OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Taylor Rapp to the Bills. There goes another one agreeing to a 1 year contract. That is a big theme this offseason. Everyone wants a crack at the cap mula the Rams will have in '24!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bills love themselves some ex-Rams.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Taylor Rapp is latest former Super Bowl player to leave Rams, signs with Bills​

Story by Kenneth Arthur • 1h ago

The Los Angeles Rams are not cleaning house...they’re letting a monsoon through the front door and washing out the furniture through the backdoor. Without making any moves in free agency, the Rams have decided to let other teams do their bidding for them and opted to not sign a single 2023 free agent. The latest to leave is safety Taylor Rapp, who signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills on Monday after a four-year career with the Rams.
Taylor Rapp is latest former Super Bowl player to leave Rams, signs with Bills
Taylor Rapp is latest former Super Bowl player to leave Rams, signs with Bills© Photo by Steph Chambers/Getty Images
Rapp made 48 starts for the Rams after being a second round pick in 2019 and he was also on the Super Bowl team in 2021.

Though Rapp missed the first three playoff games that year, he returned in time for L.A.’s Super Bowl win over the Cincinnati Bengals. Of the 17 Rams to play on defense in that game, Rapp is now the 14th to officially leave the team. Aaron Donald and Ernest Jones are the only two left on the roster, while A’Shawn Robinson continues to be a free agent.
Does anyone actually believe that L.A. will bring him back?
The Rams have four safeties left on the roster: Russ Yeast, Jordan Fuller, Quentin Lake, and Richard LeCounte III. Nick Scott signed with the Bengals this offseason. There is a clear need in the draft and I’m sure L.A. will address it, but without signing any free agents or making any additions outside of acquiring tight end Hunter Long in the Jalen Ramsey trade, the Rams are left with nothing but needs.
Nothing but needs. Everywhere.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Brad Holmes was some sort of mastermind, why is it that none of the guys drafted under his watch have migrated over to Detroit?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
If Brad Holmes was some sort of mastermind, why is it that none of the guys drafted under his watch have migrated over to Detroit?
I don't get the Brad Holmes angle so many talk about. I do think he was great at what he did and earned a better job with the Lions, but this, "Anything that turned out good = Brad Holmes" is in line with Standard Thinking Universally Providing Instantly Dumb results.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
People crowning Detroit a bit early tbh. I like Brad, I like the way they're building the roster, and I like most of the staff but maybe they should win something before we start saying Brad is better than a GM that has produced a Super Bowl winner.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Rams have four safeties left on the roster: Russ Yeast, Jordan Fuller, Quentin Lake, and Richard LeCounte III. Nick Scott signed with the Bengals this offseason. There is a clear need in the draft and I’m sure L.A. will address it, but without signing any free agents or making any additions outside of acquiring tight end Hunter Long in the Jalen Ramsey trade, the Rams are left with nothing but needs.
Nothing but needs. Everywhere.

Yeah yeah. Bet this dude didn't even know who Nick Scott was before he signed.

People crowning Detroit a bit early tbh. I like Brad, I like the way they're building the roster, and I like most of the staff but maybe they should win something before we start saying Brad is better than a GM that has produced a Super Bowl winner.

I hope they fall flat on their fuckin faces. I was and still am pissed at all the love and affection they are giving a team for finally getting over fuckin .500 all the while slamming the Rams "oh Detriot thanks LA for the draft picks hurrr hurr hurr" and straight up brushing aside the Super Bowl win.

As if a Lombardi Trophy doesn't mean anything. Fuck that. I hope the other NFCN teams romp em.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah yeah. Bet this dude didn't even know who Nick Scott was before he signed.

I hope they fall flat on their fuckin faces. I was and still am pissed at all the love and affection they are giving a team for finally getting over fuckin .500 all the while slamming the Rams "oh Detriot thanks LA for the draft picks hurrr hurr hurr" and straight up brushing aside the Super Bowl win.

As if a Lombardi Trophy doesn't mean anything. Fuck that. I hope the other NFCN teams romp em.
If it ain't the Rams, fuck em!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Merlin always hated me and Brad" ~ JG

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Love this! Makes too much sense they should have done it years ago. Now the next thing IMO will be expand the rosters.
If you remember the old films of the start of LeMans......everybody running for their cars and racing off.....that's what the NFL is going to be like after cutdowns!!!!! 37 guys (give or take) from each team (1184) hitting free agency at the same time. WOW!!! That's gonna be fun to watch!!!!

Psycho_X

Legend

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Holmes just signed two better corners, a better slot back, and a better running back than any the Rams had or have. Rams could really have used any or all of those players. Now the Lions are chasing Calais Campbell. And they still have cap space and two first and two second round picks. They will get a top defensive player at pick no. 6. Rams would kill to be in their shoes right now.

As for players drafted by the Rams... Holmes did get Goff, who has shown that he is still the player who took the Rams to the Super Bowl.

