2024 Rams Official Cut Down to 53 thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Les be like...

leatherface-revving-chainsaw-o9plqg4yg3kg4p7g.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't be an issue except maybe the first two games since I'm sure they're planning on keeping Jimmy G and Bennett all year... but be curious if they pick up an emergency 3rd QB for first two games or throw the dice on not needing one.

View: https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1828105131340271940

That's crazy
Well, that assures Bennett of being on the 53 man roster because with Jimmy G's injury history, if he has to play its possible he gets hurt also

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cuz everybody's crazy about a sharp Dresser man?

Or maybe you just love a Winn-er?

Who knows?
I think you are right in both cases. Loved the name Dresser plus the only Winner I never liked was former Cardinals & Jets Head Coach Charley Winner, who was Weeb Ewbank's son in law. Winner's overall coaching record, 44-44-5. So he was a winner half of the time.
1724692912970.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just a reminder, but perhaps this has been said, with new rules for a year or so ago, vets can go on practice squad. I, like others, expect to see guys like Scott and Watkins on the practice squad most likely.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think you are right in both cases. Loved the name Dresser plus the only Winner I never liked was former Cardinals & Jets Head Coach Charley Winner, who was Weeb Ewbank's son in law. Winner's overall coaching record, 44-44-5. So he was a winner half of the time.
View attachment 67179
So you’re saying he’s more successful than baseball players as he only failed half the time?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Shouldn't be an issue except maybe the first two games since I'm sure they're planning on keeping Jimmy G and Bennett all year... but be curious if they pick up an emergency 3rd QB for first two games or throw the dice on not needing one.

View: https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1828105131340271940

I don't get this. I thought they enacted this rule because the Broncos has to trot out a WR to play QB for an entire game and it put people in danger. If the NFLPA is all about player safety, why not have a 3rd emergency QB eligible for every game? How does that effect anyone other then in a positive way? 3rd QB is only eligible to play when both the 1st and 2nd string are out due to injury and will then not be eligible to go back into the game. Seems like a win-win.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get this. I thought they enacted this rule because the Broncos has to trot out a WR to play QB for an entire game and it put people in danger. If the NFLPA is all about player safety, why not have a 3rd emergency QB eligible for every game? How does that effect anyone other then in a positive way? 3rd QB is only eligible to play when both the 1st and 2nd string are out due to injury and will then not be eligible to go back into the game. Seems like a win-win.
Still have emergency qb, doesn’t have to be on active list for game BUT needs to be on the 53.
So you can’t have your PS QB dressed “just in case”

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still have emergency qb, doesn’t have to be on active list for game BUT needs to be on the 53.
So you can’t have your PS QB dressed “just in case”
Now I get it. But still believe Bennett will be on the practice squad after week 2. I think the odds of Stafford and Jimmy G getting hurt in 1 game is pretty low.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
View attachment 67179
You are an amazing font of football knowledge!

I take back all those bad things I said about you. :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So you’re saying he’s more successful than baseball players as he only failed half the time?
He was a .500 Head Coach in Football people expect more than that unless a championship is included. As to baseball, well, that is a horse of a different color.

Charley did go on to open up a very successful fried chicken franchise, coining the phrase: "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner."
1724704591636.png

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I’m guessing they are going to make us wait until lunch time tomorrow?