OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man, some team gonna trade for Aiyuk and be happy to pay 30. I mean, I'd consider doing it for 19 if we had the cash.
Well, he is a finished and proven product. But, I would give a first round pick up knowing I’d have to pay him. The rookie contract holds greater value than you think it does imo.

Remember, Snead only got the Chiefs a third. There are more good receivers in the draft in the last few years than there have been corners.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Well, he is a finished and proven product. But, I would give a first round pick up knowing I’d have to pay him. The rookie contract holds greater value than you think it does imo.

Remember, Snead only got the Chiefs a third. There are more good receivers in the draft in the last few years than there have been corners.
The contract has great value but that's how good Aiyuk is. Dude is a legit X. Way better than anything you'll draft after the top 3 in this draft. If it weren't for all the weapons the 49ers have this dude would feast even more. I could see the Colts trading for him. Instantly becomes their top receiver.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like it or not Goff is a top 10 NFL QB right now.
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

dang

Legend
The contract has great value but that's how good Aiyuk is. Dude is a legit X. Way better than anything you'll draft after the top 3 in this draft. If it weren't for all the weapons the 49ers have this dude would feast even more. I could see the Colts trading for him. Instantly becomes their top receiver.
Aiyuk is an X but IMO Colts Pittman = 69ers Aiyuk

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Goff a million times better than Penix and Nix
You may be totally right about that. For all his shortcomings, Goff is ACCURATE and is a stud pocket QB. As he matures he's getting more & more experience reading D's, so he won't need to rely as much on the guy talking in his helmet. An accurate QB in the NFL will take more chances downfield & rely less on check-downs -- we KNOW he can get the ball downfield after watching him dismantle KC on MNF.
And at some point, he'll get tired of that monkey on his back & get back into the SB - just not at our expense next time, pls smh.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Obviously we love Stafford but la Hollywood the city where stories are written just a fun post but imagine a scenario where Stafford retires (cringing) and McKay and snead bring goff in to win that next Superbowl bury the hatchet and everything is as it should be they write we got our Superbowl with Staff goff had to grow only to come home and get the Superbowl he deserved. THE END!!!!

No attacks please this is just puppy energy extertion because bored and draft day.

Happy Draft!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Obviously we love Stafford but la Hollywood the city where stories are written just a fun post but imagine a scenario where Stafford retires (cringing) and McKay and snead bring goff in to win that next Superbowl bury the hatchet and everything is as it should be they write we got our Superbowl with Staff goff had to grow only to come home and get the Superbowl he deserved. THE END!!!!

No attacks please this is just puppy energy extertion because bored and draft day.

Happy Draft!
With the current iteration of the Rams offensive line, and running game, I’d say it’s possible that, if given another shot with the Rams, Goff could have more success than he did in his first go round.

The team make up right now is closer to what it was in 2017 up front.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Aiyuk is an X but IMO Colts Pittman = 69ers Aiyuk
Pitman is good but he's a WR 2 I think. I don't know a ton about him but I suspect he's great at beating zone but prob not good enough to beat man or double coverage consitently.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Goff a million times better than Penix and Nix
Currently. There is no telling how they will be in the NFL though. And rookie contracts are nice. Wonder how they feel about Hooker?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Currently. There is no telling how they will be in the NFL though. And rookie contracts are nice. Wonder how they feel about Hooker?
I mean, Goff has accuracy and willingness and ability to throw over the middle that neither Penix nor Nix have. Don't think those things get fixed for those two.

Hooker is probably just a guy, maybe a high end backup. But no clue how these Tennessee guys will aclimate. That offense is so not NFL.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Whitworth with the perspective of how the Bengals like to treat their vets.

View: https://youtu.be/Exs1coUiNTI?si=_ijtvGRjqtFyp2ig

Not a well run team but have some sympathy for them (just a pinch) as some of these mid-market (small market!) teams just don't have the cash to opperate like the Rams.

Yes there's the salary cap but that's funny money a little bit, some teams literally don't have cash on hand to pay contracts or at least put money in escrow for contracts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a well run team but have some sympathy for them (just a pinch) as some of these mid-market (small market!) teams just don't have the cash to opperate like the Rams.

Yes there's the salary cap but that's funny money a little bit, some teams literally don't have cash on hand to pay contracts or at least put money in escrow for contracts.
Have you BEEN to Cincinatti? Yeesh! It's really no wonder they don't have cash.

Psycho_X

Legend

Well, that is true to an extent but Whitworth's problem was their lack of communication and not being straight with him. He essentially had to force them to communicate with him and certain members of the ownership/management group still treated him like an old has been in the end.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Wow hearing these behind the scenes, it makes the win over the Bungles in the SB that much sweeter for Big Whit.

What I really dislike about this story is that if it ain't cool, do not tell anyone "cool." Say something like "all right" or "I get what you're saying", "or I disagree, but"... just never say cool if it's the opposite. Plus they can always say "He said was cool with it."

Just don't be pouring sugar on the sh*t for anyone's benefit.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Well, that is true to an extent but Whitworth's problem was their lack of communication and not being straight with him. He essentially had to force them to communicate with him and certain members of the ownership/management group still treated him like an old has been in the end.
Oh yeah, mine was a tangential point but I'm sure had their money issues been different they may have handled that situation differently too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Have you BEEN to Cincinatti? Yeesh! It's really no wonder they don't have cash.

My maternal great-grandmother lived in Cinci (and my mom has stories about her that would make all of your mouths drop with stunned disbelief). Honestly, I didn't think it was a bad place. The Skyline chili is overrated, but the local ice cream is heavenly.