OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Allbright said it wasn't media.
well in that case it’s likely from another team. Diana Rossini said when she’s talking to a team about their draft plans, that is when she finds out more information about the other teams. GMs are all talking to each other right now, and they speak more freely about what they are hearing from other teams.

I don’t want it to be true. It’s a disappointing outcome, even if it makes perfect sense for the Rams. It even falls in line with my own draft philosophy. If a draft is loaded at a certain position you should draft that position early because a player at 19 in one draft may be a top five in most others.

However, it’s not exciting, it doesn’t address a more dire need, and maybe above all, it doesn’t soften the blow of AD not being on the field in 2024.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Alt by far is the best LT at worst he'd be a average to pro bowl level more realistic he is generational and an all-purpose can't and don't throw that around often this isn't Jason Smith or Greg Robinson.

I mentioned when Demoff made the comments about picks worth cap money and if you trade some picks essentially it saves cap for a player you want. To me that right there was snead with goff speak they are trading up. Now for whom there are ties to Alt in some way according to Jake but maybe Odunze. I've been thinking Odunze this whole time but hear all this and seeing jonah avila dotson big rob id believe the pick is Alt if it plays out where he isn't taken in the top 5 maybe 6. Giants Titan and falcons all open for trade. Obviously Odunze the more glamorous pick but man oh man alt as the LT just put the bubble around Stafford. May extend his career barring something freakish.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
P.s. even if Stafford did retire or god forbid get hurt an average QB with a stellar
o-line can look very good so the aire apparent could develop and ay very well behind a wall should he be an above average QB well then you strike oil. See Brock Purdy (who I'm still not buying hatred for whiners aside)

WestCoastRam

Legend
well in that case it’s likely from another team. Diana Rossini said when she’s talking to a team about their draft plans, that is when she finds out more information about the other teams. GMs are all talking to each other right now, and they speak more freely about what they are hearing from other teams.

I don’t want it to be true. It’s a disappointing outcome, even if it makes perfect sense for the Rams. It even falls in line with my own draft philosophy. If a draft is loaded at a certain position you should draft that position early because a player at 19 in one draft may be a top five in most others.

However, it’s not exciting, it doesn’t address a more dire need, and maybe above all, it doesn’t soften the blow of AD not being on the field in 2024.
Yeah, I'm not even bothering posting what I want anymore. Just posting what's out there and what I think is most likely due to that.

Funny, I'm not that high on Latu but I keep saying he'll be there at 19, I would think people would be happy about that!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Alt by far is the best LT at worst he'd be a average to pro bowl level more realistic he is generational and an all-purpose can't and don't throw that around often this isn't Jason Smith or Greg Robinson.

I mentioned when Demoff made the comments about picks worth cap money and if you trade some picks essentially it saves cap for a player you want. To me that right there was snead with goff speak they are trading up. Now for whom there are ties to Alt in some way according to Jake but maybe Odunze. I've been thinking Odunze this whole time but hear all this and seeing jonah avila dotson big rob id believe the pick is Alt if it plays out where he isn't taken in the top 5 maybe 6. Giants Titan and falcons all open for trade. Obviously Odunze the more glamorous pick but man oh man alt as the LT just put the bubble around Stafford. May extend his career barring something freakish.
Been hearing lately from various podcasts that the NFL is much higher on Latham then we think and he could easily be the 1st OT off the board. If you look at the Chargers, for example, their burning need on the line is at RT. Titans can use either LT or RT. Jets likely want a RT. A lot of the higher picking teams could and may take a guy that has played RT. This could drop Alt into a more feasible trade up position for us.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Been hearing lately from various podcasts that the NFL is much higher on Latham then we think and he could easily be the 1st OT off the board. If you look at the Chargers, for example, their burning need on the line is at RT. Titans can use either LT or RT. Jets likely want a RT. A lot of the higher picking teams could and may take a guy that has played RT. This could drop Alt into a more feasible trade up position for us.
His stock is rising but Alt is plug and play and seems to be busy proof have to say almost but seems to be as sure a thing as you can get. At worst he's a good 8-10 year starter watching his tape never ever on the ground. Latham has potential sure but Alt is superior by far especially at this moment

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
His stock is rising but Alt is plug and play and seems to be busy proof have to say almost but seems to be as sure a thing as you can get. At worst he's a good 8-10 year starter watching his tape never ever on the ground. Latham has potential sure but Alt is superior by far especially at this moment
Honestly, I think it depends on what you are looking for

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see teams liking Latham over Alt, particularly if they need a plug and play RT. Latham played in the SEC too, so he is a bit more battle tested. Also, he is considered to be one of the better run blockers in this draft, something the tenants coach is looking for.

I'm not saying I'd take him over Alt, I wouldn't.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Honestly, I think it depends on what you are looking for
In a way yes but Alt is generational really one of the few no brainwrs Latham can be special but can be is different. Alt could be excuse me while I vomit in my mouth but our Trent Williams

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I could see teams liking Latham over Alt, particularly if they need a plug and play RT. Latham played in the SEC too, so he is a bit more battle tested. Also, he is considered to be one of the better run blockers in this draft, something the tenants coach is looking for.

I like Latham I can't see a universe where any team would choose Latham over Alt if both available same time. Maybe they'd trade down but that wouldn't happen no way

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Teams often do stupid shit in the draft. Happens every year. And taking Latham over Alt would qualify as stupid shit. It is of course possible they both hit big. But I think Alt is a day one LT. Latham there is a bit more projection.

Scouts in the end are very much like us, they are just evaluating with ideal film availability and all the background investigation and medical stuff. And they also know what the coaching staff is prioritizing in terms of traits. But they definitely will differ on these guys just like fans do. Some I am sure will be beating the table for Latham in-house, and maybe they'll be correct, but the draft is about managing risk to some extent and risk comes with projection.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I just listened to Ross Tucker talk about Alt. The one thing he doesn't like about him is that he doesn't physically dominate his opposition. Doesn't try to kill the guy, lacks aggressiveness. Now, he still said he is very good, more of a technician though, but he wishes he had more of a nasty streak.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Latham I can't see a universe where any team would choose Latham over Alt if both available same time. Maybe they'd trade down but that wouldn't happen no way
You can't see Harbaugh beat-to-the-tune-of-his-own-drum and draft the nasty run blocking mammoth Latham over Alt? I certainly could.
I just listened to Ross Tucker talk about Alt. The one thing he doesn't like about him is that he doesn't physically dominate his opposition. Doesn't try to kill the guy, lacks aggressiveness. Now, he still said he is very good, more of a technician though, but he wishes he had more of a nasty streak.
Yes, the opposite is true about Latham. Kiper has also been suggesting that some teams like Latham as the best OT also, for a while now.