2024 NY Yankees thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Judge Updated:

102 G, 95 R, 135 H, 24 2B, 47 HR, 109 RBI, 86 BB, .377 Avg, .506 OB%, .844 SL%, 1.349 OPS

It's only 102 games but I think I heard something the other day that no player in history has had a 100 game run like that. Pretty hard to do.

It extrapolates over 162 games to
151 R, 214 H, 38 2B, 75 HR, 173 RBI, 137 BB...... .377/.506/.844/ 1.349 OPS

Both are massive numbers.
And will we see the first billion dollar player

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And will we see the first billion dollar player
Lol. I know I've been talking about Judge but if not for him, Soto would be in a race with Witt for MVP. Besides being 1-2 with Judge in BB, OB%. and OPS, he's top 4 in runs, HR, Rbi, Slg% and WAR.

Tonight they pointed out, how is he leading the league in walks batting in front of Judge? Sure, he may have the best eye in baseball but regardless, don't you HAVE TO throw him strikes?

Tano

Legend
Lol. I know I've been talking about Judge but if not for him, Soto would be in a race with Witt for MVP. Besides being 1-2 with Judge in BB, OB%. and OPS, he's top 4 in runs, HR, Rbi, Slg% and WAR.

Tonight they pointed out, how is he leading the league in walks batting in front of Judge? Sure, he may have the best eye in baseball but regardless, don't you HAVE TO throw him strikes?
If Betts didn't get hurt, it could have been Ohtani and Betts competing for MVPs with the others in the NL

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Has Jazz Chisholm helped the Yankees? In 20 games played since the trade, he's hitting .304 with 9 HR, 14 rbi, 16 runs and 6 SB. They've gone 12-8 in those games and 5-3 during the 8 games he missed. Yankee fans were pissed that was the only major move they made prior to the deadline. The other was getting Leiter, Jr., who has been inconsistent.

Verdugo has been sucking and fans wanted to see more of The Martian (Jasson Dominguez) and surely come September, he'll be up with the team. Verdugo has gone 8 for 19 in his last 5 games.

I'm not the "normal" Yankee fan who feels "entitled" and it's the World Series Championship or failure, though it has been a while. Still you have to 'get there' first and that means making the postseason. They are 78-56 with 28 games to play. The #7 team in the A.L. is Boston (69-65). That means if the Yankees go .500 the rest of the way, Boston needs to go 24-4 to knock NY out. Not gonna happen. But in order to win the East, NY has got to do a lot better than .500. IMHO, 19-9 might do it.

Though the Yankees had an easier schedule finish than Baltimore a few weeks ago, that doesn't seem to be the case for the last month. Neither has been "killing it" in August. NYY are 13-11 and Baltimore is 12-14. The worse team the Yankees play is Oakland (58-76), while the Orioles play Colorado (50-85) and CWS (31-104). The best team Baltimore plays is the Yankees the second to last series of the season. It might all come down to that one. Should be an exciting finish.

Last edited:

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Has Jazz Chisholm helped the Yankees? In 20 games played since the trade, he's hitting .304 with 9 HR, 14 rbi, 16 runs and 6 SB. They've gone 12-8 in those games and 5-3 during the 8 games he missed. Yankee fans were pissed that was the only major move they made prior to the deadline. The other was getting Leiter, Jr., who has been inconsistent.

Verdugo has been sucking and fans wanted to see more of The Martian (Jasson Dominguez) and surely come September, he'll be up with the team. Verdugo has gone 8 for 19 in his last 5 games.

I'm not the "normal" Yankee fan who feels "entitled" and it's the World Series Championship or failure, though it has been a while. Still you have to 'get there' first and that means making the postseason. They are 78-56 with 28 games to play. The #7 team in the A.L. is Boston (69-65). That means if the Yankees go .500 the rest of the way, Boston needs to go 24-4 to knock NY out. Not gonna happen. But in order to win the East, NY has got to do a lot better than .500. IMHO, 19-9 might do it.

Though the Yankees had an easier schedule finish than Baltimore a few weeks ago, that doesn't seem to be the case for the last month. Neither has been "killing it" in August. NYY are 13-11 and Baltimore is 12-14. The worse team the Yankees play is Oakland (58-76), while the Orioles play Colorado (50-85) and CWS (31-104). The best team Baltimore plays is the Yankees the second to last series of the season. It might all come down to that one. Should be an exciting finish.
Your welcome for us taking care of the Birds.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Your welcome for us taking care of the Birds.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Dodgers! I am rooting for the Dodgers even when they don't play one of the AL contenders. I want me another Yankees/Dodgers World Series. There's nothing like an East Coast/West Coast/NY/LA World Series. 4 times LA/NY. The other 7 were subway series.

Yankees/Dodgers 11 times
Four 7-game series
Four 6-game series
Two 5-game series
One sweep.

66 games between them.
NYY 37
LA 29

Can't get more competitive than that. 11 series. Separated by 8 games?

More on this history.

Dodgers at home (19-15)
Yankees at home (22-10)
There have been 23 one-run games (Dodgers 12-11)
In 7 of the 11 series, they were tied at 2 each after 4 games, effectively making it a best of 3. Yankees won 5 of those 7.
They've both come back twice to win after being down 2 games to none.
9 shutouts (NY 5, Dodgers 4); (Last time) 1981 Game Two: NY 3 LA 0....4 were 1-0 (LA 3, NY 1)
10 runs plus 7 times (NY 4, LA 3); Most: Brooklyn 13 runs, game two 1956. Yankees 12 runs, game five 1978.
4 extra inning games. Each won 2.
Like I said, competitive and absolutely exciting.

Last edited: