A Lions Fan's Perspective

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Iron Lion said:
SEA@STL REVIEW

The main thing I've pulled from this game is... and I know it's probably too early but... so far Zuerlein is the best kicker I've ever seen. And I've been watching Jason Hanson my whole life.

Bradford's pass to Kendricks on the 3rd and 13 I thought was very clutch. Also showed lots of touch on that deep sideline pass on the right side to Gibson(?)

Your Rams won without having scored an offensive TD while allowing an offensive TD, and my Lions lost while scoring an offensive TD and not allowing an offensive TD.

Speaking of which, WTF was with General Bentnose AKA Prantsy Pete trying to argue that Amendola had to be inside the numbers on the fake FG? WTF does that even mean? Is that some college crap? Does he not know the numbers are purely cosmetic? Lol. Cosmetic is probably not the word I should use, as they do have a purpose, but there's nothing official about them. The only official lines on the field are out-of-bounds, hashes, and the goal lines. Everything else is to support the act of spotting the ball.

And through the month of September my prediction for the NFC West standings is 100% correct! :cheese:

That was to Givens. We had been patiently waiting for them to connect on a deep pass ha. He nearly had another one later in the game diving for the ball on the left side.

Iron Lion

Starter
WARNER BOWL REVIEW

The Rams applied the formula for beating Arizona. The Cardinals D is based on allowing the periodic big play but also generating turnovers. The Rams got two big plays, one of which lead to a TD and one of which was a TD, and didn't turn the ball over. Beating this team comes down to minimizing mistakes and maximizing opportunities; the Rams did both.

Also the special teams game was huge. The Cardinals thrive off of scraping up hidden yardage, and the power+directional punting was able to dampen that. Also that one sequence of 5-yard penalty negating huge return, 5-yard penalty again, and then a pin inside the 10 was huge.

How many US presidents have gone through office since the last time the Rams won a home game against Arizona? Sorry lol couldn't resist. Good game fellas.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Iron Lion said:
How many US presidents have gone through office since the last time the Rams won a home game against Arizona? Sorry lol couldn't resist. Good game fellas.

Yeah... well this wasn't that long ago either!

pg2_a_fans1_sw_300.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
MontanaRamFan said:
Iron Lion said:

Yeah... well this wasn't that long ago either!

pg2_a_fans1_sw_300.jpg

Looks to me like they are starring down the barrel of 1-5 and THEN they play Seattle.
So better them than us eh?

Iron Lion

Starter
I'm sorry but I do not know what you are talking about. I have no recollection of that.

:sick:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
I'm sorry but I do not know what you are talking about. I have no recollection of that.

Who're you responding to?

Iron Lion

Starter
Montana. He's talking some kind of nonsense I don't know what he's saying.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Iron Lion said:

Tit for tat... but in the end it's all good. :tooth:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iron Lion said:

I'll tell you what you do remember and that was fricken Billy Sims! I saw some film on him and that karate kick leap blew my mind! What a great running back during the 1980's.

Iron Lion

Starter
MontanaRamsFan said:
Iron Lion said:

Tit for tat... but in the end it's all good. :tooth:

Yep. Here's to a decade of Stafford vs Bradford in the playoffs :ww:

RamsSince1969 said:
Iron Lion said:

I'll tell you what you do remember and that was fricken Billy Sims! I saw some film on him and that karate kick leap blew my mind! What a great running back during the 1980's.

I was born right around the time he blew out his knee so I never got to see him play.

Iron Lion

Starter
STL @ MIA REVIEW

·First off... I mean sheesh... I have to say it, and I'm sorry... but WTF was that creature standing behind Fisher @ 3:01 left to go in the 4th quarter?!?!?!?!

·There are going to be some "Why?" questions after any loss, but this is a question I had before the game even started: Obviously it was hot, it was Miami, and the Dolphins were wearing their whites. Why do the Rams wear the blue on blue? At least wear the white pants, no one is forcing you to wear the blue on blue...

·I had been noticing this year that the Dolphins in their home games liked to play the "Jack Ass" guitar rift after the opponent commits a penalty. And now I find out that if the opposing offense commits the penalty they actually do the backing-up "beep beep beep." Those guys have a sense of humor. My dad was looking around like "WTF did a forklift get in the living room?" Also they play a cartoonish "wawh wawh wawh wawawa..." after missed FGs...

·Is there any fallout from that feller who, for reasons unknown, did the following:
(1) Over-the-shoulder catch on a kickoff
(2) Upon dropping it, not letting the speedster grab it
(3) Fumble it

·Raise your hand if you knew instantly it was going to be a tuck rule right when you saw that play? (Raises hand.)

·Also raise your other hand if you knew Gibson had that kind of catch in him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Iron Lion said:
STL @ MIA REVIEW

·First off... I mean sheesh... I have to say it, and I'm sorry... but WTF was that creature standing behind Fisher @ 3:01 left to go in the 4th quarter?!?!?!?!

·There are going to be some "Why?" questions after any loss, but this is a question I had before the game even started: Obviously it was hot, it was Miami, and the Dolphins were wearing their whites. Why do the Rams wear the blue on blue? At least wear the white pants, no one is forcing you to wear the blue on blue...

·I had been noticing this year that the Dolphins in their home games liked to play the "Jack Ass" guitar rift after the opponent commits a penalty. And now I find out that if the opposing offense commits the penalty they actually do the backing-up "beep beep beep." Those guys have a sense of humor. My dad was looking around like "WTF did a forklift get in the living room?" Also they play a cartoonish "wawh wawh wawh wawawa..." after missed FGs...

