70's Fads You Participated in...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
Forgot lawn darts.

edm-lawndarts-tbt-june14_2500kbps_852x480_967423555839.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Puka shell necklaces are a Hawaiian thing Brudda. Maybe they became a fade on the Mainland in the 70's? I don't know... but I rocked a badass Puka necklace throughout the entire 70's growing up in The 808.

Most of them I see here on the Mainland nowadays are fake. Made out of something other than a real Puka shell. BTW... Puka is Hawaiian for Hole. I would rock one today if I could find a cool real one. I do wear a traditional Hawaiian fish hook necklace carved out of a whale bone tied on what the old time Hawaiians used for fishing line to this day though.
We all know that SoCal in the early 70's made the most authentic Puka shell necklaces! You guys just wore drilled midget abalone shells....*fexes

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a little guy in the 70’s. I did have a Puka Necklace in the early 80’s.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forgot about these. Spent more time trying to start it then actual flight time.

View attachment 47091
This was an expensive hobby. I had a neighbor friend who's Dad was into this thing big time. He made massive planes from scratch and I went with them a couple of times to shows where mostly grown men were flying their toys...lol I briefly had a WW2 Japanese Zero that I flew

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about you stop talking colonial English!? What’s a clacker?
Puka shell? Wtf is that?
Earth shoes!!?

You got some splainling to do old timer!
Looks like the other guys defined the Puka shell and the Clackers, so I'll do the Earth Shoes. They were created by a Yoga instructor who thought the normal shoeless walking style of humans was not only flat footed, but maybe the heel was lower than the front of the foot....The Earth Shoe had lowered heels and the front was raised slightly higher. I briefly had a pair, but they were so fugly!

TNdsRbe.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Banana boards with Chicago trucks and Cadillac wheels; Wallabies; Corduroys; Puca shell neckless; feathered haircut; Dance contests; those ugly ass sandals with tire tread soles; building ramps to jump your stingray....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Banana boards with Chicago trucks and Cadillac wheels; Wallabies; Corduroys; Puca shell neckless; feathered haircut; Dance contests; those ugly ass sandals with tire tread soles; building ramps to jump your stingray....
TOGA..TOGA...TOGA.... The classic 1978 movie, Animal House

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Baseball cards clipped in the spokes of my bike with a clothes pin.
Who knew I was jacking up a potential small fortune.
At the time I just liked the cool noise it made.

~ArkyRamsFan~

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Roller skating, at rinks and outside.

Trying to win radio call-in contests.

Head/wristbands - I wanted to be Bjorn Borg!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Trying to win radio call-in contests.
Wow! I didn't think you were that old. I'll add...

Recording songs off the radio because the DJs would announce their next set before playing them.

And Dr. Demento.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
TOGA..TOGA...TOGA.... The classic 1978 movie, Animal House
I've been to the place of the famous "May we dance with your dates?" scene a few times. It's a BBQ place now and is located near a lake outside of Eugene.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Very cool that you remember your skateboard. I remember my 1st real one like it was yesterday. Mine was a Town and Country wooden board that had black sandpaper strips on top with Red Rider wheels. I can't remember the trucks I had though. It was so badass for it's time.

When I was back in Hawaii several weeks ago I went back into Town and Country Surf Shop (Pearl City). The same place I got that board at years ago. They recently celebrated their 50th year in business. I was able to find a mini version of the exact same sticker that was on the top of my old skateboard. I stuck it on one of my Yeti Rambler cups. It's so cool to me....

20210809_133622.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All they were good for, was taking up space in your tackle box.

They were a hot gift item.

They made a fortune selling those I'm sure. I remember the TV adds.

I casted mine a few times and never picked it up again. What a pos. Hahahahahahaaaaa

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All they were good for, was taking up space in your tackle box.

They were a hot gift item.
I never actually fished with mine. I cast it a bunch in our pool and I think left it in a pile of fishing line in our garage. Might as well have just had a spool of line. At least ive used that set up to catch fish on the docks.