Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Front office is going to sign all their draft picks first, before they make an extension deal with AD. Probably even after they make a deal with Cooks, since AD is going to be their biggest hit, and he's already under contract.

In any case, don't expect AD to be in camp. Rams front office and AD have a (wink,wink) understanding, ala Orlando Pace, of him not risking injury in OTA's and TC.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don’t let future HOFers leave in their prime.

Sure you do. Occasionally. The GM's job is to build the best overall team, sometimes aiming for one season, sometimes trying to build over multiple years.. There are limited resources. IF the team can get enough for him in trade to make sense, especially once you factor in the costs and where else you can spend the cap room, you consider it. It's hard to get fair value for a star - but in a sport with a 53 man roster, no player is untradeable. And if any player were untradeable, it would be a star QB, not a DT. Just the nature of the sport.

This wouldn't have happened, but for example - if Cleveland had offered to trade all their draft picks the day before free agency began for AD, it would have been in the Rams' interest to accept that trade, make some more trades for a bunch of future picks, and still have a lot of picks to improve depth all over, with a future pipeline of picks with coaches smart enough to draft players that fit the team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am firmly in the “Pay the man” camp. No two ways about it.
Only thing I’ll say about trading him, (and I’m 100% against doing so) is that his value was likely no higher than it was this off season.
Can’t trade him during the year and while teams will still lineup to trade for him if he’s franchise tagged, they surely would have paid more to have give on his final rookie year deal.
So I don’t believe the gap is that wide that the Rams don’t feel they can make it work.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
that is hoping the top thread on this page is AD signs a new contract, everytime I come to ROD?

TexasRam

Legend
I am leaning towards believing they will not be able to sign long term.

I just think he is that much better than a team would want to allocate to a DT. The sides may just be too far away and unwilling to move any closer to the center.

It’s like when your girlfriend says she needs you to stop watching football and you tell her you need her to stop spending money on clothes.

At some point you realize you will miss her but this just won’t work for either party.

And I hope I am wrong, but don’t think so.

So no I am not looking for a AD signs thread at all. A new holdout thread may be next up.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
No Dave, you are not.

I keep going to that other thread "Aaron Donald" thinking maybe someone posted that important info deep within it's bowels and I'll have to go through 17 or more pages to find it!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
OMG! They merged @RamBall Aaron Donald thread into the main AD thread!

I was worried something like this would happen, my fears are coming true...I'm going to have to read multiple pages to get to the part where he signs a new extension!

Thanks @RamFan503 for making my life horrible! ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OMG! They merged @RamBall Aaron Donald thread into the main AD thread!

I was worried something like this would happen, my fears are coming true...I'm going to have to read multiple pages to get to the part where he signs a new extension!

Thanks @RamFan503 for making my life horrible! ;)
I realize you’re just making fun but my guess is that one of us will end up editing this thread if/when we sign AD to an extension.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I realize you’re just making fun but my guess is that one of us will end up editing this thread if/when we sign AD to an extension.
Or locking this thread and merging the other 8 threads that pop up when that happy day happens. Hmmmmm 8 might be a low guess.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Testing, RamsFan503, testing!:rockon: I wonder if I would get banned for dredging every Aaron Donald thread in RODS history, from the dead.? ha!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ALL Aaron Donald threads will be merged. No reason to clutter up the front page with a "new" AD thread every week folks. Scan and search first. Thanks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ALL Aaron Donald threads will be merged. No reason to clutter up the front page with a "new" AD thread every week folks. Scan and search first. Thanks.

Hey Mojo, how about you merge this:
2017-Buick-Encore-ST-front-three-quarter-in-motion-e1496856829482.jpg

It is one of the worst cars available in terms of visibility and blind spots. Good luck merging that onto a highway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.