OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know what’s refreshing? I’ll bet my house Kupp will not be one of those whiny bitches that now demands a new contract that meets or exceeds St Browns. Yeah I’m talking to you Aiyuk (among others).
True but then again what are the chances he retires when this contract is up?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Couple quick comments on the Detroit Lions.

They are very talented ... and young. They are currently in excellent cap shape. The first (and often, 2nd) year of a long-term extension is usually cap-friendly.

Today, the Lions made Amon-Ra St. Brown and Penei Sewell the highest paid WR and OL in the NFL.
Jared Goff is due for an extension that should exceed a quarter of a Billion-$.

Their Window is open right now; and should remain open for the next 2-3 years. After that ...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Couple quick comments on the Detroit Lions.

They are very talented ... and young. They are currently in excellent cap shape. The first (and often, 2nd) year of a long-term extension is usually cap-friendly.

Today, the Lions made Amon-Ra St. Brown and Penei Sewell the highest paid WR and OL in the NFL.
Jared Goff is due for an extension that should exceed a quarter of a Billion-$.

Their Window is open right now; and should remain open for the next 2-3 years. After that ...
That's why we are going to ruin their party!!!!!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They'll franchise tag him in '25 and then he'll re-sign with the Rams when Stafford retires after the '25 season
Wouldnt that be something?
I think they'll end up replacing Goff. For all the accolades I would heap on both Brad and Dan, which are richly deserved for how well they have combined to shape that roster, they still risk being short at QB when everything else "arrives."

And this draft it is unlikely they have a shot at Penix. I think both Penix and Nix will go off that board before Detroit pick. Goff will have this year to show he can get it done but when he inevitably fills his pants in the playoffs and they get eliminated then what's the play. What makes it worse for them is then there is that possibility both Chicago and Minnesota find stud QBs in this draft. If that happens Detroit could end up being that team with the best roster but the worst QB in the division.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read that Trey can't sign a new deal for about 3 more months. He signed an extension and the CBA says you can't sign a new deal for a year after your last deal was signed. Granted he can still be traded and work out a deal with the new team it just can't be official for a few months. Also he's going to want a lot of money but he seems to be worth a raise.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Bengals, Cowboys, Vikings, and Whiners all choking when reading that and having their #1 WRs contracts needing done sooner than later.
Man, some team gonna trade for Aiyuk and be happy to pay 30. I mean, I'd consider doing it for 19 if we had the cash.