Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I was for signing ad but lately I have been thinking we should trade him. if we can trade him for 1st round pick and cap savings. we could resign the hole ol and keep joyner and maybe extend peters plus have a 1st round pick. knot to worry for those who want to resign ad by my saying I want to trade him that means he will be signed with in a week.

If Suh was 27 i'd be all for that. But it would take more than a 1st rounder. Maybe a first plus a stud MLB.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I was for signing ad but lately I have been thinking we should trade him. if we can trade him for 1st round pick and cap savings. we could resign the hole ol and keep joyner and maybe extend peters plus have a 1st round pick. knot to worry for those who want to resign ad by my saying I want to trade him that means he will be signed with in a week.

Yikes if all we got was a first round pick that would be terrible.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Donald is worth more than a 1st rd pick. That cap hit is crazy. He has out played his contract. I’m for holding him out , Franchise him 2 times.Give him guaranteed money this year.

I guess at what point is bonus money involved & doesn’t count against the cap ? I don’t care about how much he makes , as much as the cap hit.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
9 pages to go.
I'm assigning you all to post a 1 page essay on why you personally would like to be like Aaron.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Yikes if all we got was a first round pick that would be terrible.

yeah for sure he is worth more than a 1st round pick but with a 25 mil cap hit that's about all imo you could get. beside my post was to insure that he signs with in the next week because the rams always do the opposite of what I post

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess at what point is bonus money involved & doesn’t count against the cap ?

Bonus money always counts against the cap. If it qualifies as "likely to be earned" it counts the year it is paid. If "unlikely to be earned" it counts the next season. Likely to be earned means that based on the last season it would have been earned (AD hit the levels the past season). Unlikely means that he didn't do it the year before.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
91 baby!!!!!
chris-long-does-ric-flair-strut.gif

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Bonus money always counts against the cap. If it qualifies as "likely to be earned" it counts the year it is paid. If "unlikely to be earned" it counts the next season. Likely to be earned means that based on the last season it would have been earned (AD hit the levels the past season). Unlikely means that he didn't do it the year before.
I thought signing bonus money was spread out over the life of the contract. So if we pay Donald 30 mil signing bonus and it was a 5 year deal it would be 6 mil a year cap money plus what ever his salary for the year was.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought signing bonus money was spread out over the life of the contract. So if we pay Donald 30 mil signing bonus and it was a 5 year deal it would be 6 mil a year cap money plus what ever his salary for the year was.

Yes, I was referring to things like bonuses for games played.

Roster bonuses, workout bonuses, etc count in the season they are paid.

Signing bonuses are spread out over the life of the contract, but over a maximum of five seasons. So if it's a 6 year contract only the first 5 have a cap hit from the signing bonuses.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
At least both parties agree on $90,301,nnn for four years. Now if they can only reach an agreement between 90,301,310 or 90,301,424 we'll be golden.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Come on everyone, we only went a little less than two pages. Let's not tire out now. The finish line is in sight. I know your fingers are beaten and bruised, and you're fighting to stay awake, but we must not give up now. So with all the strength you can muster, and every ounce of energy give, you must not give up! For the pinnacle of 100 is there for the taking. So reach, stretch, and grasp your goal! You can do it! I have faith in you! Well, at least some of you.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Come on everyone, we only went a little less than two pages. Let's not fire out now. The finish line is in sight. I know your fingers are beaten and bruised, and you're fighting to stay awake, but we must not give up now. So with all the strength you can muster, and every ounce of energy give, you must not give up! For the pinnacle of 100 is there for the taking. So reach, stretch, and grasp your goal! You can do it! I have faith in you! Well, at least some of you.

Okay.

I'll play.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Come on everyone, we only went a little less than two pages. Let's not fire out now. The finish line is in sight. I know your fingers are beaten and bruised, and you're fighting to stay awake, but we must not give up now. So with all the strength you can muster, and every ounce of energy give, you must not give up! For the pinnacle of 100 is there for the taking. So reach, stretch, and grasp your goal! You can do it! I have faith in you! Well, at least some of you.

Never 100. This thing should hit 99 on the day he signs. As soon as he signs, the mods should lock this thread and preserve its historical significance on this sight for future generations to enjoy. We can start a new contract signed celebration thread for all the I told you so’s and congratulations. This one ends on 99 - as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.