Adrian Peterson Arrested.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
This doesn't help but I lost my engagement over a chosen abortion by her. She went off to the party life after that and a few months later met a guy that not only got her pregnant in less than 3 months but also smacked her in the face. I only found out by her mother. Guy had a great job and a 5 year old son no prior record. Her family adored me. Even the good guys get a bad rap or outcome being moral almost like the bad guy. I am not saying anything toward AP just know I went thru very challenging times that pushed me to alcoholism for the first time in my life. . Fuck, I never yelled at my ex or raised my voice. The same would apply to a child, or nephew. Sorry if I offended anyone or was too personal. I'm a strong man now and overcame a lot which at the time during or after could have made me SNAP if I chose so. Nah not me not cool at all. Breathe life inhale....exhale.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
This doesn't help but I lost my engagement over a chosen abortion by her. She went off to the party life after that and a few months later met a guy that not only got her pregnant in less than 3 months but also smacked her in the face. I only found out by her mother. Guy had a great job and a 5 year old son no prior record. Her family adored me. Even the good guys get a bad rap or outcome being moral almost like the bad guy. I am not saying anything toward AP just know I went thru very challenging times that pushed me to alcoholism for the first time in my life. . freak, I never yelled at my ex or raised my voice. The same would apply to a child, or nephew. Sorry if I offended anyone or was too personal. I'm a strong man now and overcame a lot which at the time during or after could have made me SNAP if I chose so. Nah not me not cool at all. Breathe life inhale....exhale.
Sorry you went through that brother,you are a strong man my prayers to you

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
In todays world a parent can't use a switch to discipline their children. When I grew up my Mom used a switch on me many times. Mom would have me go out to one of the trees in the back yard and get a switch and then spank me with it. It HURT and left marks. But I never did whatever I did to get the switch again. I'm not condoning it but am passing along my experience with getting switched. One time I brought her a switch about 12" long that wouldn't have hurt a flea, man was that a mistake.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
In todays world a parent can't use a switch to discipline their children. When I grew up my Mom used a switch on me many times. Mom would have me go out to one of the trees in the back yard and get a switch and then spank me with it. It HURT and left marks. But I never did whatever I did to get the switch again. I'm not condoning it but am passing along my experience with getting switched. One time I brought her a switch about 12" long that wouldn't have hurt a flea, man was that a mistake.

Why did you go get it for her?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My mom used a belt. I remember one time she told me to go get one and I found the flimsiest, lightest belt in her closet and acted like it was heavy when I was bringing it over to her. I think I was like 6 years old, and it was the worst acting job ever. But she found it hilarious and I got off Scott-free. That's when I learned that humor can get you out of almost anything.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
My mom used a belt. I remember one time she told me to go get one and I found the flimsiest, lightest belt in her closet and acted like it was heavy when I was bringing it over to her. I think I was like 6 years old, and it was the worst acting job ever. But she found it hilarious and I got off Scott-free. That's when I learned that humor can get you out of almost anything.

Yeah I recall my mom trying to whip me one time and I ran in a circle as she held my hand trying to whip me...she started laughing and let me off with a warning.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah I recall my mom trying to whip me one time and I ran in a circle as she held my hand trying to whip me...she started laughing and let me off with a warning.
See? There was also one time I was supposed to get a swat in the ass, but I ran away from her and into a sliding glass door. Full vertical faceplant and onto my ass. I assume she left the room to laugh, because the punishment never came.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This doesn't help but I lost my engagement over a chosen abortion by her. She went off to the party life after that and a few months later met a guy that not only got her pregnant in less than 3 months but also smacked her in the face. I only found out by her mother. Guy had a great job and a 5 year old son no prior record. Her family adored me. Even the good guys get a bad rap or outcome being moral almost like the bad guy. I am not saying anything toward AP just know I went thru very challenging times that pushed me to alcoholism for the first time in my life. . freak, I never yelled at my ex or raised my voice. The same would apply to a child, or nephew. Sorry if I offended anyone or was too personal. I'm a strong man now and overcame a lot which at the time during or after could have made me SNAP if I chose so. Nah not me not cool at all. Breathe life inhale....exhale.

