OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? Dude has 9.5 sacks in 4 years and we just cut a guy averaging that per year.
Apparently he had the third highest pressure rate in the NFL last year. I think Floyd's biggest criticism was that his sacks came in volume but his pressure rate was mediocre if I remember correctly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to mention both Lewis and Rochell picks were high reward picks. If they work out, we hit on much higher round talent. I'm not upset with either of those picks. Rochell still has a chance to be good too.
And we shouldn't be down on the Rochell pick just yet he's still very young and on his rookie deal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently he had the third highest pressure rate in the NFL last year. I think Floyd's biggest criticism was that his sacks came in volume but his pressure rate was mediocre if I remember correctly.
Still a big overpay imo for Obo.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not to mention both Lewis and Rochell picks were high reward picks. If they work out, we hit on much higher round talent. I'm not upset with either of those picks. Rochell still has a chance to be good too.
He needs to quit with the high potential and the injury risk type picks. Just focus on guys that can come in and contribute, who fit the scheme.

In today's league a draft pick who takes three years to figure out wtf is going on might not be a miss, but you're not getting full return on the draft capital. So the goal is to find someone who can perform a specific role for most or all of that first contract window. The more you can do that the better.

And of course try to find elite players. And Les has done that with Donald, Kupp, Gurley, etc. But IMO he does need to do better and this particular offseason he needs to hit on a few players in this draft class by finding starters who instantly provide that return.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He needs to quit with the high potential and the injury risk type picks. Just focus on guys that can come in and contribute, who fit the scheme.

In today's league a draft pick who takes three years to figure out wtf is going on might not be a miss, but you're not getting full return on the draft capital. So the goal is to find someone who can perform a specific role for most or all of that first contract window. The more you can do that the better.

And of course try to find elite players. And Les has done that with Donald, Kupp, Gurley, etc. But IMO he does need to do better and this particular offseason he needs to hit on a few players in this draft class by finding starters who instantly provide that return.
I absolutely agree. Project picks needs to be late 4th rounders and lower from now on.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I hope so! :D Actually I was more thinking about some of the good 3rd round picks we've spent. Like Ernest Jones, Burgess (who gave us some good play), D Hendo, Kupp, JJ3, Higbeast was a 4th and others. People like to talk shit but they ignore the good in the process. No GM anywhere is perfect hitting on all picks. But ours built a Super Bowl winner at least.
They should all be perfect dammit, quit pissing on my pissy pants parade!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Probably right. That's free agency for ya though. And it's probably a bit of a projection. Maybe he's a 10 sack guy next to Garrett.
He would flash as a Ram & then get hurt. Now that he is 100% healthy & more experience he is proving himself.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would flash as a Ram & then get hurt. Now that he is 100% healthy & more experience he is proving himself.
Yeah Texans fans were upset that they didn't match this.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sam Darnold to the 49ers. Takes them out of the Baker running.

I want to laugh at that and post the Mr. Burns "Excellent" GIF, although there is always a nagging fear in the back of my mind that someone like him will finally turn it around with them. Hope not.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah Texans fans were upset that they didn't match this.
Was watching him as a Ram in training camp. 2021 you’d see 45 in the backfield.I’d always double check to see who that guy was.OBO had LBEr speed.He found a niche of beat the O’Lineman & then attack the QB.
His pass rush skills seemed different than just a pure edge rusher.
He got a ring with The Rams

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was watching him as a Ram in training camp. 2021 you’d see 45 in the backfield.I’d always double check to see who that guy was.OBO had LBEr speed.He found a niche of beat the O’Lineman & then attack the QB.
His pass rush skills seemed different than just a pure edge rusher.
He got a ring with The Rams
Yeah I miss the guy and I moss depth on the defensive line honestly. The early Rams years where we had 5 pass rushers was fun.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I miss the guy and I moss depth on the defensive line honestly. The early Rams years where we had 5 pass rushers was fun.

2019 Clay Matthews use to get after the QB as well.He played a few LBEr spots,but having Fowler on the other side with Donald’s was FUN. Jalen & Rap getting burned for that Jimmy G
4th & 18 was killer.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
WTF is going on. Whiners now signed perhaps the best QB on the market (debatable) in Sam Darnold? Now at the start of the year they are going to have Lance, Purdy, AND Darnold? I'd love to have a never ending supply of cap room too.
Darnold sucks, who cares

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Darnold sucks, who cares
So do our back up QB's. Well, we have none so yeah. He's light years better then our back ups last year before Baker arrived, and he might be better then Baker.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So do our back up QB's. Well, we have none so yeah. He's light years better then our back ups last year before Baker arrived, and he might be better then Baker.
Him and Baker aren't starters at all. They are about the same. There's a reason Darnold is being bounced around. If the Whiners have to play him, their offense will suffer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Some fans seem fine with it. Even with Atwell starting to come around it will be his third year before he can really contribute. That’s a wasted second round pick imo, even if Humphrey didn’t even exist.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Some fans seem fine with it. Even with Atwell starting to come around it will be his third year before he can really contribute. That’s a wasted second round pick imo, even if Humphrey didn’t even exist.
Yes because guys like Nick Bolton, Basham, Hunter Long (see what I did there),were available also. But, in reality, when you look at who was picked after Tutu, its not super impressive outside the obvious guys. 5 other teams after our pick of Tutu passed on him also.

This helps me sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.