OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jefferson 4 years $140m, $110m guaranteed.

Lamb 4 years $136m, $100m guaranteed.

Yeah they're close enough the next one will go over it
Point of that comment was people thought nobody would come close and now we have that and soon we'll have one beat it

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Point of that comment was people thought nobody would come close and now we have that and soon we'll have one beat it

I don't think teams will pay good wrs more than the superstars. Aiyuk can't even get close.

It's different than qbs. Plenty of wrs available. There aren't enough good qbs to start on every team. So when a team finds a half decent one they must keep him. As much as it hurts to pay him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Chase will definitely beat this. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. Not saying its the best money spent, but that's the market.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think teams will pay good wrs more than the superstars. Aiyuk can't even get close.

It's different than qbs. Plenty of wrs available. There aren't enough good qbs to start on every team. So when a team finds a half decent one they must keep him. As much as it hurts to pay him.

I don't believe you can blanket statement this happening. It depends on who is on that teams roster. Some teams don't have a QB to pay money too so its gotta go somewhere. However a QB should always trump a WR unless that team doesn't think the QB is the one which just might be the case with Dak Prescott.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
From the little I’ve heard the numbers aren’t even close to Lambs or Jeffersons because of the numbers (stats) alone. I think what was reported the whiners were at 25 and Aiyuk 28. So not crazy apart. How true that is no one knows right now.
I'm just wondering if that might push the whiners to his number, based on other WR's huge contracts. Ultimately, I hope he gets traded because he is there most talented WR and I'd rather he leaves.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
From the little I’ve heard the numbers aren’t even close to Lambs or Jeffersons because of the numbers (stats) alone. I think what was reported the whiners were at 25 and Aiyuk 28. So not crazy apart. How true that is no one knows right now.
I’ve seen in print more than once that the 9ers offered $26mil/per but ayuck turned it down, thinking he could get more. It looks like he’s holding out for $30 mil, but that ship has sailed. The 9ers want the trading team to throw in a top WR from their team AND a 1rst round pick. It’s as if they really don’t want to trade him because no GM in his right mind is gonna give all of that up AND pay the $30mil.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I’ve seen in print more than once that the 9ers offered $26mil/per but ayuck turned it down, thinking he could get more. It looks like he’s holding out for $30 mil, but that ship has sailed. The 9ers want the trading team to throw in a top WR from their team AND a 1rst round pick. It’s as if they really don’t want to trade him because no GM in his right mind is gonna give all of that up AND pay the $30mil.
49ers might have to prepare themselves for him to sit half a season before he comes back to avoid losing a credited season. Unless they give in and pay him what he wants. At this point I'm not sure they will. And who knows what he really wants. I have a feeling the biggest obstacle is the guaranteed money. They probably don't want to guarantee as much as he wants them to.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Lol. If teams are spending to the Cap limits, the NFLPA couldnt cry collusion.
Remember the RBs cried about this same very thing. Not saying how it would play out as I truly don't know, but it eould be interesting to see all the narratives that come to the fore forefront

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just looking at it from an outsider ( which I am the farthest outsider there is with the 49ers), Aiyuk's team must love Lamb's new deal. I doubt they budge now unless he wants to be a 49er. Someone (team) is going to pay him an insane amount of cash IMO.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Former Rams QB John Wolford got released by Tampa Bay.
McVay right now...
waynes-world.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember the RBs cried about this same very thing. Not saying how it would play out as I truly don't know, but it eould be interesting to see all the narratives that come to the fore forefront
The can cry all they want, but it still cant be considered collusion if the owners are spending to the cap limits. The NFLPA represents all of the players so in order to argue one position is paid less intentionally, the solution would be to pay them more which would require paying others less... Again, the pie is only so big, and since the teams all push the limits of the cap there really cant be collusion against any position.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The can cry all they want, but it still cant be considered collusion if the owners are spending to the cap limits. The NFLPA represents all of the players so in order to argue one position is paid less intentionally, the solution would be to pay them more which would require paying others less... Again, the pie is only so big, and since the teams all push the limits of the cap there really cant be collusion against any position.
Trust me, I don't disagree with you that it won't make a difference, but I do see that happening since it already happened with the running backs. The NFLPA would definitely use that narrative though even though it can't be proven. For me personally it would just be funny to see.

Psycho_X

Legend

Was wondering since he played a lot in the last preseason game for Texans if he wasn't making it. At least we got to move our 7th to a 6th rounder in 2026. Will see what kind of pay off that has. Worst case scenario if he stays available we can always grab him in an emergency WR situation during the season since he can step in immediately and know the system.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Was wondering since he played a lot in the last preseason game for Texans if he wasn't making it. At least we got to move our 7th to a 6th rounder in 2026. Will see what kind of pay off that has. Worst case scenario if he stays available we can always grab him in an emergency WR situation during the season since he can step in immediately and know the system.
PS candidate

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Agreed.
When I saw that he was wearing #26 I started to have doubts.