OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ouch that's rough! But it just never seemed like he took the next step.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Knew they had to waive someone if they were going to bring Shelley back from IR. Brown IV is as good a pick as anyone. Figured it was between him, Tyler Johnson and Zach Evans. With this being Brown's last year of his contract and no real bump in his play, I guess it makes sense. Just hate to throw away fifth round picks when there are gems like Kyren and Puka to be found in the fifth.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Knew they had to waive someone if they were going to bring Shelley back from IR. Brown IV is as good a pick as anyone. Figured it was between him, Tyler Johnson and Zach Evans. With this being Brown's last year of his contract and no real bump in his play, I guess it makes sense. Just hate to throw away fifth round picks when there are gems like Kyren and Puka to be found in the fifth.

Well, better EB4 than Evans or Johnson. Best of luck to him in finding another contract in the NFL.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Brown had one more year on his rookie contract but I agree that he rarely flashed in limited snaps.

swmizzou83

Starter
I think the staff is pretty high on Evans. Just doesn't seem like he's quite ready yet.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Report: Chiefs getting blocked from hiring emergency coach for playoffs​

The Washington Commodes are making it impossible for the Kansas City Chiefs to add Eric Bieniemy to their staff ahead of the playoffs. The Chiefs are set to play the Miami Dolphins in the wild-card round this week.
The Commodes don’t have any games to play in the postseason. The Commodes fired head coach Ron Rivera Monday morning following the 4-13 campaign for the 2023 season. There was some hope in the Chiefs fanbase that they could add former Kansas City offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy when Rivera was fired.

The Kansas City Chiefs need an offensive spark​

The Chiefs offense has struggled this season under offensive coordinator Matt Nagy. Per GH Media files, Mike Florio with NBC Sports floated the possibility in December of Bieniemy joining the Chiefs in the postseason:
Mike Florio with NBC Sports thinks the Chiefs could make a literal splash hire for the playoffs by adding Bieniemy once he’s been relieved of his offensive coordinator duties in Washington. Patrick Mahomes has hinted recently he misses his former offensive coordinator:
“First, the Commodes would have to fire Bieniemy. If/when they move on from coach Ron Rivera, the Commodes could choose to hold other members of the staff in place, until the next coach decides whether to keep him. If that doesn’t happen, and if Bieniemy is relieved of his duties, he’d be free and clear to join any other team for the playoff run.
Why not return to the Chiefs? Quarterback Patrick Mahomes recently explained that Bieniemy brought an accountability that the team is missing. “I think Coach Bieniemy set that standard when he was here,” Mahomes said.”

The Kansas City Chiefs are getting blocked by the Commodes​

The Commodes would have to play ball for the Chiefs to have an opportunity to hire Bieniemy. Bieniemy is still required to handle his duties with the Commodes in the wake of Rivera’s firing on Monday.
According to Ralph Vacchiano with Fox Sports, Bieniemy won’t be relieved of his duties in Washington anytime soon. Owner Josh Harris indicated Monday that he plans to keep the Commodes assistant coaches on staff until the team hires a head of football operations.

The Commodes have every right to keep Bieniemy in Washington for the time being. Bieniemy could wind up getting an interview for the head coaching vacancy.
The Chiefs will have to wait out the situation in Washington for a few days or a week. The Commodes will need to hire a head of football operations rather quickly to expedite hiring their next head coach

Until then, Bieniemy will not be heading to Kansas City to fulfill a role similar to what Vic Fangio did with the Philadelphia Eagles in last year’s Super Bowl. And it certainly won’t be in time for him to have much of an effect on the Chief’s contest against the Dolphins.
The Chiefs need Nagy to bring them through at least one more week.
Want more articles like this? Follow Gridiron Heroics on MSN to see more of our exclusive NFL content.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Commodes have every right to keep Bieniemy in Washington for the time being. Bieniemy could wind up getting an interview for the head coaching vacancy.
The Chiefs will have to wait out the situation in Washington for a few days or a week. The Commodes will need to hire a head of football operations rather quickly to expedite hiring their next head coach
Seems dickish to me unless they plan on really considering Bieniemy for their job. But whatever. Not surprised.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
But if EB were somehow to get a HC job, WA would not get those comp picks. That’s the one reason I can see for them wanting to Keep Him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But if EB were somehow to get a HC job, WA would not get those comp picks. That’s the one reason I can see for them wanting to Keep Him.
Hard to argue with that. :clinkingbeer:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But that means they will have to interview HC candidates themselves under the impression that their OC is already in place

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Where did Wink’s defense finish this year?

I’ll take your answer off the air, thanks.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
But that means they will have to interview HC candidates themselves under the impression that their OC is already in place

I dunno about that. They need only require a team to ask permission to speak to him. With the comp picks rule in place, I play it the same way. This shouldn’t upset anybody because it’s not like the hiring team is giving up those picks.

If I’m the new HC, I probably want my own staff, so one way or the other, EB is probably out of a job in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.