OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Great, G-String is going to get the whiners a 3rd round comp on top of it all. I'm still unsure how the whiner can afford Hargrave when Bosa is due for the top extension given to a DL shortly, not to mention their other plethora of high end defenders. Disgusting.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Great, G-String is going to get the whiners a 3rd round comp on top of it all. I'm still unsure how the whiner can afford Hargrave when Bosa is due for the top extension given to a DL shortly, not to mention their other plethora of high end defenders. Disgusting.
They are doing the same thing we did. Loading up for the SB run. Then, they will have to re-build because you can only kick the can of cap $$$ down the road for so long

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
No doubt in my mind the Rams will be players in and monitor the FA market..

The UDFA market.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He looks kinda large to play QB. :biggrin:

I get it, the 9ers still don't have a QB, and that warms my heart :smilehearts:because it will limit how far they go in the postseason.

But still, they beat us in the trenches regularly, and because of that they beat us regularly even when our QB is healthy. Yeah, we did get that win in that one kinda important game, but in the regular season has been a different story, and I hate losing to those fuckers.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I get it, the 9ers still don't have a QB, and that warms my heart :smilehearts:because it will limit how far they go in the postseason.

But still, they beat us in the trenches regularly, and because of that they beat us regularly even when our QB is healthy. Yeah, we did get that win in that one kinda important game, but in the regular season has been a different story, and I hate losing to those fuckers.

They also lost their RT today to free agency.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, they may not have a very proven starter, but Purdy will be back by week 1 and he won them a bunch of games and looked good. Also, extremely cheap too. Then there is Lance who has yet to stay healthy enough to show anything, but, could be good too. Also, very cheap and young. I'd almost opt for their QB core then ours...probably not just almost. We have a fragile 30+ QB that if he takes a wrong shot on his neck or elbow, he could retire. Not to mention he is becoming expensive shortly.

I'll take the SB over it all though, but, not looking promising currently.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
They also lost their RT today to free agency.
amazon link GIF

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Chiefs just signed former Jags OT Jawaaan Taylor to a 4yr 80mil deal.

You mean you can win and still be ran and spend efficiently!?!

PARAM

Hall of Fame

McVay has suffered 38 regular season losses over 6 years. 3 postseason losses. He's lost to the niners 9 times (25% of his losses). But not in the postseason. I will take losing 3 out of every four niner games if it means we're in the postseason year after year. Because we're undefeated against them there!

Seriously, I get it. But I don't think it's our OL or the trenches that cause us to lose to SF. I think it's between McVay's ears. I remember the 2019 season when revisionist history says our OL sucked....particularly Noteboom and Allen. In week 6 vs SF, after averaging 28 PPG through the first 5 weeks, we stopped SF on a 3 and out. We took the punt and in our first possession, ran the ball 7 straight plays. 9 yds, 10 yds , 7, 9, 8, 5, 8...TD. With Malcolm Brown and Robert Woods. Gurley was in civies. Didn't look like they were kicking our ass in the trenches. But then two plays into our next drive Noteboom goes down and the rest is history.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
McVay has suffered 38 regular season losses over 6 years. 3 postseason losses. He's lost to the niners 9 times (25% of his losses). But not in the postseason. I will take losing 3 out of every four niner games if it means we're in the postseason year after year. Because we're undefeated against them there!

Seriously, I get it. But I don't think it's our OL or the trenches that cause us to lose to SF. I think it's between McVay's ears. I remember the 2019 season when revisionist history says our OL sucked....particularly Noteboom and Allen. In week 6 vs SF, after averaging 28 PPG through the first 5 weeks, we stopped SF on a 3 and out. We took the punt and in our first possession, ran the ball 7 straight plays. 9 yds, 10 yds , 7, 9, 8, 5, 8...TD. With Malcolm Brown and Robert Woods. Gurley was in civies. Didn't look like they were kicking our ass in the trenches. But then two plays into our next drive Noteboom goes down and the rest is history.

I agree that a part of those losses is that McVay gets inside his own head and seems to screw the pooch. But we still need to be better in the trenches, including against them, because they just bolstered an already good DL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No doubt in my mind the Rams will be players in and monitor the FA market..

The UDFA market.
I would have added, "after the final cut going into the regular season".

Yes, Snead does have a very good past record in signing UDFAs after the drafts, in fact, his history in this after-draft element is much better than his record history results from the first two days of the draft. He has been just awful since 2018.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Chiefs just signed former Jags OT Jawaaan Taylor to a 4yr 80mil deal.

You mean you can win and still be ran and spend efficiently!?!
Throwback right tackle with adequate foot quickness for pass-protection duties and above-average size and nastiness to fit the "road grader" model. Taylor strains to cave, kick or drive his opponent out of the way. His feet are good enough to slide out on speed rushers and redirect them past the pocket, but his hustle to protect his edge will expose him to inside moves from power counters. He'll need technique work in the run game and has to keep his weight in check, but he should be an early starter at right tackle or guard with a positive impact on the run game right away.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Who will we sign first? Anybody wanna bet? (only for bragging rights of guessing right)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would have added, "after the final cut going into the regular season".

Yes, Snead does have a very good past record in signing UDFAs after the drafts, in fact, his history in this after-draft element is much better than his record history results from the first two days of the draft. He has been just awful since 2018.

I think we'll engage in free agency soon enough, but likely won't happen until the big names & salaries have been picked over. There are several young inexpensive players who could fill depth roles nicely, ... about the only moderately priced guys I might see the Rams make a run at are OG's Dalton Risner or C/OG Evan Brown. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.