Acquired tastes, and things you’ve left behind.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love home made beef jerky…

Gave up Soda a long time ago. Drink it once in a blue moon but can easily pass on it for water.
live a couple miles from "mom wilson's country sausage mart. just wow. never thought i'd say, that's not a bad price( $34.00/lb) for this homemade jerky.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
live a couple miles from "mom wilson's country sausage mart. just wow. never thought i'd say, that's not a bad price( $34.00/lb) for this homemade jerky.
Shouldn't be that bad but removing the moisture of beef will turn 5 pounds of meat into 1.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparentlly, I used to like bell pepper and onions mixed into hamburger patties, until one day...

A neighbor came over to eat dinner with us and she saw the hamburger had onions and green peppers and said "Ew...Yuck!"
I looked toward my Mom and Dad and said, "Ew....I can't eat this."

As far as I know, that little girl is still buried near the plum tree in the back yard of that house....

…..

Legend
Covid related but I get nauseated nowadays when I think of, or even look at a banana.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I use to hate artichokes as a kid but now I love them and I use to love a cotton candy as a kid but hate it now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I was in my 20s I could eat a couple egg or sausage McMuffins every morning for breakfast. Handy had one in years and a few weeks ago got one. Nearly threw up after one bite. Consider me having left them behind.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I hated guac as a kid, learned to love it, developed bad heartburn/acid reflux and can't have it anymore.

I hated coffee as a kid and adult. Now I've learned to drown the disgusting flavor in cream and sugar. That counts right?

I used to love grape flavored stuff. Not anymore. That's it for the "lost it" section. My tastes are pretty childish.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Tapioca. Used to eat a lot of it, and now the sight of it makes me gag.
Lima beans - hated them then, and still do

avocado, hated as a kid and eat two or three a week now.
Wine loved it in my 20’s, and still do. Maybe lesser amounts, then again, maybe not.
Never did fast food crept Taco Bell runs at mid nite in college. Shit’s really bad, except for white castle.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Man I used to loooove those tacos from Jack In The Crack. The fried ones that probably contain six month's worth of cholesterol. Now they're kinda gross. I guess I look at the meat now or something idk.

I'm also on a low sodium diet of the permanent variety nowadays so I don't get to have just about anything known as fast food. Every once in a while I'll cheat though and have a meal or whatever and it always surprises me how salty it is. Had a Big Mac meal a few weeks ago and the fries were almost hard to eat. Of course I got through them. :laugh4:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could eat 5-7 doughnuts a sitting as a kid. Now i can’t stand them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Acquired taste: Coffee, avocado, some hot spices (still mild by some of you asbestos mouths...), THC (Delta 8, specifically), most fish.

Given up: super sweet anything, cereal (the sugar and milk together WRECKS me), sour cream and talking smack. I learned from some savages in the Navy and after a bad incident, I had to give it up. Also, any pasta made in the US. Makes me and the wife really sick. Get the pasta from Italy? No problem...and we don't have to deal with that "gluten free" garbage pasta... ugh.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tapioca. Used to eat a lot of it, and now the sight of it makes me gag.
Lima beans - hated them then, and still do

avocado, hated as a kid and eat two or three a week now.
Wine loved it in my 20’s, and still do. Maybe lesser amounts, then again, maybe not.
Never did fast food crept Taco Bell runs at mid nite in college. Shit’s really bad, except for white castle.
What about In-N-Out in Vegas!?!?!?!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Acquired taste: Coffee, avocado, some hot spices (still mild by some of you asbestos mouths...), THC (Delta 8, specifically), most fish.

Given up: super sweet anything, cereal (the sugar and milk together WRECKS me), sour cream and talking smack. I learned from some savages in the Navy and after a bad incident, I had to give it up. Also, any pasta made in the US. Makes me and the wife really sick. Get the pasta from Italy? No problem...and we don't have to deal with that "gluten free" garbage pasta... ugh.
Dang, I never learned that Naval lesson!

RZ0RfsH.png

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What about In-N-Out in Vegas!?!?!?!
Did In-N-Otin high school a lot. I think it was their #3 store on Foothill in Padadena.

Never thought of it as fast food, but yeah, it’s actually right do wn Eastern from where I live.

Once in awhile, but their fries suck, so not that often.

Burgers are good…but not THAT good IMO.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Pancakes. 10 stacks with butter and syrup between each pancake. Every Saturday morning.
Haven’t had one in 40 years.

Also never had Chicken and waffles which sounds killer.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Tied together, as a younger man I drank a lot of soda I was a cherry coke fan. I’ve dropped most all soda consumption but I still crave bubbly drinks. So now I’m a sparkling water guy. Since I work for Coke that means AHA pomegranate blueberry mostly.
Do you work in the Atlanta office? I have a buddy that works in finance.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you work in the Atlanta office? I have a buddy that works in finance.
No I actually work for an independent bottler out west. We're one of the biggest bottlers in the US. I call a few guys out there on stuff but nobody in finance :)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
- Whiskey, especially bourbon nowadays. Drink more whiskey than beer (although I don't drink that much of either).

- I almost never drink a regular or diet soda anymore, used to drink plenty. Replaced it with sparkling water

- Before I met my first wife, the thought of sushi disgusted me. I don't have much good to say about her, but she did convince me to try it and now I'm damn near an addict to the stuff ... which is a good thing since my second wife is Japanese.

- Not really interested in weed anymore ...

- As far as coffee, I acquired a taste for it, black, as a teenager and have never looked back. The navy actually made me even more of a coffee drinker.