OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
10 yrs ago, this weekend, the opening of the college football season, we would already be scouting players for our top 10 draft pick.

Thank goodness that times have changed.
There was an old Calvin and Hobbes comic that came out the 2nd week of the baseball season I'll never forget. Calvin was sitting at a desk with a piece of paper with a big F under the word Math on it and him saying "Just like the Cubs, early in the season and already mathematically eliminated."

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor
Heyyyyyyy…
How come you and @OldSchool aren’t pointing out that I was right?

Lol.. I just hurt myself patting my own back after the Aiyuk deal.

JJ is number one.. as I said he would be.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heyyyyyyy…
How come you and @OldSchool aren’t pointing out that I was right?

Lol.. I just hurt myself patting my own back after the Aiyuk deal.

JJ is number one.. as I said he would be.
LOL you're a clown :D

JJ is as we've both said #1. What you fail to comprehend, as I've said before, is being #1 doesn't mean you will always be the #1 paid. It's just not the way that works. Perfect example

View: https://x.com/NFL_Stats/status/1828923517015822612

Now yes that's just for this season but maybe it helps you understand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This one doesn't make much sense to me. Robinson performed very well in the 3rd WR role and then we also have Tutu, who we never play.
While very good, Stafford probably can be even better with a WR who he can throw those jump ball type passes to down the field like he did to Megatron and Golladay.

I'm beginning to wonder if TuTu is going to risk being a healthy inactive on some gamedays.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
While very good, Stafford probably can be even better with a WR who he can throw those jump ball type passes to down the field like he did to Megatron and Golladay.

I'm beginning to wonder if TuTu is going to risk being a healthy inactive on some gamedays.

I guarantee you that they will find a team that they can trade Atwell to. He's definitely fighting for the #4 receiver job with Whittington.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
LOL you're a clown :D

JJ is as we've both said #1. What you fail to comprehend, as I've said before, is being #1 doesn't mean you will always be the #1 paid. It's just not the way that works. Perfect example

View: https://x.com/NFL_Stats/status/1828923517015822612

Now yes that's just for this season but maybe it helps you understand.

No need to get snippy.. was no WR in this cycle was gonna get more. Period. End of story.

Next offseason is a different story.

Be nice.. I don’t want to have to clip a bunch of quotes, I’m tired.

Memento

Name
Jemma
No, he's not. Different positions.

They both play wide receiver, do they not? Different skill sets, but not different positions.

And the Rams have proven that they don't need to rely on speed to generate big plays. Cooper Kupp never required much speed to make his presence felt. Puka Nacua never required much speed to make his presence felt. Demarcus Robinson, Tyler Johnson, Jordan Whittington, none of them are particularly fast.

Atwell is blazing fast, but he's also quite small and lost the number three job to Robinson about halfway through the 2023 season. Then we drafted Whittington. And Atwell is in the final year of his rookie contract, and I doubt we re-sign him. So why not get something for him, especially if you're going to go big in free agency and potentially the draft?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No need to get snippy.. was no WR in this cycle was gonna get more. Period. End of story.

hahahahahaha

Keep on clowning my brother. And I wasn't trying to be snippy. But when you have to explain the same simple concept to somebody so many times and they seem to refuse to accept something so simple it just gets old. But you keep doing you :D

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
hahahahahaha

Keep on clowning my brother. And I wasn't trying to be snippy. But when you have to explain the same simple concept to somebody so many times and they seem to refuse to accept something so simple it just gets old. But you keep doing you :D
Sigh..

Ability doesn't matter you aren't getting this. It's very simple, the next guy will go for more money this isn't new. We saw it with all the rece t QB contracts what did they go up by $2 million total each new deal? Jefferson will be top paid dog until Hill gets a new deal or Chase or Aiyuk etc etc. It's not a reflection on Jefferson or any of the others it's just the way players and their agents go about business.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
They both play wide receiver, do they not? Different skill sets, but not different positions.

And the Rams have proven that they don't need to rely on speed to generate big plays. Cooper Kupp never required much speed to make his presence felt. Puka Nacua never required much speed to make his presence felt. Demarcus Robinson, Tyler Johnson, Jordan Whittington, none of them are particularly fast.

Atwell is blazing fast, but he's also quite small and lost the number three job to Robinson about halfway through the 2023 season. Then we drafted Whittington. And Atwell is in the final year of his rookie contract, and I doubt we re-sign him. So why not get something for him, especially if you're going to go big in free agency and potentially the draft?
Yes, all WRs.
But WR can be broken down into X, Z, and F (slot).
DRob is X, Kupp is F, Puka is Z.

If DRob goes down, Tutu is the next man up b/c Whittington hasn't even been trained at that position.
If Kupp goes down, it's too soon to say if Tutu or Whittington would be up.
I believe Tyler Johnson is listed behind Nacua....but Atwell can run there, too.

Jourdan has mentioned that it's significant that Tutu is trained at all three positions. Among the depth, he's the only one.

Point is, it's not about #4, #5, or #6 WR. It's about the depth chart, where each depth player has been getting reps at, and which starter they're subbing for.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yes, all WRs.
But WR can be broken down into X, Z, and F (slot).
DRob is X, Kupp is F, Puka is Z.

If DRob goes down, Tutu is the next man up b/c Whittington hasn't even been trained at that position.
If Kupp goes down, it's too soon to say if Tutu or Whittington would be up.
I believe Tyler Johnson is listed behind Nacua....but Atwell can run there, too.

Jourdan has mentioned that it's significant that Tutu is trained at all three positions. Among the depth, he's the only one.

Point is, it's not about #4, #5, or #6 WR. It's about the depth chart, where each depth player has been getting reps at, and which starter they're subbing for.

Whittington has played every WR spot, though. Texas, remember? He stopped playing X after Adonai Mitchell transferred there from Georgia, played F mostly in his senior year, and has played Z and F here.

Obviously, Atwell would be the first man up if Robinson went down, but I guarantee you that it won't stick. He lacks X traits aside from speed, and is far too small and slight to make use of it. Obviously, there would be motions and the like, but teams were prepared for that.

Quite frankly, he lost his job to Robinson at the midpoint of last season, he's obviously not getting it back, and now Whittington is on his heels as well. Of course, Atwell's been trained at all three wide receiver spots: that's the only way he's getting on the field.

I would not be surprised if we dealt him in the final year of his contract, much like we did with Van. That's all I'm saying, and I'm sticking to it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll be honest, I thought you were wrong but you were indeed correct
My bad