I lost an engagement with very similar circumstances as you about 20 years ago. It sucks, but I have a great wife and 2 amazing kids now. Wouldn't change a thing now. Stay cool your day will come if hasn't already.

iced

lol man i'm pretty sure if you had southern parents like i did you had a few meets with the switch (I know i did!)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My dad rarely spanked me. He only handled the big issues. I had to have done something big. Like egg the ass hole neighbors house.
My mom would use a hot wheel race track. The flexible rubber ones. My brother and I were pretty good at not listening to parents directions at times.
It's times like those that I wish I'd just egged the neighbors house. .That thing hurt

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
This is turning into a more light-hearted , "What did you get smacked with as a child?" thread. Me likey.
Being of Hispanic descent... I got the good old trusty sandal (chancla) on occasion. I also got the belt one or two times. You ever try to "block" it? And that just pisses Mom/Dad off even more? But then you fake that it still really hurt so you don't get hit again?

LOL. Good times.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
My grandma was from Southern Georgia and I met the switch whenever I talked in church. What is acceptable depends strongly on where you are from and how you are raised. Spanking your children should not be an outlawed practice if it is gone about in the correct manner. From the looks of the photographs, AP may have been excessive in his discipline of such a small child but I don't believe the outlier is a fair reflection of the method as a whole. More sensitive cultured people might struggle to agree but I do believe that there is a humane, productive way to carry this out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My old supervisor used to get the switch when he was musbehaving. He said it always hurt like the dickens, but he was really bad and deserved it. He did the same to his son. It is a learned behavior and didn't really hurt either of them long term from what I can see. AP probably was raised on the switch himself.

I do know that kids raised by their mother often are disgraceful little brats that don't know how to listen. I am betting he didn't listen to AP, so he got the switch just like his Dad did as a kid. So what.

For some kids physical punishment is all they respond to. Others grounding or timeout is enough. My brother was the former, I was the latter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erson-admitted-to-whooping-son-with-a-switch/

Report: Peterson admitted to “whooping” son with a switch
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2014

350x-262.jpg
AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who was indicted today for injury to a child, reportedly admitted that he hit his 4-year-old son with a switch, causing cuts and bruises.

Nick Wright of 610-AM in Houston reports that Peterson told police he gave his son a “whooping” in a May incident in Spring, Texas. According to the report, Peterson said he did it to punish the child for pushing another one of Peterson’s children while they were playing a video game. The report says Peterson grabbed a tree branch, removed the leaves and struck the 4-year-old repeatedly.

The child’s injuries reportedly included cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. According to the report, Peterson texted the boy’s mother and acknowledged what he had done and that she would be “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly texted the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I [sic] thigh. . . . Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

According to the report, the child told authorities, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face” and said he feared Peterson would punch him in the face if he found out police knew about the incident.

The boy’s mother reportedly took him to a doctor, who reported the injuries to authorities, saying they were consistent with child abuse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ictment-adrian-peterson-will-not-play-sunday/

After indictment, Adrian Peterson will not play Sunday
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2014

peterson6.jpg
Getty Images

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will not play on Sunday against the Patriots after he was indicted on a charge of injury to a child.

The Vikings announced the decision to deactivate Peterson on Friday, two hours after news broke that he had been indicted by a grand jury in Houston.

The move comes during the same week that the NFL has come under withering criticism stemming from the video showing Ravens running back Ray Rice beating up his wife. The Ravens released Rice and the NFL suspended him indefinitely.

It’s far too early to know whether the Vikings could release Peterson — a notion that would have been absolutely unthinkable a few hours ago — or whether the NFL could suspend him indefinitely. But in this week like no other in the NFL’s history, nothing can be ruled out.

Meanwhile, other players accused of domestic violence, notably Panthers defensive lineman Greg Hardy and 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald, will play on Sunday. The Panthers and the 49ers have cited due process, saying it wouldn’t be fair to deactivate players before the legal system plays out. The Vikings have decided that some accusations are serious enough to warrant immediate action.