·Is there any fallout from that feller who, for reasons unknown, did the following:
(1) Over-the-shoulder catch on a kickoff
(2) Upon dropping it, not letting the speedster grab it
(3) Fumble it
·Raise your hand if you knew instantly it was going to be a tuck rule right when you saw that play? (Raises hand.)

·Also raise your other hand if you knew Gibson had that kind of catch in him.

I can raise my hand three times...including the INC KR to Givens/Miller...didn't even have to think about it, BAD decision. Bad call. I can easily raise my hand regarding the TUCK RULE. If there is a TUCK RULE...it was that, and I said it immediately I also said immediately, that the Givens catch was not complete..

Iron Lion

Starter
GB @ STL Review

·My Lions never wear their whites at home. That is an abomination if you aren't a southern, warm-weather team. I could swear your Rams never ever did that either... but then again, I guess you figured you'd let the Packers wear their greens since it was basically their crowd... I know, sorry, that was below the Discount Doublecheck belt.

·My dad was complaining that the Rams DEs were getting held sort of like choke holds all game long, flailing their arms around like, "Hello? Refs?" I can relate... I deal with that BS all the time playing this team, that is truly 95% of their "Lamebeau Magic."

·Zürlein got his confidence back it seems.

·I think a bad play really went unnoticed. Here's what I saw, let me know what you guys think:

3rd down, STL driving, GB has 2 timeouts, end of the first half. Bradford decides to tuck the ball and run. He has no chance of getting the first down. Instead of sliding in bounds and keeping the clock running or forcing GB to use a timeout, he runs out of bounds. I believe Zürlein made his FG and the Packers drove at the end of the half and had enough time to attempt a FG which they would miss.

So it was ultimately a non-factor and went unnoticed but I think it's the franchise QB's job not only to do his job on offense but also to help his defense. Franchise QBs are judged on Ws and Ls.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
GB @ STL Review

·My Lions never wear their whites at home. That is an abomination if you aren't a southern, warm-weather team. I could swear your Rams never ever did that either... but then again, I guess you figured you'd let the Packers wear their greens since it was basically their crowd... I know, sorry, that was below the Discount Doublecheck belt.

·My dad was complaining that the Rams DEs were getting held sort of like choke holds all game long, flailing their arms around like, "Hello? Refs?" I can relate... I deal with that BS all the time playing this team, that is truly 95% of their "Lamebeau Magic."

·Zürlein got his confidence back it seems.

·I think a bad play really went unnoticed. Here's what I saw, let me know what you guys think:

3rd down, STL driving, GB has 2 timeouts, end of the first half. Bradford decides to tuck the ball and run. He has no chance of getting the first down. Instead of sliding in bounds and keeping the clock running or forcing GB to use a timeout, he runs out of bounds. I believe Zürlein made his FG and the Packers drove at the end of the half and had enough time to attempt a FG which they would miss.

So it was ultimately a non-factor and went unnoticed but I think it's the franchise QB's job not only to do his job on offense but also to help his defense. Franchise QBs are judged on Ws and Ls.

Why aren't you in class?
JK
IMO pooty, this game was a series of brain farts and that we played in road whites because we were trying AS an organization to get ready for a trip to England CAN'T be ignored.
JMO brainfarts are a product of lack of focus, it doesn't take much to throw a young team off their A game, a coaching staff either.
Growing pains? maybe, but regardless it's an L and point taken on Sam going OOB, little things in a game of inches.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The sliding in bounds wouldn't have mattered even if the packers used a time out, that's not a thing to worry about. It's just another "thing" to judge Bradford on that means nothing. Packers didn't need two timeouts to get into field goal range, and even then they missed. Bradford did the right thing to just get out of bounds instead of slide and have some linebacker jump on him like they always do. Then he's laying there with his eye closed and a big chunk of turf in his mask.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
The sliding in bounds wouldn't have mattered even if the packers used a time out, that's not a thing to worry about. It's just another "thing" to judge Bradford on that means nothing. Packers didn't need two timeouts to get into field goal range, and even then they missed. Bradford did the right thing to just get out of bounds instead of slide and have some linebacker jump on him like they always do. Then he's laying there with his eye closed and a big chunk of turf in his mask.
You mean like Stafford last night?

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
You mean like Stafford last night?

:ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
Or maybe someone gets flagged for a personal foul and we get a first down.
I agree with poot here ,keep the clock running , it changes the play calling.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
bluecoconuts said:
Or maybe someone gets flagged for a personal foul and we get a first down.
I agree with poot here ,keep the clock running , it changes the play calling.
So, nobody cares that Sam gets the most yards that he can to set up the FG?

Iron Lion

Starter
STL @ SF REVIEW

·49ers up 21-17. Half a quarter to go. 49ers celebrating in the kickoff formation like there's some kind of party going on WTF was that? I really hate that 49ers team. I was hoping you all could rip their hearts out. At least you ripped it halfway out, that's good enough.

·SJ39 still a beast I see.

·Bradford showed some clutchness. The big play that never was in OT. Probably if he's the franchise QB he has to make sure everyone's lined up, but as I said he still showed clutchness on the throw itself. He was also of course clutch on the last drive in regulation, but to be masterful you need to be able to score with no time left at all. Still he's got something to work with. Being masterful will come with time.

·A heart-breaking tie if I've ever seen one. By both sides but especially the Rams. I was talking to my dad and we thought it would be funny if at around 0:06 left in OT the refs just randomly said, "We mistakenly ran off 1:12 in the first half, therefore we will now add 1:12 back on. Will the incompetent game clock operator please set the game clock to 1:18."

·That's all for now, I gotta go catch a flight!