OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wow, I’d say the Rams really screwed the pooch on Dicker. They likely get passed the Lions in last years playoffs with him kicking. But then I remembered that they likely wouldn’t have paid him that much this summer. So they’d be back to square one.
They really did whiff on that one.
Who knows how much they may have paid after suffering through kicking issues. Maybe the Matt Gay thing was just timing.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
McVay has been amazing with the coaching staff and rebuilding it nearly every year due to poaching. It’s really quite remarkable.

Special teams though has been the outlier though. It’s like the redheaded step child for McVay. His blind spot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
McVay has been amazing with the coaching staff and rebuilding it nearly every year due to poaching. It’s really quite remarkable.

Special teams though has been the outlier though. It’s like the redheaded step child for McVay. His blind spot.
Definitely.

It appears that he doesn’t want to invest much in ST’s.
Just kick the ball and fair catch.
Don’t get cute.

I somewhat get it though. When it comes to a return game, why invest in a good return player when most plays just get called back anyway.

I would still like to see a dangerous return game, though.
ST’s were exciting when we have had one in the past.
That was a very long time ago, though.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They really did whiff on that one.
Who knows how much they may have paid after suffering through kicking issues. Maybe the Matt Gay thing was just timing.
They had Gay at the time coming off a pro bowl season. Where they supposed to cut Gay and keep Dicker?

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
Definitely.

It appears that he doesn’t want to invest much in ST’s.
Just kick the ball and fair catch.
Don’t get cute.

I somewhat get it though. When it comes to a return game, why invest in a good return player when most plays just get called back anyway.

I would still like to see a dangerous return game, though.
ST’s were exciting when we have had one in the past.
That was a very long time ago, though.
Teams were REALLY good in McVay's first year, 2017.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Remember Bones calling the fake punt deep in RAMS territory in, I believe, the last game of 2019 without running it by McVay?
I do.
McVay was pissed. He didn’t even try to hide his frustration.

I believe, that was the play that McVay lost interest in Bones.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
I do.
McVay was pissed. He didn’t even try to hide his frustration.

I believe, that was the play that McVay lost interest in Bones.
And they weren't going to the playoffs anyway. And, IIRC, the fake worked. I know the RAMS won the game. McVay's hurt butt has possibly hurt ST ever since.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And they weren't going to the playoffs anyway. And, IIRC, the fake worked. I know the RAMS won the game. McVay's hurt butt has possibly hurt ST ever since.
It didn’t work on that play.

I remember McVay went completely unhinged after.