I was spanked growing up, my neighbors got the belt regularly and they were all girls. After reading this I agree it was not right. My friends that were switched always said there that you didn't get the switch until you were a certain age. Doing that to a4 year old is terrible. For the record, even though I am not judgemental of people using learned techniques to discipline, I myself would never hit my kids with anything.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No wonder leaders in this country grew up to use fear tactics in politics and beyond to "make their point" and "teach us all a lesson."

Fear tactics and indoctrinated abuse as a child that taught it's "a-okay" to smack your kid around rather than competently teaching your child what is right and wrong. I sure as hell didn't need physical abuse to learn.

Violence is the lazy man's way out.
All children are not the same. I was also reasonable as a child but my brother wasn't. A spanking may be all that works. However the idea is not to beat the kid. Just inflict temporary pain that is gone a few seconds later. Public embarrassment, as someone suggested can leave a scar for life. Guilt trips and disappointment worked on me but my brother didn't give two shits if mom was disappointed. He turned out fine even though he got Spanked often, even at times with a wooden spoon. I still remember him saying to Mom, " That didn't hurt." He laughs about it today. My parents were good parents but like many they had a kid that was beyond there means to control.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why is this story not making sense to me? Unless it's just a ploy to extract millions from Peterson?
Exactly. There are so many potential angles here it's almost impossible to know whats going on. Could just be a local politician wanting to make a name for himself as part of a run for state office. Could be the NFL security working with a local politician to try and distract media attention away from the Rice matter. Who knows.

On the other hand, Peterson doesn't look good either.

Seems the NFL has got some very big problems on it's hands right now. Is this all of it's own doing, or are there some unseen forces at play here? Again, really hard to know, but anything is possible.

P.S. I spanked my eldest daughter once - when she was 8. I think I felt worse about it than she did. I'd never do it again, nor have I :)

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Wow. That's pretty bad. He beat him pretty severely with that switch. No kid deserves that.

I remember as a child there were lots of threats of switches, but it never happened. It was pretty common actually to hear many parents mention switches. Others have mentioned belts. I never got 'whooped' by one. But my dad did something that scared me straight every time. He'd either take his belt off or go get his belt, fold it in half, and snap it as loud as he could. It scared the hell out of me! I never did what I had just done to get in trouble again. I was a pretty good kid and rarely got in trouble / spanked, but it did happen occasionally. As a father now, I've spanked my kids on occasion and I've always felt incredibly guilty afterwards. I haven't done it in a long time because I felt so bad afterwards.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I was "whipped" as a child ,and I administered corporal punishment to my children, but more to instill fear of authority never to inflict "real" pain nor damage.
As I look back on my childhood I know restraint was practiced ,it was far less severe that I thought it to be at the time and that's pretty well how I meted it out ,so the "look" would have effect . Oh and never my daughter just the hard to tame boys.
Never anything that approached that "whoopin" especially to a child that age and size only with an open hand and never hard enough that it hurt the hand always through clothes never to bare skin ,ceased when the kids got old enough to need to BE hurt to notice (IOW after they started laughing when it was over) .

There are conflicting schools of thought on the subject ,but I don't think either side would condone what AP is alleged to have done here,like someone else said hard to imagine what a kid that age could do to warrant such rage,nor how an absentee father could muster it for a child he only gets a small amount of time with.
AP has some serious issues IMO .
Once again ,these sorts of behaviors don't materialize when these guys become millionaire football players, it wouldn't shock me to find out most of them have violent episodes in their college years and the league aught to sanction players coming out of college to start the extinguishment earlier before it becomes their problem and PR nightmare if it's important to them.

The NCAA did the right thing refusing to allow DG Beckham to play this year and that IMO should follow the guy to the pros, if they really want to clean things up and not just appear like they are doing something ( yea I conflated child and spousal abuse I think they come from the same dark place) a place IMO most men have but catch themselves before they get there,the ones who do need to be reprogrammed as early as possible .