OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes its a stretch but the NFLPA has a past history of suing the NFL for collusion. It wouldn't surprise me if they do play that card. Anyone saying otherwise just needs to research that and they'll see its a hand they've played before. Once again, doubt it'll do anything as well, but saying its something the NFLPA won't do is laughable at best. I also agree that they should definitely take a different approach but I have zero idea what that would be.
The collusion stuff in the past ain’t this and anyone can see it.
It’s kinda like the people who think Trevor Bauer should sue baseball for collusion. Nope.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The collusion stuff in the past ain’t this and anyone can see it.
It’s kinda like the people who think Trevor Bauer should sue baseball for collusion. Nope.
I find it hilarious that you think collusion won't be used again. It's been used more than once by the NFLPA. Why they use it is beyond me because it never works. History has a tendency to be repeated and it'll be used again so nope right back at ya!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I find it hilarious that you think collusion won't be used again. It's been used more than once by the NFLPA. Why they use it is beyond me because it never works. History has a tendency to be repeated and it'll be used again so nope right back at ya!
I just don't see them being able to make a reasonable case that the owners are *specifically* targeting keeping pay down for Running Backs as a position group.
Like Lucious Fox said... "Good luck..."

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I just don't see them being able to make a reasonable case that the owners are *specifically* targeting keeping pay down for Running Backs as a position group.
I totally agree with them not being able to successfully use it. It's crazy that they do honestly but they do nonetheless. I've said countless times, I have no idea how they'll tackle the pay discrepancy cuz some other position will always be shorted pay wise. Only ones that'll never bitch about pay or that no one will ever care about are kickers :laugh1::laugh2:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winston is an idiot (so doubt the Rams are interested in him) but gotta say the dude can put the ball down the field the way McVay prefers.
And at a mere 1.2 mill salary he’s awfully cheap.
Will never happen but its a shame that arm talent never really had a good coaching situation

jjab360

Legend
All they have to do is show the stats on how fast RBs regress at a young age to prove why paying RBs is too risky for some teams.

I do think it's not really fair for the guys who take the most punishment to get paid the least, but idk if that's a fixable problem without giving RBs special treatment.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
All they have to do is show the stats on how fast RBs regress at a young age to prove why paying RBs is too risky for some teams.

I do think it's not really fair for the guys who take the most punishment to get paid the least, but idk if that's a fixable problem without giving RBs special treatment.
Yeah.. in another post I suggested some ideas for compensating RBs differently... I think that certain touch thresholds should trigger significant compensation boosts for RBs. Now.. that might disincentivize teams from using that RB too much.. but that, theoretically, should allow them to play longer and make more $$.
It would have to be a creative formula.. but, goddamn... RBs are fun as hell when they're good and should be compensated in a way that reflects the nature of the position.

Psycho_X

Legend

Ezekiel Elliott upon hearing the news...
1724857095471.png