OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Oh I'm not talking about the plan but specifically about 23. I get the plan but it includes taking some whoopings this coming year unfortunately.
Trying to retool a while defense and most of a team with mid round picks and cheap FAs for this year and a few pricey FA next year and more mid round picks just seems like a 3 year plan to me.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
While I'm bummed as a lot of us are I'm still going to wait to see this through. I cannot accept a forfeit of an entire season or waste of 3 hall of fame players. Obviously we may have to accept it but I would be very bitter with fielding a shit team. Will always be a fan but will lose respect for the regime. I have to believe there'sore to it. It was a bad season injuries personal loss etc. But remodel or tearing it down to the studs it's pretty shitty. I hope they clean up on secondary free agents to put around those 3 core players if not just trade them or get 2 out of 3 to just retire. While I'm trying to keep the faith I can't help but wonder why such an overhaul and on defense to boot.

Also I'd be ok with winning 45-42 every week but not seeing and key additions there where I think we could score over 20 PTS especially no faith in the o-line.

That said after the rant I feel better and will try to continue to have faith.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Trying to retool a while defense and most of a team with mid round picks and cheap FAs for this year and a few pricey FA next year and more mid round picks just seems like a 3 year plan to me.
It all depends on how they hit on those low draft picks and how our young players develop. 3 years isn't really out of the question and pretty likely if we don't see anything from our youngsters.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So are there folks out there still thinking some of us are overreacting? I don't think we've ever had this much turnover in one season.
Absolutely! We've won the SB more recently than any of our division rivals and we'll win it again before any of them. No room or need for all this drama. There's literally pissing and moaning in every thread every day around here.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Absolutely! We've won the SB more recently than any of our division rivals and we'll win it again before any of them. No room or need for all this drama. There's literally pissing and moaning in every thread every day around here.
SF will be the next to win it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Another thing yes you better draft well but when was the last time a team went out signed a bunch of free agents and it worked???? That too is a dangerous game we as fans have seen that play out bad many times over.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Really? So people can't be bummed about the 23 sucking ass cuz they care about the team doing well every year no matter how unrealistic that is. It's called venting and everyone has a right to comment how they want. I feel bummed that we have 2 awesome legendary Rams in Kupp and Donald that are essentially looking at a down year. Don't like it, don't read it or react to it. Pretty simple. Funny don't piss and moan but you do the same in your reaction. Ok, do you buddy :laugh3:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Really? So people can't be bummed about the 23 sucking ass cuz they care about the team doing well every year no matter how unrealistic that is. It's called venting and everyone has a right to comment how they want. I feel bummed that we have 2 awesome legendary Rams in Kupp and Donald that are essentially looking at a down year. Don't like it, don't read it or react to it. Pretty simple. Funny don't piss and moan but you do the same in your reaction. Ok, do you buddy :laugh3:

Yea I agree and I will always remember our superbowl and will always be grateful but as fans we experience the highs together and celebrate and discuss and as fans we also experience the lows and discuss and vent about that. Isnt that what a fan is?

Fan short for Fanatic.

Lastly that's what the board is for lolol. @OldSchool you truly a great poster a great fan and a damn smart one but I'm surprised you of everyone feel that way unless your just showing your frustration differently lol

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Unfortunately they released him, so no comp pick....

We didn't release A'Shawn. There's still a possibility for a compensatory pick, depending on how much he's signed for.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Add to all the retooling, Donald will probably be gone next year (keeps taking about retiring), Kupp and Staford will be getting over the hill.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We've hit the iceberg, are sinking quickly, and just discovered there are only enough lifeboats for one third of the passengers. But maybe we'll all be rescued...
Nah, they are avoiding the iceberg by slowing down, which will lose them this race, but will allow them to race again another day.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've hit the iceberg, are sinking quickly, and just discovered there are only enough lifeboats for one third of the passengers. But maybe we'll all be rescued...
Don't forget Les & Sean rearranging the deck chairs. :laugh2:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Maybe I’m just drinking too much Koolaid, but I’m seeing a 2 year plan.

1) the Rams could have kept Ramsey and designated Floyd and Wagner as post June 1rst cuts and split the cost between this year and next.
2) instead, the Rams took a massive dead cap hit THIS year and have a lot of $$ to spend NEXT year.
3) they have premium picks in next year’s draft that they can use OR TRADE.
4) yeah, they aren’t gonna be spending much this year on FA, but they have already seen scott and gay sign elsewhere. There’s still Gaines, ARob, and Rapp who will probably walk. That means comp picks.

We just have to get through ‘23.
Development from our second year DBs and a solid draft…
We pull a Costanza, “I’m back, baby!”

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Stafford, Kupp & AD take a year off backpacking in Europe. 0-17 and select QB #1 in 2024 draft. Spend in FA and let stafford and AD have one last hurrah in 2024. Stafford and AD retire after 2024 season. New QBs sits behind Stafford in 2024 and takes over in 2025.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
A question was asked and I answered it. If you don't want answers different from your own maybe don't ask questions. I feel great knowing that two great Rams won a Super Bowl and there are many many other great Rams that didn't and some that never even got a chance. I'll celebrate that instead of piss and moan about 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.