No, the Lions haven't won anything yet. But Holmes, Campbell and Goff have turned the team around. And I'm not the only one who thinks so-- the Lions are now a preferred destination for free agents (such as Philly back C. J. Gardner-Johnson, the no. 11 ranked free agent.)

Anyone care to bet against them in the NFC Central? Not me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Holmes just signed two better corners, a better slot back, and a better running back than any the Rams had or have. Rams could really have used any or all of those players. Now the Lions are chasing Calais Campbell. And they still have cap space and two first and two second round picks. They will get a top defensive player at pick no. 6. Rams would kill to be in their shoes right now.

You are talking about CJ Gardener Johnson and who else? Cam Sutton? Emmanuel Moseley? That's the bar right now? Historically the Rams have been good at draft DBs and finding guys undrafted so why would they chase these guys in the first place?

Calais Campbell, isn't he like 40? This isn't 2013.

Also are you referring to David Montgomery? He's not better than Cam Akers. Couple things there...David Montgomery was outplayed by Khahil Herbert. Detroit didn't want to give Jamaal his contract demands, so they signed a guy to replace him, simple as that. More so, they signed a guy because so far D'Andre Swift (easily the most talented guy) hasn't worked due to injury. Let's not over value a slightly above average RB like David Montgomery. I think the Bears aren't gonna lose sleep over him...i actually think they're gonna take the Texas RB but thats a different subject.

And no the Rams wouldn't "kill" to be in their shoes. Can't imagine the conversation like this...

Sean: "Hey Les, I know we got a Super Bowl and all, but man wouldn't it be awesome to have the 6th pick right now?

Les: "But Sean, the 6th pick is only there because we stunk. Which is something we weren't expecting...a lot of things went wrong to be at 6."

Sean: "I knoooowww but it would be so awesome!"

Les: "Sean, I made the trades to win a title. Those things are hard enough to win, but we did and now it'll be forever in history long after we're gone."

Sean: "But the Lions have it now! Oh gosh darn it, they are gonna make headlines in April."

Les: "April....my focus is on September. And so should yours. More so actually."

One bad season isn't gonna deter our guys.

As for players drafted by the Rams... Holmes did get Goff, who has shown that he is still the player who took the Rams to the Super Bowl.

I'll admit i grilled the shit out of him and to his credit got a lot better last year. I still think he's a "perfect conditions" guy. The ultimate "if, then" QB. We'll see how he does when everything isn't perfect.

No, the Lions haven't won anything yet. But Holmes, Campbell and Goff have turned the team around. And I'm not the only one who thinks so-- the Lions are now a preferred destination for free agents (such as Philly back C. J. Gardner-Johnson, the no. 11 ranked free agent.)

CJ Gardner Johnson is a decent player. But being ranked No. 11 (or 7 on NFL.com) in FA this year isn't anything to brag about. Guys like Daniel Jones are on the top 10 on those lists.

CJ wanted to get paid the big bucks, no one bit, and then Philly re-signed their top 2 CBs. CJ had to take less money w/ the Lions. I think he's the equivalent of Nickel-Robey Coleman. Let's not act like the Lions signed Darrelle Revis and Jalen Ramsey.

NFC Central?? The Bears have gotten better. The Vikings have gotten better. It's not gonna be an easy road for them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holmes just signed two better corners, a better slot back, and a better running back than any the Rams had or have
Why are you quoting me?
I'm talking about the players he gets the credit for. He wasnt the GM here, he was a scout. And yet he doesnt want the guys the Rams drafted. He's doing an amazing job in Detroit, I think its great. But the idea that has been floated that he was some sort of mastermind here is laughable
Oh, and Fisher hand picked Goff

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams hadn't won anything until McSnead came in and Holmes was a scout. This fascination with dumping on Snead is fascinating for a guy who build a Super Bowl winner. Then we can get into people giving Holmes all the credit for any good draft picks and ignore any bad picks at the same time makes absolutely no sense.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The best pick Holmes has made in two years is Amon-Ra St. Brown. First and second round picks like Hutchinson, Jameson, Sewell and Paschal are no brainers. Three drafted in the first 12 slots and the other before the middle of the 2nd round. St. Brown was a 4th round pick and for that, he deserves kudos. This year, he's got 3 of the first 46 picks and should bring in some more talent. If he makes the Lions contenders every year, or wins a Superbowl he will deserve the accolades. And he still won't have done what Snead has. Snead has had 6 drafts with McVay, going into his 7th without a pick in the 1st round. The highest selection Snead has made is 44 way back in 2017. The last 5 years his highest pick used was #53. That's 21 slots into the second. In four other drafts 89, 61, 57 and 103 were his first picks, the very bottom of the 2nd or later. That's because the Rams have traded away picks but also because they've been successful and pick lower in the rounds. Think about that for a second.....Holmes, in 2 years has made 5 picks in top 50 and he'll get 3 more this year. Snead? None the last 5 years and finally this year he'll get one. So before we go awarding Holmes executive of the year, let's see how it plays out in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.