OFFICIAL 2024 Training Camp / P.S. News, Notes, Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Am I exaggerating in saying Bruss was as disliked if not more disliked than Bennett going into camp? Nice to see some good press for him and the good tape we've seen starting to match what we saw in college.
It feels to me like there were a lot of people who liked Bruss. Count me in the camp of those that vocally disliked him. I felt like any more investment of time and loot in him was a waste. Glad to be proven wrong.

Now it'll be interesting to see how much Rams value his improvement. Roster spot? Have to at least assume PS. I don't think he can supplant Thomas an OG backup without showing some chops at LG but it's possible.

Both he and Thomas both look to play the sam-ish amount of snaps on ST, maybe Thomas playing a little less.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think it's a possibility this year. And certainly did not going into camp.

There were a couple things that seem like they are happening that needed to happen: Young taking the next step (wasn't guaranteed but being reported), Fiske surprising as a force in the middle (which seems likely from reports), Verse being at least as advertised (seems it), Turner taking the next step (less reporting on him, was injured in camp though), a fourth rusher showing some juice (Hampton might be able to offer more this year) and a guy like Tyler who can back up Bobby Brown (though he might be light at the position this year).

Let's not forget about others in the front: Brennan Jackson, Michael Hoecht, and Desjuan Johnson. D-John has to be considered to back up all of the positions, and he's a solid run-defender with pass-rushing juice. B-Jax was injured a bit, but he could be impressive. And as much as we malign Hoecht in coverage, he really is a solid and versatile edge rusher, and as a third edge rusher, you're not going to find much better.

But I agree. Even without AD, this has to be one of the deepest front-sevens I've seen as a Rams fan. If Hampton, Davis, BB3, Young, and Turner can really take the next steps along with Verse and Fiske, this team has the potential to lead the NFL in sacks.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Let's not forget about others in the front: Brennan Jackson, Michael Hoecht, and Desjuan Johnson. D-John has to be considered to back up all of the positions, and he's a solid run-defender with pass-rushing juice. B-Jax was injured a bit, but he could be impressive. And as much as we malign Hoecht in coverage, he really is a solid and versatile edge rusher, and as a third edge rusher, you're not going to find much better.

But I agree. Even without AD, this has to be one of the deepest front-sevens I've seen as a Rams fan. If Hampton, Davis, BB3, Young, and Turner can really take the next steps along with Verse and Fiske, this team has the potential to lead the NFL in sacks.
I think everything you listed is just icing on the cake for me at this time. I think Hoecht as an off the bench player will actually be quite good. Johnson just needs to keep working his game, feels like anything we get from him is a bonus (not in a bad way!) and Jackson will be interesting to see, perhaps supplanting Hampton at some point.

Flint

Pro Bowler
In a recent video, Coop said he would not put his family through the demands required of coaching, in the NFL... Sad, but he said it.
I could see him going back to his hometown and coaching the high school.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Analyst Believes 1 Rams Unit Is Going To Be 'Elite'​

After winning the Super Bowl championship in the 2021 season, the Los Angeles Rams did very poorly in 2022, and many expected they would have another dismal season in 2023.

Instead, they surprised just about everyone by winning 10 games, making the playoffs and nearly upsetting the Detroit Lions in the wild-card round of the playoffs.

Now there are those who feel the Rams have at least an outside shot of finishing first in the NFC West, and Steve Wyche said on NFL Network that their wide receiver room is going to be elite.

While much of the attention when it comes to L.A.’s wideouts is focused on veteran Cooper Kupp and 2023 rookie sensation Puka Nacua, Wyche said rookie Jordan Whittington and Xavier Smith, an undrafted rookie last year, could be diamonds in the rough this year.

The analyst said Smith could make their roster as a returner, but he also highlighted some good work he did in Saturday’s preseason win over the Los Angeles Chargers.

Whittington played five years at the University of Texas at Austin, where he totaled 1,757 yards and five receiving touchdowns in 41 games.

Nacua was the big story for the Rams last season after exploding for 105 catches, 1,486 yards and six touchdowns and finishing second in the Offensive Rookie of the Year balloting.

Kupp, meanwhile, has had a couple of rough years after his outstanding 2021 campaign, but if he stays healthy, he could be a candidate for the Pro Bowl.

If quarterback Matthew Stafford stays healthy and continues to play at a high level, the Rams could surprise people once again this fall and winter.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Matthew Stafford back at practice, but Rams saving him for season opener​

Story by Gary Klein

Stafford, held out of team drills for nearly all of three workouts because of a hamstring issue, ran the offense Tuesday for the first time in nearly a week.

The 36-year-old Stafford shared first-team reps with Jimmy Garoppolo and finished the workout with a play-action keeper he punctuated with a run around right end.

“He did his own number there,” coach Sean McVay said. “That wasn’t the call. Looked pretty good.”

Stafford’s return without incident enabled the Rams a sigh of relief.

McVay had described Stafford’s hamstring issue as “a little something.” But no issue is small when it concerns the team’s most important player, a 16th-year pro who has suffered — and often played through — numerous injuries.

Last Wednesday, Stafford was removed from a joint practice with the Dallas Cowboys because he felt hamstring tightness. He was not on the field for a jog-through the next day, and McVay said Sunday he was not concerned about the injury and that Stafford would have plenty of time to prepare for the Sept. 8 opener at Detroit.

On Monday, Stafford participated only in individual drills. Then came the ramp up Tuesday.

“This was part of the progression plan,” McVay said. “We figured he would get half of the team reps and just kind of incrementally increase him.”

The Rams will depart for Houston on Wednesday and practice with the Texans on Thursday. Stafford’s participation is “to be determined,” McVay said, because of “unscheduled movements” that could aggravate the hamstring.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Guess we'll know who is locked for the team at RB this Saturday by who won't be dressed since their picking guys up off the street to play for a day.
Yeah, need a body to back up Evans. Scott likely sits.