep Stafford healthy.

I am just not sold on McClendon. He is small for a OT and just not sure he can be counted on in that same emergency role just yet. Also not sure you want to count on a rookie who is drafted outside the top 50 performing that same role as well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The 1st round is lousy up and down with tackle talent. And by lousy I mean amazing. And by amazing I mean outstanding.

I guess the good thing is that all that talent will push other guys down the board. I suspect 5-7 tackle prospects could go in the 1st.

I'm loathe to lose Dotson but there's a world (chances prob aren't high) where we don't pay him, draft a pretty damn good tackle in the 1st and have them and AJ battle it out with the loser taking an interior position ala this years TC battle between AJ and Boom.

We also may end up with a white cornerback this year... #Dejeanwatch2024
I would have a hard time passing on Amarius Mims.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Hello ? This is Alaric Jackson’s 3rd season.As a UDRFA doesn’t he become a FA after the 3rd season as well ?

Don’t know what his value on the open market will be ?
He'll be an RFA in.... Over the Cap has his 2023 Valuation @ 7.3 Million
Not sure you were asking in general or asking if the original poster knew...

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I’ve read it’s possible. Is that wrong? Because.. yes, that’s my assumption. Wouldn’t, otherwise.
I just read another Scouting report from PFN and they state he has played both sides.
I am only concerned with the injury history and lack of starts, 8 only?
At this point, I would be more confident with Jordan Morgan from Arizona.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I would have a hard time passing on Amarius Mims.
Durability, not a lot of starts. Size and measurements. I don't know man. I'm sure he'll be there for us though.

Maybe you take him, start him inside (bye bye Dotson) and let him develop in there.