OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will be interesting to see Seumalo's price tag. Hoping the Steelers are way high, i.e. we got priced out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bradford's biggest pillar was money. Boy raided this league like a boat full of Vikings.
He just took what the league had set up.

If it wasn’t for shitty management and an injury on a late hit out of bounds his career with the Rams could have been totally different.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford's biggest pillar was money. Boy raided this league like a boat full of Vikings.

It's not his fault teams kept throwing money at him. Why aren't you angry at the Rams for screwing him with an abysmal surrounding cast?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pretty wild. Former Ram Cody Davis is still going. Not bad for an UDFA in 2013.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they tank the season and it equals Caleb Williams or Drake Maye, then I’d be alright with it, despite 2023 not being a fun season to watch.

The Rams started 7-1 in 2021 with virtually this same offense minus Whitworth. I get that's a big loss, don't get me wrong.

But going from that to even referencing tanking the season is just bizarre. This offense could average 28 next year and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising. And we still have AD, along with an easier schedule.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Brandin Cooks traded to Dallas.

Thank God my best friend is a Dallas fan, may have to watch them with him and skip the Rams games. Haha.

Psycho_X

Legend
Pretty wild. Former Ram Cody Davis is still going. Not bad for an UDFA in 2013.

Yeah that's crazy, had to look up his career earnings on spotrac... he's made over $15 million in his career for someone who has averaged 11 tackles a season. I'd take that career.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He just took what the league had set up.

If it wasn’t for shitty management and an injury on a late hit out of bounds his career with the Rams could have been totally different.

It's not his fault teams kept throwing money at him. Why aren't you angry at the Rams for screwing him with an abysmal surrounding cast?

I knew I'd get some bites on that one. :beer2: :part:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams started 7-1 in 2021 with virtually this same offense minus Whitworth. I get that's a big loss, don't get me wrong.

But going from that to even referencing tanking the season is just bizarre. This offense could average 28 next year and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising. And we still have AD, along with an easier schedule.
Totally agree
I hope the league underestimates this team as much as many of the posters do. Lol

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
He was the Director of College Scouting. And, you are saying he just had an opinion on players they should draft? Doesn't sound right to me. Can you clarify?
Now a days NFL front offices aren't all built the same like they used to be a lot more simplistic. Today most teams have between 2-6 Directors within Player Personnel, honestly I haven't kept track of every single year and the coming and goings with all those under Les Snead so 2 years ago he could have been the only Director under Snead, but I do find that to be highly unlikely. (especially how our FO has been setup since the first year with McVay/Snead)

Here is a list of everybody directly under Snead today including two Directors:

Screenshot (9).png

Here is a list from 2020 of 5 teams FO setups.

Screenshot (10).png

I absolutely hate arguments that are solely based from a 'Position of Authority' in which a person says their word is law because of a title or whatever they claim makes them the Authority on a subject. They still have to showcase facts and examples which I did above.

Even in the Late 00's when I was thinking about getting into scouting this is what was very similar minus the analytic people and there wasn't just 'one' person just to give yes or no answers to the GM like I've read a lot on this site think there is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Totally agree
I hope the league underestimates this team as much as many of the posters do. Lol
I just don’t see 28 ppg with a defense that isn’t likely to stop anyone. Those long slow drives brought on by the match quarters defense eat a lot of clock

Plus we don’t know what the plan with the Oline is. If we are going to rely on the same injury prone players we could be looking at 2/5ths - 3/5th of the line playing musical chairs again.

A lot of people complained that Stafford threw to Kupp too much and didn’t look for ARob. That’s because Kupp was always the number 1 read and that was the only read Stafford had time to make. We could be looking at the same situation. Until we see a new plan at Oline it’s just wishful thinking that the offense will be in the top 5.

Tano

Legend

Whitworth is a huge loss.

Edwards is done. Too many concussions.

I don't trust Allen to stay healthy the entire year.

I like Shelton but he will become a so so center when Allen inevitably gets hurt.

Havenstein is losing a step and is not the same as he was in 21 plus he didn't have to worry about the RG with Corbett next to him.

Robinson is no Woods right now (and we might trade him) and we don't have OBJ.

Higbee is getting too old to play every play.

And Kupp will be triple teamed if we let Robinson go.

And we don't have the NE Running back who played extremely well for us during the year.

I have hope that Akers has returned to form though.

Stafford's injury is extremely concerning (and that is the biggest reason our offense will be nowhere close to 21's offense).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those long slow drives brought on by the match quarters defense eat a lot of clock
Quarters isn't the problem Elm. It's a great scheme to get off the field because it's tough on QBs.

The problem is our corners can't cover for shit. And our safeties are stupid and confused. Morris called shit like a coward, but maybe there was a reason for that. Maybe he knew his corners needed that cushion to avoid giving up TDs.

If they don't address the secondary we're up shit creek, barring a situation where they find an edge that dominates next to AD. So I figure they're gonna do that and grab some rotational hard-working types for edge who can stop the run. Goal is to cover well enough for AD to get home.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Totally agree
Also agree if the Rams can just keep Stafford & Akers healthy and add a decent offensive lineman or two!

I definitely think we will see the FIRE in McVay (And, Stafford!) that we saw during their Super Bowl RUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.