OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That may not have been his fault, but the fact that Stafford won't throw to him doesn't make ARob an effective receiver for the Rams. He's also just too slow. Rams imo need a playmaker with speed and ability to get open who can threaten a defense.
If a WR is open, he’s open.

If Stafford sees him open then he should throw him the damned ball.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I was rewatching the Carolina and SF game yesterday........to see how terrible Derion Kendricks was (I didn't see it)......but Robinson and Stafford hooked up a number of times. ARob made a couple of tough catches and looked quite good. Thrown to 13 times in those 2 games, 10 receptions 117 yards.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I do find former college-starting LT Zac Thomas interesting.

The former 2022 Bears 5th rd selection has his injury-free rookie season behind him now & might be a good fit to fight over the LG vacancy. I do not see any comments in ROD on Thomas other than you & me.
I’m not all that familiar with him. If he were to pan out, then he’d need to make a big jump in his game this summer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Agreed. Though if Stafford has 1.2 seconds to get rid of it before the rush arrives it is hard to fault him if he isn't sure the WR knows what he is doing. If that is what was going on, which I suspect.

He does need to play better though, no doubt.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't recall who had the metric, but it showed that ARob was one of the most open receivers in the league last year. Stafford just had eyes for Kupp only. Most of that blame lies with the OL and Lord Evans, but, it does show that ARob is actually a good #2. Staff just needs to look for him.

The only thing I can think of regarding this narrative is he was open too late or in the wrong spot.

QB’s favorite WR is an open one.

Tano

Legend
The only thing I can think of regarding this narrative is he was open too late or in the wrong spot.

QB’s favorite WR is an open one.
It was time. I watched those games closely and Kupp was almost always the first read and Stafford would throw it to Kupp because he had no time to look for Robinson.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would take them all back, but I believe it will be Perkins (proving @OldSchool correct), Copeland, Haley & just to give us some hope after they trade Robinson, Beckham & Johnson. Again, seems that the Beckham thing is taking this long for a reason, otherwise I believe he would have signed elsewhere.
OBJ wants too much for his age and his body. He and his agent need to take a good whiff of reality. He’s not that guy that played in New York anymore.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OBJ wants too much for his age and his body. He and his agent need to take a good whiff of reality. He’s not that guy that played in New York anymore.
I agree, but he's sure hanging around. Overall, if he signs elsewhere I won't shed a tear, just shocked nothing has happened yet on his front.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OBJ LOVER!
Not sure how it will play out, but if they trade Robinson and then somehow get OBJ on a one year deal I will be good before the total reconstruction coming in 2024.
11684750.jpg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
WOW, 30m+ for a RT!? Am I reading that right? That would put him at the highest paid non QB correct?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait...wasn't there cap issues w/ Philly? I don't recall them seeing in the top 10 lists. That's why they weren't gonna re-sign Darius Slay, keep only James Bradberry, and now this?

CAP space. More manipulated than hippies at Whole Foods.
It's an extension to lower his cap hit this year something we've done a ton too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Wait...wasn't there cap issues w/ Philly? I don't recall them seeing in the top 10 lists. That's why they weren't gonna re-sign Darius Slay, keep only James Bradberry, and now this?

CAP space. More manipulated than hippies at Whole Foods.
They added multiple void yrs to the contracts of the vets they re-signed. They are all in, but will pay a price in 25 & 26'.

Status
Not open for further replies.