OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's a nice dice roll right there by the Boys.
I've found myself very much in agreement with the vast majority of your takes lately, but I don't see it on this one.
Couldn't do anything much with Baltimore.. I just think he's lost a step and doesn't have much to offer.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've found myself very much in agreement with the vast majority of your takes lately, but I don't see it on this one.
Couldn't do anything much with Baltimore.. I just think he's lost a step and doesn't have much to offer.
I think there is a chance his ego has been sufficiently crushed, and he's going to come in there and work hard to be part of that rotation. We'll see how it goes. I see it as a dice roll, which is to say it is by no means a given, but on the good end he is potentially a good depth addition.

Psycho_X

Legend
For easier viewing. Patriots claimed Zach Thomas god damnt.

1724863656820.png

1724863624330.png

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, between Schrader and Gallimore, we will have two release two players ... Durden and Neal?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is like the perfect fit and probably was the missing piece for the Lions. Just wow. They need a guy who can do some dirty work from like the Z. Hard to say that about a cut but really only thing missing from DET was a competent WR who could do some things Reynolds did for them.
Yeah.. that couldn't have worked out better for the Lions.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah.. in another post I suggested some ideas for compensating RBs differently... I think that certain touch thresholds should trigger significant compensation boosts for RBs. Now.. that might disincentivize teams from using that RB too much.. but that, theoretically, should allow them to play longer and make more $$.
It would have to be a creative formula.. but, goddamn... RBs are fun as hell when they're good and should be compensated in a way that reflects the nature of the position.
That'll never fly as far as compensation based on touch threshold as I agree that teams would purposely be influenced by that and use them sparingly at times. I agree RBs are entertaining as hell though. That's why I kep saying I really dont know how to fix that area because I'm not sure there is a fix honestly. I do appreciate you throwing an idea out there though. Definitely a tough ass and undervalued position to play. The ultimate position that shows players that they should get as much as they can because running backs rarely get a big 2nd contract.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were a lot of people on this board pounding the table for this guy. Ultra productive.. He fits their current RB profile perfectly and cost them nothing AND returns kicks. Win, win, win.
I think @Memento wanted him to come to the Rams pretty badly ...

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There were a lot of people on this board pounding the table for this guy. Ultra productive.. He fits their current RB profile perfectly and cost them nothing AND returns kicks. Win, win, win.
Doesn't ever hurt to kick the tires but to me, Schrader is nothing to get excited about. A very meh signing.