A word about this Rams D vs the Packers...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Packers defense is interesting. They're better at situationally stopping the run than they are stopping the run, first off. If they get you in third and two for example they can certainly load it up and stuff you and make you punt but they're not good at snuffing the run game outside of situational downs/distances. And that, IMO, is where Akers provides a legit threat to them.

But Mike Pettine is a DC I have always respected, he's a good gameplanner and a better gameday play caller.

He'll probably have his defense playing bookend 3T with the DEs to be as stout as possible vs the run. Which means early game McVay will start by attacking the edges. I think it's going to be tough going at times given how our offense has struggled this year but expect the Rams will be patient and wear them down.

The Packers defense is built to slow comebacks basically, IMO. If they get up on us early it's over because the Rams aren't geared for a shootout. If our defense keeps it close though I feel like we can definitely wear them down and take control at times and that's when finishing drives and all that factors in.

Best thing that can happen for us is Akers gone wild though. If Akers has a big day the Rams have a good chance to win this game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Shanahan got us in the first game (which was during the first six weeks when Staley was still implementing his scheme), but he didn't burn us in the second. Our turnovers burned us in the second game. We held SF's running game and passing game in check. It was the pick six and four total TOs that allowed SF to put up points. Plus, Ramsey was injured and wasn't being used to blanket Samuel. Now, Green Bay is significantly better than SF, but Kyle Shanahan is a better offensive mind than LaFleur imo. Let's not forget that we gave that high-powered TB offense all sorts of problems too.
yeah I guess watching SF with Mullens at QB driving down the field for the game winning score against our Defense makes me hold Staley responsible and I feel like Shanahan out schemed him. Your correct about Ramsey being out but still, Mullens at QB with no Kittles! Should have been able to hold them but we didn't. Correct on TB but we also couldn't stop the Jets so I have concerns, especially with 2 injured QBs and bad pass protection from the Oline. Its definitely going to be tuff to pull out a win in GB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure that I agree with daring Aaron Rodgers to beat us.
There's no way around this. In fact Green Bay is going to do some things to force opportunities for him to beat us deep.

That last game vs the Bears they lined up 5 wide, Rodgers noted the LB on Valdes, and it's a TD. Just like that. And I think they are going to try that shit vs our secondary just to force them out of looks they prefer. It's going to be fascinating to see what La Fleur can do even knowing that he's got a fucking windfall of talent with that QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tampa crushed the Packers playing single high safety and putting a lot of pressure on Rodgers. They took away the run and hit Rodgers often.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel both confident and worried about this game in equally large measures.

It's a weird feeling...

dang

Legend
Defense is playing lights out. Offense navigated a very scary proposition of not having Goff, Akers and Whit. GB doesn’t turn the ball over so we need to do the same. It won’t be easy but I like our chances and am very excited for another game.

RamWoodie

Legend
When the Packers have faced good defenses, they have had problems...and I don't consider their OLine "elite" but they're good.

Rodgers is like any other qb with mobility against a good defense, but he has better savvy escaping pressure.

This matchup is so tight as I see it, that the biggest question for the Rams is on offense...and it comes down to Goff, Woolford, and Kupp. If their healthy..say 90%...I can see the Rams winning.

If it takes using Goff and Wolf....SO BE IT...that's McVay's decision to make.

The Packers also get an advantage the colder it is. Right now the forecast is 35 with snow flurries in Green Bay Saturday.

I'm liking the Rams to come out winning 27-20!!!