Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wait a second... this all sounds like a negotiation. Is this negotiation?? Kinda sounds like a negotiation.

Okay, seriously though, I think a lot of us are paying attention to artificial timelines here. (Camp starts, August 8th, Preseason, Week 1)

I don't see a timeline that looks any different than what happened last year... and one could argue that he could miss more than just 1 game (maybe 2-3). The timeline is part of the negotiation, Donald can't hold anything over the Rams till he's close to missing games. The Rams aren't gonna charge Donald for missing camp but they won't pay him for games he doesn't play.

No need to freak out till then. We might want him in camp, but it's not gonna happen folks. That would be a crappy negotiation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait a second... this all sounds like a negotiation. Is this negotiation?? Kinda sounds like a negotiation.

Okay, seriously though, I think a lot of us are paying attention to artificial timelines here. (Camp starts, August 8th, Preseason, Week 1)

I don't see a timeline that looks any different than what happened last year... and one could argue that he could miss more than just 1 game (maybe 2-3). The timeline is part of the negotiation, Donald can't hold anything over the Rams till he's close to missing games. The Rams aren't gonna charge Donald for missing camp but they won't pay him for games he doesn't play.

No need to freak out till then. We might want him in camp, but it's not gonna happen folks. That would be a crappy negotiation.
Well if he wants to repeat as DPOY, he better by ready by Week 2!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Fuck week 2. I want to see him against Oakland. That offense isn't the luckless colts of last year.

Id like to see him in preseason game 3

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's part of the team, let him play all of week one at full strength. None of this reporting the day before the game, too late to be safely put in to play, but in time to collect his game check shit.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What a damn relief it is to read that.

I won't be relieved until he actually signs.

I dunno about all this "zip code" talk. It's too easy to get lost in metaphors.

Ink to paper. Until then, I'm still anxious.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't be relieved until he actually signs.

I dunno about all this "zip code" talk. It's too easy to get lost in metaphors.

Ink to paper. Until then, I'm still anxious.
Trust 'em, Mack!
bCSDeca.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't believe anything that reporters report that don't have direct quotes from Snead, Demoff, or McVay

They'll get a deal done. They didn't go all in this off-season with the idea that Donald isn't a part of it

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally.

Not that the pressure would bother either side, but I hope that this is how people start to think and talk about this situation. The Rams have most likely done "right" by Donald in what they are offering. Highest paid defensive player ever. I really like Donald obviously, but the position he plays simply isn't valuable enough to pay him like a top QB. It would be ridiculous to do so.

you know that article came out the day they signed gurley?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Do I take that to read the contract is for $90.301M (Inglewood Zip) over 4 years? 22.575M per yr avg. Wow that's a lot!

Well, either that or they are going to sign it in Beverly Hills for $90.210 guaranteed ... or maybe AD will say Yes to $90.125 guaranteed ...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Glad to hear Snead say they’re in the same zip code...

But....my two cents...

From a PR standpoint, seems like the Rams have a vested interest in saying things are close, to put more pressure on AD to accept the offer and sign.

From a PR standpoint, seems like AD’s side has a vested interest in saying things are NOT close, to indicate that the threat of a holdout is real, and to pressure the Rams to raise their offer.

Snead saying they are in the “same zip code” is good news. But if I were to hear that from Todd France or AD....that would be GREAT news.

Status
Not open for further replies.